What simple foods can't you cook?

Oh, and those stupid McCormick powdered gravy packages. I follow the directions EXACTLY, and it's still runny. Never again. I'm done with that. I'll pay the $3 for Heinz in a jar!

If I can't wrap it in foil and stick it in the oven, I am in trouble. I am not a good cook.

So not much you cook other than baked potatoes, eh? :rotfl2:

French toast and meatloaf

Never tried either.

Well, if you try to make them together that's a big problem..:lmao:

One word: EWWWWWW!

I can not bake chicken to save my life.

I don't know if it's me or my oven, but I could have totally thawed chicken breast and an oven turned up to 500 degrees, and it still takes over three hours for the chicken to cook through.

:confused3

Mom has that issue too. Usually if you used bone-in chicken. Usually works better if it's boneless.

I have issues with biscuits and gravy. Not a good thing for a Southern girl. The upside is that these things are very unhealthy so I don't need to eat them anyway.

I only make biscuits at work. Don't bother at home as I see too many of them at work. Never knew how to make them until then.

Gravy: can't do Grandma's method of pouring the flour into the pan of drippings and not having them come out lumpy as heck. Had to implement the way we made gravy at work one time: mix flour in a cup of water, add to drippings. Stir until thick. Add water if too thick. More flour if too runny. Season with salt and pepper.

Pancakes. DH just does them SO much better than I can!

My good friend is practically a gourmet cook, but the woman cannot cook rice to save her life! She doesn't admit that to many people, either. :snooty:

I also have trouble with mashed potatoes. Tried it a hundred times... I give up!!!

Grilled cheese. I have tried and tried but it's either perfect on one side and burnt on the other or not done enough.

Pie crust!! I once had a hissy fit & threw it on the floor, while screaming. When I looked up my parents were standing outside my door, thinking I was going crazy. Of course I was so embarrassed, I started crying.

Grilled cheese. I have tried and tried but it's either perfect on one side and burnt on the other or not done enough.

I use a sandwich maker.

But my french toast has that problem - burnt or not done. Wait, my meatloaf does too.

And I can't cook rice on the stove either - have to use the rice cooker.

I can do egg easy-over though! :thumbsup2

I can't fix bacon. It's either too floppy or well done. I like it perfectly crispy but not burnt.

I make a great grilled cheese though. My kids won't eat the crust and I swear that's the best part with the oozed out cheese and the crust crispy with butter. YYYYUUMMMMM...

DFiance and I have a problem with instant brown rice. It is cooked slightly differently than instant white. We are "ingrained" haha from cooking the white all those years. You don't just boil, add, lid, wait...it is so much more complicated.

Meatloaf. I have never in 30 years of married life made a meatloaf that was cooked all the way through and tasted good, and didn't have a yucky oily residue on top. I've tried about 5 times over the years, and gave up completely about 11 years ago.

Pancakes. I rarely make them and when I do they are like lead. Ok, so my thirteen year old will eat a whole stack............

I can't fix bacon. It's either too floppy or well done. I like it perfectly crispy but not burnt.

I make a great grilled cheese though. My kids won't eat the crust and I swear that's the best part with the oozed out cheese and the crust crispy with butter. YYYYUUMMMMM...

Put it on a cookie sheet, put in oven at 350 and let cook - check for doneness you like. All pieces same consistency AND you don't have to wait for some to cook before cooking the next few pieces. You can cook for everyone at once!

Eggs over easy. I don't really care for them that way so I never really learned to cook them. DH has to make them for himself and dd. I like the yolk hard cooked so I always get the one that breaks. ;)

I'm right there with you on the pie crust, Jenny. I just buy 'em, too.:thumbsup2 So much less frustrating.

I go 1 step further and buy the whole pie ;) I do bake it though :thumbsup2

Meatloaf. I have never in 30 years of married life made a meatloaf that was cooked all the way through and tasted good, and didn't have a yucky oily residue on top. I've tried about 5 times over the years, and gave up completely about 11 years ago.

Make mini meatloafs - use a scoop (I have 1 I use to make muffins) or just shape a handful of the meat mixture into the "meatloaf" shape. Each one is an individual serving so no cutting when done either. I also add shredded cheese to mine which I feel helps keep the meat moist instead of drying out.

I can't make brownies. They are either burnt or raw in the middle. :confused3

Well, I can make great homemade biscuits. And great meatloaf too. Pie crust I've only made a few time, and it was ok. I'm usually too lazy though, and buy it.

But, my rice is always sticky. My DH always laughs, I can never get it right. And one side of my grilled cheeses are usually done too much. And when I make one for DH, I usually burn one side. Maybe it's karma for laughing at my rice. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter