What sites can I find discounted Disney Cruises on?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if there are any trust worthy sites where I can look for disney cruises for less than booking thru disney? We are on a tight budget and are looking to save money any way we can:confused3

Disney doesn't discount cruises. If you're looking for a bargain, try a last-minute cruise with a different cruise line. sorry.

The only "discount" you can get would be a bit of on board credit that a travel agent can give you if you book through them. Otherwise, like the PP said, there really are no discounts on DCL.

DCL is quite expensive compared to other cruise lines, by the way. The nice thing is that once onboard, we don't really spend lots of money (other than the cruise itself).

Only thing we have seen to save anything on a Disney cruies is OBC's. Disney offer is $25 OBC for trip we planed . While Dreams Unlimited gave $100 along with Disneys $25 for booking online. Total $125 for OB credits.

Yes I am famliar with Disney Cruises. We had our honeymoon on a disney cruise to the bahamas 6 years ago. We are just trying to see how we can save money booking another one. THank you for all of your responses. My husband is retired military so maybe we can get a discount that way.:)

Disney doesn't discount cruises. If you're looking for a bargain, try a last-minute cruise with a different cruise line. sorry.

Well, we never would have sailed Disney if we couldn't have taken advantage of their kids sail free (2x) and awesome on board credit...Our first cruise was for 7 people on a 10 night and we paid less than 4k! Disney also gave us $700 On board credit, we had $500 OBC through travel agent AND extra for originally booking online...

I'd say Disney does discount cruises...it just won't be during peak travel times..also they are offering special codes for last minute travel...you have to pay 100% at booking and no switching rooms, you get what you get...but it can save you 30-40%..

HTH!
Tara

When do you typically see kids sail free or deeper discounts on their cruises? I know it would be off season, but is there a trend for when that is? Also, how early can you book? I have heard that the earlier you book a cruise the less expensive it is b/c the rates go up as the sail date gets closer. So if I am looking at Jan 2013, when do you think those dates will be published? I am new to this whole cruising thing, but I do understand that the price is the price unless Disney issues discounts or free kids!! :confused3
Thanks!

I was wondering if there are any trust worthy sites where I can look for disney cruises for less than booking thru disney? We are on a tight budget and are looking to save money any way we can:confused3

Hi,

Definitely look for TA giving OBC, also Disney Visa gives $50 OBC if you pay in full on it. If you are flexible with time, there are some dates that are a lot less money than others. It is true that you can find another line that is less money, but it is not the same as a Disney cruise. Disney also does not nickel-and-dime you on everything. You can book the lowest inside cabin they have, but you are treated and made to feel you are in the largest suite!

Enjoy,
Dawn:goodvibes

When do you typically see kids sail free or deeper discounts on their cruises? I know it would be off season, but is there a trend for when that is? Also, how early can you book? I have heard that the earlier you book a cruise the less expensive it is b/c the rates go up as the sail date gets closer. So if I am looking at Jan 2013, when do you think those dates will be published? I am new to this whole cruising thing, but I do understand that the price is the price unless Disney issues discounts or free kids!! :confused3
Thanks!

They tend to bring out kids sail free when they are having a difficult time selling a particular cruise. Will they have it in January 2013 that's hard to say.

Thanks!

Actually, we were able to get it last spring break/Easter week. We were also in the parks, and they were packed and charging "peak" rates. Don't know why they extended the deal all the way out until Easter, but it was great for us.

For Alaska, though, they only offered the KSF promo until all the kids got out of school. Makes sense, but still made me sad.

You can look for certain cruises at discounted rates through Disney. We booked our Aug 2010 Med cruise in Nov 2009 for ocean view....$8,000. In March of 2010 if we were willing to take a guaranty, we booked it for $2500 for 2! that's a huge savings, yes we downgraded to an inside cabin but we were NEVER in our rooms except to sleep. Most of the excursions were so long so for us it was worth it.

So the moral is keep checking, however, the theory could also work against you. On popular sailings and dates, the fares will increase!

A lot of posts on this thread are saying that I can save possibly if I book a last minute cruise. What is considered last minute ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter