• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What size...

It will be a size 12 and I think size 5 shoes will be 7.5.

The conversion for dress sizes is down one size while shoes I am sure is up 2.5 sizes.

Not sure on the shoes as I am a size 7 and always pick a 10 in the US through years of buying out there!

Elise79 said:
It will be a size 12 and I think size 5 shoes will be 7.5.

The conversion for dress sizes is down one size while shoes I am sure is up 2.5 sizes.

Not sure on the shoes as I am a size 7 and always pick a 10 in the US through years of buying out there!

Well i had a 9.5 and im a 6 so thats right
and im a 16 so buy a 14. Its the only time i flash my size off is when iv got my american 14's on

Is a UK 14 in America, and size 5 shoes?

Sorry very random Q I know

Thx

To be honest, there isn't a distinctive conversion. Officially, the conversion for clothing is 2 sizes down, so you would be a 10 in the US, but my wife is from the US and she says that is not correct at all. Her view is it is more than 1 size down but not quite 2 sizes down.

My wife is a size 8.5-9 in the US and a 5.5-6 in the UK.

I would try the clothes on I'm a UK 10 and a us 6 so for me its 2 sizes it might depend on the shop though. I'm a 3.5-4 shoe size and get a us6 :).

I'm a size 14 and a size 5.5 in shoe (but with wide feet) in the UK. In the US depending on the fit I'm usually a size 10. If the size 10 is on the neat side then a 12 is a bit roomy. I have some size 12 shorts I bought a couple of years back in the US when I was a bit more cuddly - I can take them up and down without undoing the zip/waistband now. :lmao: It's just like here, you really have to try things on. We're just back and DD asked me to bring back clothes from American Eagle. She's a size 10 here and the American Eagle size 6 fit to perfection. Shoes - 8.5/9 again depending on the fit.

Mrs TT

I work in a Vintage clothes shop and it used to be one size down. Ie, a dress size 12 dress in the UK in 1992 would be a size 10 in the USA.
Now, they are generally two sizes different. Ie, a size 12 dress in the UK would be a size 8 in the USA.
I stress the word 'generally', as sizes differ in EVERY shop and are just there as a guide.

I think that is wrong, almost every conversion charts say 2 sizes down. In my DW experience having moved from the US to the UK, 2 sizes isn't accurate in reality either though.

This link might be useful

That link shows exactly the same conversion for clothes as I posted earlier :confused3

Size 14 UK will be one size down to a 12 US. I have never ever managed to go down 2 sizes to a 10 although I could dream about it :goodvibes

I buy most of my clothes in the US and always buy size 12 and I am a size 14 in most UK shops.

You've really, really got to try stuff on. Use the chart as a starting point. I wear a size 8 in the UK but have several pairs of size 0 jeans and often buy "XS" items from the US, for example, which doesn't comply with any chart anywhere :lmao:

However you look at it though, the number is smaller ;)

That link shows exactly the same conversion for clothes as I posted earlier :confused3

Size 14 UK will be one size down to a 12 US. I have never ever managed to go down 2 sizes to a 10 although I could dream about it :goodvibes

I buy most of my clothes in the US and always buy size 12 and I am a size 14 in most UK shops.

I don't think I made my point very well... sorry! Most of the conversion charts say 2 sizes, others say 1 size down. My wife who is American says it's neither! My DW is a 16 UK and she's a US 12. The point I was trying to make (albeit badly) is that the conversions aren't definitive. My DW says it's 1.5 sizes down :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter