• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What size is your almost 2 year old wear?

Kelnstephen

Earning My Ears
This is a not a disney Question. But the Children's place is having a great summer sale. And I'm trying to guess what size my 11 month old will be in next year? She is in size 12 months right know. She will be in size 18 month come fall. Any ideas. Or what size is your almost 2 year old in ?

Both of my kids were in the same size as their age for most of the time. I did find that Children's Place clothes seemed short for my DD (especially in shirts) and true to size for DS. My kids really seemed to slow their growth rate after the first 18 months. DD is turning 5 at the end of the month and is wearing 4s and 5s. DS turned 2 in January and is wearing 2T and 24 months. They both are pretty average sized kids- 50th percentile most of the time.

Good question, but only you'll be able to guess...

My daughter will be 2 on Friday - she is wearing 18 mos tops and 12 mos shorts! She's a tiny thing - only 22 lbs soaking wet!

If your daughter is wearing 12 mos clothing at 12 mos of age, I would suspect 2Ts at age 2... but remember if you're buying shorts, they run big and I always buy a size down.

My daughter is 2 1/2 and she wears 18 months, she has always been very petite. Childrens Place always has huge sales going on you might want to wait until next year. I personally wouldn't but anything now for next year just because you never know what size they will be wearing next year.

My younger daughters are NOT the norm, let me say. At 11 mos old, dd3 wore all Gymboree...size 3-6 month and some 6-12 month. She was right around 16 lbs on her first birthday. Her second birthday, she wore Gymboree 12-18 month clothes. Last year, we went to WDW for her 3rd birthday. She wore Gymboree 18-24 month clothes. She is getting turning 4 soon, and is now in 2T Gymboree for waist, 3T has waaaay too much room in the diaper area. She is 30 lbs now.

For Childrens Place, we have all kinds of trouble there. For each clothing item it is different. I bought her 18 month clothes for when she'd be 2, though. They mostly worked out.

My just two year old wears 18-24 months on the bottom, sometimes 2T but we're just moving into that and it's mostly things that run really small or have an adjustable waist. She wears 2T mostly on top because she's pretty tall. She weighs just under 29 pounds and is 36 inches tall, long and lean like her daddy. :)

WOW - Guess I've got the giant of this group. DD is 2.5 (will be 3 end of Oct) and has been in 2T for about 6 months and in many 3T clothes for the last few months. Shorts are mostly 2T but some of her 3T shirts are a little short on her. She was likely in mostly 12-18 month clothes at 11 months (to give the OP an idea to compare). Sounds like your dd might be in the same boat. I say go for it if the sale is good enough - likely she'll wear it at some point - even if she grows out of it half way through the summer you'll get some wear from it.

My dd isn't at the highest of percentages either - mostly around the 75 percentile. And she isn't chubby. Just big I guess. :) And ACTS like she's about 12 already - lol.

My dd is the exact same age. She is average sized and wears mostly size 12 month (and a few 18 month) Gymboree. I expect her to be in both 18-24 months and 2T by next summer. With my older dd, I always size up on top and down on the bottom. So, she'll very likely be in 24 month shorts/capris and 2T tops and dresses.

How big is your dd? Where does she fall in the charts? Mine has been right @ 50th %, and is about 20+ pounds now at 11 months.

My DS turned 2 just a few weeks ago. He is solidly in 2T. Has been for a few months. In Gymboree, he is just now getting into 2T but can still wear his 18-24mos. But in TCP, he is very much into 2T, and it just fits him. Especially the shirts. I find them to be a bit short in the torso also. I think TCP runs small personally. I think he'll be growing out of them soon. He is a little above average in size - maybe 75th percentile.

Their growth rates really start to slow down after 18 months. My older DS wore 2T for almost an entire year. Therefore, I think you could buy 2T summer clothes for an almost one year old now, and be safe. Of course, it depends on where you live too. We live in GA, and wear summer clothes for about 8 months. I have to be really careful about buying winter clothes since the window is so much smaller!

I am not one to ask. My DD will be 2 next month and she can still fit in some 6 to 9 but mostly wears 12 months, some 18 months in dresses and shorts. She just is teeny like her mom and sister I guess.

taximomfor4, both my girls were 16 lbs at one year. (as was I.) My almost 2 year old is 20 lbs now and my over 5 year old is holding steady at 30 lbs for a while now.

What I would do is talk to your ped about what rate your child is growing. She should be growing along a path, and it should predict how big she will be around each age.

24 months and 2t are pretty close to the same thing. If she is almost 1 and in 12 months olds, I would buy 2t or 24 months for next year.

I meet a kid at the library today, he was 5 years old, taller then most of the 8 year olds and weighed 80 lbs. That seems insane that he would be in the same class as my DD in school, but God makes them all shapes and sizes. ;) Personaly for kids I think it is better to be small for your age. No one expects you to be more mature then age appropraite. People say daily my almost 2 year old looks too tiny to be walking. Hello she will be 2 soon, and didn't start walking until she was 17 months old (she was a experinced scooter.)

When my daughter was almost 2, I bought 2T (24 months) bottoms and 3T tops from Children's Place. I think their clothes run small - better for slim kids.

I thought my DS was going to be HUGE. Less than 7 lbs at birth by 6 mths he was wearing 12 mth clothes and by 1 yr he was wearing 24 mths. I thought at that rate he'd be a 4T by age 2 but his growth REALLY slowed down and he was in 24 mths for a year. He just turned 2 and for this summer I bought him all 2T which fits perfect. He just had his 2 yr well baby visit and grew less than 1 inch since he was 18 months. He's 31 lbs 34 1/4 inches.

Be careful at the Children's Place especially with the PJ's. DS's thick ones from there are 24 months and are bigger on him than the 36 mth thinner ones, except one thin pair which ran super huge. They are all the same brand and you would think they would fit the same, but they don't. :confused3 They do carry the best selection of PJ's with feet that I have found anywhere though.

My DD turned 2 in April. She was/is in size 2T. She's in the 75% for height 50% for weight. Pants, she still wore some 24 mos cuz shes so skinny! If you can buy stuff w/the elastic waist it helps. I would say size 2T though.

My DS2 turned 2 two months ago, and he is wearing 2T. He's been pretty average sized, except a bit on the thin side, so most of the pants and shorts are too big in the waist. He's still able to wear 18-month summer shorts that we bought when his big brother was that age.

The clothing brand makes a HUGE difference in the sizing, of course, so if you know a brand runs true to his size, I'd expect that to continue. Similarly, if the brand runs bigger (Osh Kosh)/smaller (Target), plan accordingly.

DisneyPhD said:
taximomfor4, both my girls were 16 lbs at one year. (as was I.) My almost 2 year old is 20 lbs now and my over 5 year old is holding steady at 30 lbs for a while now.

Lol. I have no idea what I weighed at one yr old...no baby book. Darn mom, anyhow!! I do know that I was still in kids' clothes in high school (sz 12). Not so petite anymore, though, lol.

I am big on buying clothes ahead for my kids, but I am more careful when it comes to summer clothing. Here in NE Ohio, we only need it for a few months. If it is pants or short sleeved shirts that are not season-specific, I will buy ahead and box it. Sometimes the kids surprise me and get into the new size sooner, and sometimes the clothes languish in the attic an extra year. My 8yo is famous for confusing me with her clothing sizes....she is 8 now, and FINALLY got into her size 6 clothes. Very exciting, as I was getting sick of looking at the 5's.

I have found that TCP pants/shorts are all too big in the waist for my kids. I hope they start making the adjustable waist for babies/toddlers soon. My older two kids were wearing 18-24 months the season before they turned two. Now, my second youngest will be three in September and is still wearing 12 month shorts. I sure wish I was that thin!!!!

My youngest is also 11 months, and is currently wearing 9-12 month clothing. I just shopped at TCP at the outlet near our beach, and got him some 18 month shorts for next summer. As I said, the waist always seems huge, and since there isn't a length issue with shorts, that seems safest. Now with shirts, I would go with a 2T/24 months, since they can be a little big with no problem. All of mine have been in the tiny side, though (no more than the 25th percentile).

My beautiful litle Stinker Bell is turning 2 Aug. 26 and is in 2T. Hey!!!! I LOVE the Children's Place OUTLET here in Park City Utah. We found stuff for next year in size 3T (4t for sweatshirts- I almost always go up a size for winter wear) I kid-you-not sweatpants for DS6 and DS8 for a dollar! The good thick pocketed ones! Yippee for us! PLUS we had recieved a 10% (or was it 15%???) off coupon in the mail- Go to the childrens place website for a printable coupon if they have one or at least to get on the mailing list. YEAH!!! Then in the freezing cold winter I'll go again and buy the kids their swimsuits and shorts for summer 2007.

My little one is currently 20 months and in a 18~24 months. She has been pretty true to age/size;)

My dd is 2.5 (was 2 in December). She is wearing 2T and 3T clothing this summer. All of her shorts/tops are 2T and her dresses are 3T (most dresses stop having the underwear cover at this size and I don't like her panties to show so I buy the bigger size so they are longer). However, some of her clothes this summer are from last summer and still fit fine. I would buy atleast one complete size up from what she is wearing now just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter