What stroller do you use in the parks?

mommaof3girls

Earning My Ears
We are going to be going on our first trip to WDW June 7-14th. We have three young girls (6, 4, and almost 2). DD 6 pretty much walks everywhere we go now (at the mall, zoo, etc. and is an active child, but hops on the back part of our sit n stand stroller sometimes). We plan on taking the sit n stand for DD 2 to be in and then DD 6 can hop on and off.

DD 4 will be in her Maclaren Techno XLR pretty much all the time as she has pretty severe CP and extremely limited mobility. We are kind of worried about it getting stolen and wondered what people do to identify their strolller as theirs.

Hang a bag with a diaper with cola in it from the side or handle....:lmao:
Seen this done and big turn off, also do not let any gifts in the stroller.
We decorate with stickers, a mickey luggage tag,
Be aware that CM will move them along to make room for incoming guest to park their own strollers.

We are going to be going on our first trip to WDW June 7-14th. We have three young girls (6, 4, and almost 2). DD 6 pretty much walks everywhere we go now (at the mall, zoo, etc. and is an active child, but hops on the back part of our sit n stand stroller sometimes). We plan on taking the sit n stand for DD 2 to be in and then DD 6 can hop on and off.

DD 4 will be in her Maclaren Techno XLR pretty much all the time as she has pretty severe CP and extremely limited mobility. We are kind of worried about it getting stolen and wondered what people do to identify their strolller as theirs.

We have the same stroller, it is awesome isn't it?

To answer your question, I hang a large golf towel on one of the handles which not only helps identify the stroller but is handy for wiping up miscellaneous liquids. We also get one of those Mickey balloons and tie it to the handle as well. I'd also recommend attaching a tag with your info in an inconspicuous place on the frame. I worried about losing our stroller too initially when we brought it for the first time last year, but it turned out to be a non-issue. Have fun on your trip.

Personalize your stroller as much as possible, there are cases were strollers are taken by someone with the same stroller by mistake and you usually get those back, but then there are the cases of someone just stealing your stroller, if you personalize your stroller(the more permanent the better),they are far less likely to steal your stroller.

We rented a Baby Jogger City Mini double a couple years ago, and will just rent a single for our next trip. I didn't want to hassle with taking our own stroller and the airlines. There were hundreds of the same strollers, but ours never got lost or stolen. Magic Strollers does but an identification tag on the stroller (it was our last name), and we also tied a balloon to it one day. I honestly think the chances of a stroller getting stolen is pretty low. It may happen from time to time, but it certainly isn't something I worry about.

I'd just try to personalize your stroller, laminate a piece of paper with your last name on it and attach it to the handle. Tie a balloon to it, or a scarf on it.

I usually get one of the big Mickey balloons and write DD's name on the back of it with a Sharpie then tie it to one of the handles!

I have the Techno XLR as well - love it! It's a great Disney stroller with that big extending sunshade! I didn't have any issues with theft last year (well obviously..since I said that I HAVE and not HAD it lol) and it was easy to pick out in a crowd for the most part. My stroller is tan & crimson and I guess tan isn't a super popular stroller color. We did lose it in a crowd once in AK (in a sea of tan disney strollers) and we had a mini panic moment on our first night when it was moved by a cm into a hidden stroller parking (hidden at night at least!).

My best advice is to personalize if you feel it's a popular stroller. I wouldn't personally do the diaper full of soda. First of all..yuck! Second of all, that seems like it would attract bees or other critters to the stroller. But other ideas are great - a sign w/ your name, balloons, or a bright scarf. I saw in another thread, someone had mentioned they put glow bracelets around the handles to easily find it at night! I am stealing that idea this year.

We have taken our Maclaren double twice. I have loved it. This year I am going to try and take our Peg Perego Pliko P3 instead. It is a single, but has a footboard on the back. Considering the twins are older this year (4) I am thinking they won't want to ride as much and a single is so much easier on the plane/bus. Fingers crossed I am not going to show up and be missing my Mac!!

We rented the citi mini last time and it was great. Will do that again for sure.

We had a baby jogger city mini I rented. I tied a lime green ribbon on to ours. Since it was rented, there were a lot of them out and the tag the rental company uses they put on the bottom so it was helpful to have something tied to it on the handle. I don’t know how many times that helped us find it in the parking lot of strollers. I can still hear dd yelling, “Mom, there’s the ribbon!” :rotfl2:

This time, ds is too big for me to wear through the airport with everything else I will be carrying, but still too little to walk (considering dd would have to be the one to hold his hand), so I’m bringing a stroller from home. Much to my and my son’s delight, we have our own city mini now, but it’s blue (rentals tend to be orange). We also have a Mickey Mouse “This stroller belongs to…” tag we will be using. We’ll also be using some Cars and Mickey Mouse stickers on the sides.

MacLaren Double - my girls are TINY though and still fit very comfortably.

We don't leave anything valuable in the strollers, and put balloons or towels, and such on them. One stroller we have has blue hair paint stain from a previous trip. ;)

A luggage tag would probably work as well.

I think you have gotten good advice so far. My ODS has CP, we have been taking him to WDW since just before he turned 3. Just wanted to see if you had stopped by the DisAbilities board. Lots of parents of kids with various disabilities there.

Also wanted to make sure that you knew to stop in at Guest Services, you can get a flag (kinda like a luggage tag) so that you can have the stroller for your daughter marked "stroller as wheelchair" ennabling you to take her stroller in line and other places that strollers are not allowed (like the Land pavillion in Epcot) or use the wheelchair accessible ride entrance if the ride does not have a mainstreamed ride queue.

Have a great trip. We have found that WDW does a good job making things easier for those with disabilities. Our DS is almost 9 years old and will be taking g his 6th Disney trip next month.

We use our Britax B-Ready w/the second seat. We bought a bike chain lock, but never used it. We just stuck stickers all over it just for the trip. It's also the only B-Ready with the black frame and I never saw anyone with the same stroller so it was pretty easy to identify. Someone would be pretty stupid to steal it since it stands out, lol.

When my girls were in strollers, I bought 200 glow bracelets from eBay (for about $18) and looped a few of them around the handles each night. It was so easy to find our strollers in the parking areas because they were illuminated:goodvibes.

Those glow bracelets have so many uses...

...I looped one through DD's pacifier...made it easy to find when she'd drop it in her stroller!
...I stuck a few into DD's ponytail, like chopsticks...made her easy to find:rotfl2:. I also looped them around the girls' tank top straps.
...I use them in my bag to help locate small items in the dark. I also put them in my treat bag when we did MNSSHP to help the CM's see where they were putting the candy.

For those that suggested the balloons, be forewarned that balloons are not allowed at the AKL and I don't know if that includes the AK park as well. They are a safety hazard to the animals.

We bring a Chicco Cortina for our 2 yr old. This was always our Disney only stroller. And for our 5 yr old we will bring our Maclaren. We have personalized both strollers by embroidering our last names on the back of them. Hard to claim it as yours unless you have our last name. LOL. They even match the stroller so it looks really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter