What sounds do you commonly hear coming from outside your home?

Lawn mowers, bluebirds, dogs, fighter jets from the local military base, clarinet practice, kids swinging and swimming

:drive:Vehicles, but not a ton (it isn't a busy street), :goodvibes kids in the school-yard directly across from us (boy, it's nice to see them back now!!) and about a million nasty little rat-bastard squirrels chitter-chattering and running up and down our trees, our fence and in my flower beds. :mad:

Cars, lawn mowers, guy working next door (if I am in my room), neighbor kid playing basketball in our adjacent driveway.

Not much. I don’t hear many cars but once in awhile I will hear if a larger loud truck goes by. We hear sirens sometimes too.

Song birds in spring/summer...honking geese heading south in the fall...silence of snow in winter. This is New Hampshire.

coyotes,squirrels,birds,occasionally a car or a leafblower. Lawnmowers. I love hearing the pack of coyotes howl whenever they hear a siren.... sometimes an owl.

Birds, landscapers during the week, lawnmowers and leaf blowers on the weekends (for those without landscapers), we get garbage pickup twice a week, bulky/vegetation once a week, recycling once a week. Cars, traffic helicopters (a mile from 3 different highways, I hear one now). Back in the day, jet planes from the 3 NYC area airports, but I think they changed flight patterns (I remember having to pause conversations). Most of us have dogs, so lots of barking every afternoon when the mail is delivered.

Neighborhood dogs, birds, our water fountain, yard work or remodeling projects, emergency vehicles for the nearby hospital, airplanes...depending on flight patterns, and during May-July...nightly fire crackers/fireworks...this year was crazy the amount of them...July 4th felt like we were in a war zone!

In the morning, Sand Cranes and they are loud!
otherwise some light vehicle movement unless a motorcyclist decides to rev it up
planes overhead , I actually have noticed that there are not as many flights as there used to be
lawn mowers
dogs

Lots of birds, the outdoor cats meowing for food. Trucks, cars. The neighbors yelling at each other. Lawn mowers, weedwackers, chainsaws. Trash trucks once a week. Fire trucks a lot (we live down the road from the volunteer Fire Dept.

Doesn't your city have a noise ordinance? Around here they can't start working outside until after 8 am, and has to stop before 9 pm. (exception would be state trucks if something has to be done, like snow plowing, road work etc., or regular snowplows that people hire during storms).and after hearing what you have to listen to, I am most grateful!

Right now I hear birds. We live on the main road in our neighborhood and people use it as a cut through. There is a speed bump right in front of our house and we can hear when people hit it too fast (or a big truck hits it).
We have woods and a creek in the back (can't see the creek but it's there). The sounds of frogs in the evening is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter