1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

What song, smell, sound, etc. takes you to WDW??

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by baby1disney, Jul 13, 2012.

1. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

Right now, I'm sitting at work and listening to DVC Radio on Live365 and the whole Stacy Aswat resort tv show is on!!:goodvibespixiedust: Everytime I hear this..I instantly go to when I walk in my room and the first thing I do is turn on the tv so I can hear Stacy!!! LOL (actually, my bags aren't even out of my hand yet and I'm turning the tv on to hear her!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:)

So it got me thinking: I wonder what makes other people transport to WDW.
    This should be interesting and I can't wait to hear/see what everyone has to say!!:cool1::thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SkyMedik

SkyMedik 15 Disney Trips and Counting

Every time my wife has a creamsicle it reminds me of the Citrus Swirls from that stand outside the enchanted tiki room. :)

4. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

That's a good one. I have yet to have one of those creamciscles!!

5. dixiegirl

dixiegirl sorry but those dolls really creep me out!!

I know it sounds weird but when I shop at Target and have to use the restroom - they use the same air freshener as the restrooms at the parks - takes me there instantly!

6. Mindy5767

Mindy5767 Loving My DVC Membership

definitely the scent of the H2O bath products! :goodvibes It shoots me right back to my beloved Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa!!

Did any of you see the new products? This is the one for non-Deluxe resorts:
    [​IMG]

and this is deluxe and villa:
    [​IMG]

the new ones are smaller, but I guess they're trying to reduce waste... which I can't blame them for. I'm a stock holder. I want a healthy bottom line too!

7. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

The Sound, Smell, Taste of $$$$

8. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

MouseWorld Radio is playing the entire "It's Tough to Be a Bug" right now. Even though it's just the sound, it's transporting me to AK a little bit :goodvibes

Aside from that -- yes, I agree about certain restroom air fresheners and soaps. Also, whenever I hear "You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan, I'm totally there!

9. DeltaDiamond001

DeltaDiamond001 <font color=red>DISaholic<br><font color=royalblue

Music from Future World in Epcot.

The smell of pineapple anything... reminds me of Dole Whips.

And whenever I end up spending an obscene amount of money on useless junk... reminds me of buying souvenirs... ;)

10. Jotash

Jotash Mouseketeer

Welcome Medley. Instantly cheers me up when I'm down.

11. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

Ooooo!! These are some good smells. Also for me, when it's summertime and you wake up early and go outside to have coffee or just to sit outside and that fresh morning air and dew!!! Reminds me of whenever I wake up at the resort or driving down in the morning...ahhhhh

12. joanjett1976

joanjett1976 <font color=blue>Shane in the study with the candl

MUJI sell a certain candle that smells like the burning Rome scene in Spaceship Earth. Takes me right there!

13. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

It's what I call a "pirates" sky... When it's getting dark and the clouds look just like the inside of POTC. A musty "pirates" smell is an added bonus. Takes me away every time.

14. zendisney

zendisney <font color=deeppink>The Dis is like potato chips.

Popcorn (Main Street), Pine needles, Citrus (Soarin), Lavender lotion (England @ EPCOT) It's Gotta be a good Life, One Republic , I think... (Song)

15. nickyb720

nickyb720 Mouseketeer

We bought a bottle of Banana Boat After Sun Aloe for sunburns. We used it the first time at Disney when my bride and I got a little burned. So whenever one of uses it now, it always brings us back to Disney!

16. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

Yes, it's One Republic that sings that song and I also think of WDW whenever I hear that song!!!

Awww!!!:cloud9: Congrats on your upcoming wedding anniversary!!!

17. shawy1269

shawy1269 Mouseketeer

Musty water smell transports me to Splash Mountain or Pirates, listening to Illuminations when I walk my dogs.

18. metalis4ever

metalis4ever Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

The smell of sunblock gets me every time!!!

Personally speaking whenever I hear Hard Rock songs from the late 90's especially from bands like Snot, Sevendust and System of a Down I am instantly transported to Disney in my mind because most of the friends I made during the Disney College Program (Spring '99) listened to those bands and the ones that didn't were forced to listen to them when they asked for rides to work or the Parks :) Good times, good times....

19. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Whenever I listen to Disney Music (which is usually every day at work)...what ever song is playing, I can see the attraction and remember being there.......I'll be there again....soon...very soon......:banana:

20. belle41379

belle41379 Disney is my happy place.

My "Music from the Park" and "Official Album" cd's.

H2O products, especially the lotion. My full size bottle is now empty. :(

Wearing any of my special jewelry from the parks.

21. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

Man, I love all of these responses!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I would have to say that burning wood reminds me of SE all the time. I'm hoping to book a trip here soon to go because I'm in need of going to the park!!!