What Souvies are a MUST on the ship?

I got it in the Treaures Ketch shop on the Magic...It was a limited print they said and then I took it to guest services and it was in my room thursday night! it was in a hard tube so I just packed it in my luggage in between a bunch of clothes. I love seeing it daily! We plan on getting a new one everytime and covering the walls in our family room with them

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but my fav souv. besides the xmas ornament we get signed by the captain is this print...cost me $25 is about poster size maybe bigger and I had it signed by the characters. What an awesome reminder of the cruise...I look at it daily and pla to get another on my next cruise! Cheap souv.
2008035.jpg

Sorry only half the photo, this photo was actually of our cruise count down chain the kids made. :)

WOW! That looks SO sharp and SO classy. I mean, for $25 plus the frame, you have something that looks 4 times as expensive.

That is definitely something I will be looking into. My only question is whether to get it signed or leave it blank.

Hmmmm....

Wow - that picture is a fantastic idea!! I absolutely love it & will be looking for one when the shops open!!! What a great reminder of your vacation to look at every day.

Oh man, going on our first ever cruise this September. . .

Man, I am so in deep trouble here. and my budget is busted for sure!

Only thing *I think* I may be able to pass up is the beach towel "syndrom" you all seem to have :rotfl: We had a huge inground pool for many years (before our last move) and I never want to buy another beach towel ever, I think I still own at least 3 dozen in perfect condition. :sad2:

there are some great ideas here, thanks everyone!

Just wondering...... this will be our first cruise. What is so special about the cc towels? Aren't they just beach towels like you can get at home with the logo? Just wondering if I should save my money for this.

I dont think there is anything special about the bach towels...sometime in the past they gave some for castaway club members as ur gift in the ststeroom. I just think people like them as a reminder.

You can't buy the cruise line or castaway cay items anywhere but on the ship. The beach towels are cute and I had to have a couple of them. To each his own....but now I do want one of those prints!!!

I'm going to be broke! Towels, shirts, pins, Christmas ornaments, signed print... but it'll be worth it!

I bought this awesome hoodie sweatshirt on our last cruise- is is so nice, I wear it all of the time. It has been washed alot- and still has all of it's color and it didn't shrink. DH wants one when we go on our next cruise!! :thumbsup2

Can anyone post pics of some of their souvies? I would like to see some of the towels for sure! (Also, someone mentioned that the towels were like $40 or $50...is that for real?!):scared1:

there are some really great towels for under $20 (or were last year). The $50 towel I wanted was more like 2 towels and had Mickey and Minnie on it...it was special.

I would love to see a pic of the hoodie...my DH and I were just talking about the fact that I need a new one and we should wait to get one onboard.

I'm really surprised that no one mentioned the bank. I bought a resin? plastic bank that looks like the ship with Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Pluto on it, and took it to the Captain signing, he signed the side and each time I put the spare change in it, I can pretend that I'm saving for another cruise.:lmao:

do they still have these ship banks?

I'm really surprised that no one mentioned the bank. I bought a resin? plastic bank that looks like the ship with Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Pluto on it, and took it to the Captain signing, he signed the side and each time I put the spare change in it, I can pretend that I'm saving for another cruise.:lmao:
With DCL's prices, it better be a BIG bank! ;)

My favorite purchases are the pictures - no where else do we get to take professional pictures as a family.

My best small souvenir is my DCL cooler only $10 and I use it all the time!

A beach towel, a photo frame, a T-shirt for each of the kids and a few of the professional photos (besides taking 100's of my own photos). I also really like the Christmas ornament idea and might start doing that as well.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter