• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What size is "Pooh-size"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you were trying to be funny asking if someone who weighs 136 lbs. would have trouble fitting into rides. You are the size of a 13 year old, and this isn't the land of oz, it's Disney World. :confused3

Was that really necessary?

This was NOT a joke... I was going by our BMI which deems us overweight to almost obese. I just wanted to check the the DIS experts before we were deep in planning only to discover that we could not fit on the popular attractions.

This was NOT a joke... I was going by our BMI which deems us overweight to almost obese. I just wanted to check the the DIS experts before we were deep in planning only to discover that we could not fit on the popular attractions.

The rides at WDW were not designed to be a reward for people who are fit and trim. They're meant to attract & serve the widest possible audience (and keep them coming back & spending money). It wouldn't make very good business sense to make rides that anyone even a little overweight couldn't fit on.

Not to mention possible issues with the ADA.

I don't think it was a joke - there are some coaster rides at six flags where he would probably be a little snug..that is why Disney is so much better- NEVER have to think about fitting on a ride
My husband is 5' 9" and weighs about 190 and he is not obese and has no problems ridding anything at WDW or Six Flags. There wasn't anything snug on him at Six Flags.

My DH is a big guy and can't ride most roller coasters at 6 Flags or Universal but he fits on EVERYTHING at WDW with room to spare. :thumbsup2

See this is what is wrong when we have allowed the insurance companies to decide for us what is obese and what is not. The insurance companies have convinced this person that she is borderline obese why because they have calculated the numbers that will optomize their profit by hopefullycurtailing medical expenses of being truelly overweight.

intersting read if you dont believe it
http://www.americashealthrankings.org/2009/report/Cost%20Obesity%20Report-final.pdf

I'm 6'4", and last time we went, I weighed as much as the two of you combined (335 lbs), and I fit on everything that I tried. But I am losing weight, down to 310, and trying to lose more. So, you will be fine.

See this is what is wrong when we have allowed the insurance companies to decide for us what is obese and what is not. The insurance companies have convinced this person that she is borderline obese why because they have calculated the numbers that will optomize their profit by hopefullycurtailing medical expenses of being truelly overweight.

intersting read if you dont believe it
http://www.americashealthrankings.org/2009/report/Cost%20Obesity%20Report-final.pdf

I generally have a problem with insurance companies. I don't really have a problem with this. BMIs offer a wide range of weights within each category, and it's probably healthiest to be close to normal weight for your BMI.

I'm not there myself -- weight is a struggle for me as it is for many people -- but I understand and acknowledge that my extra weight is not good for me, and that's true whether it costs my insurance company extra money or not.

What size is Pooh-size? My husband and I are overweight and am concerned that we may be too big for some of the rides. My BMI is 28 & his is obese with a BMI of 30 (I am 5'0" & 136 lbs DH is 5'8" 197 lbs). We are both very muscular and he is broad through the shoulders. It would be soooo embarrassing to be told that we are too big to ride with our children. Any advice?

I am 5'10 and 200 pounds a little over weight. about 20 pounds, but I dont consider myself pooh sized...so i wouldnt consider yall pooh sized...also if your in shape with Muscle I doubt you even look the weight...My MIL and I hate to say this is pooh sized and has ridden everything....she is probably 5'5 and 250....with no issues

Hmm... well...okay I wish I could say that I was as slim and trim as you guys. Or just taller. I have been to more than one amusement park where I had to get off a ride after waiting in a line because I was too fat to fit. The first time was about 10 years and 80 lbs ago. This year at Cedar Point, I didn't fit into rides that I had no problem fitting in when I was 5'4 and over 300 lbs. While the rest of the world is getting smaller, it is very refreshing not to have to worry about getting on the rides at WDW. I was worried before the first time we went, but I worry no more! My DH is bigger than I am and much taller. We have NEVER had any problems fitting on any of the rides. We couldn't ride in the same astro orbiter car, but this is no longer an issue since I will not be riding it at any other time while I am still alive. You guys will be perfectly fine on EVERYTHING.

Only ride I ever have a issue getting into is Space Moutain...Not sure why...getting out of it sucks too...but its not really a size thing...i dont think

I guess you were trying to be funny asking if someone who weighs 136 lbs. would have trouble fitting into rides. You are the size of a 13 year old, and this isn't the land of oz, it's Disney World. :confused3

You know, I feel so misunderstood when I hear stuff like this.:headache: I am 5' tall and weigh around 135 right now and am actively working it off. 5' is not tall and weight is much more evident on us than taller people. Put it this way - in the pics in my signature I am about 120 pounds. Imagine 15 more pounds on that frame = curvy!
Not everyone is the same size and 136 pounds on a woman that is 5'5 is FAR different than 136 pounds on someone 5'. So frustrating....:confused3

In regards to insurance companies, they just see it on paper. They fail to realize that 10 people at 190 would look different and be in different stages of health. I have battled my weight for years, and if they only knew what that number really does, I just wish they would look at the total picture. I know several skinny people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetic, and smoke like chimneys......I have none of the above but because my bmi is higher than theirs I am the risk....:confused3:confused3

. I know several skinny people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetic,

Although i dont consider myself skinny and i dont think i am fat but i have all of those with a Kidney Disease thrown in....my wife is skinny and has high cholesterol...:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter