What silly thing do you look forward to the most when heading to the World?

Getting off the plane at MCO and realising I am back in sunny Florida. Having normal week as well working shifts it doesn't feel like you have a 7 day week just a long progression of days the shift pattern is 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off so its not like having a normal 5 day week with 2 days off every week.

We stay at the WL and always pat the bear in the totem pole in the lobby outside the merchantile. And we say hello and pat the brass beaver heads in the elevator. We take a picture of our DS next to the totem pole as a sort of height measurement through the years. He's taller than Humphrey!!

Maturity is completely overrated. Necessary sometimes, but over rated. Given the opportunity to abandon it, I will!

Turning on the TV and hearing Stacy say "Disney's must-do's"

For me, it is seeing the CMs waving at us with those Mickey Hands. They look so happy to see us, which makes me want to go hug one of them! It just fills me with excitement to know that another Disney day is beginning!

This is silly but I look forward to our room view, usually we get theme park view.

I love the feeling of maybe getting a little extra. Like a upgrade at the hotel or just a CM who went out of his way. I understand this might not happen on every trip, but thats what makes its special.:wizard:Tina

My first Moosehead in Canada and then sitting down and listening to Off Kilter

When we arrive at POP, the stroll to the building we are in. I love the music, and the smell. It makes me skip along the sidewalk. :rotfl2:
Can't help it. And if "Dancin' Machine" by the Jackson's is playing....OH WATCH out!!!!! :cool1:
Ok so I have never stayed at Pop when it wasn't Christmas (and they play Christmas music throughout the resort). Do they really play themed decade music in each section????

Getting off the plane and veering right into the bathroom. We all go into the bathrooms and freshen up. I always feel grungy after flying, so after freshening up (washing hands, redoing any makeup, brushing my hair, and spritzing on some perfume), rearranging our carry ons, we then head to Burger King in our concourse. I never eat meat...except my annual Whopper Jr and fries at this BK. It gives us 30 minutes of downtime, to recollect ourselves, to relax a bit after a crazy past 24 hours of packing and not sleeping ;) After we are all cleaned and nourished, we take the tram to the main terminal and head for ME all refreshed! Getting on that tram is like crack - I could do it daily!!! We love ME...even if we have to wait in line! All the happy people...it's amazing to surrounded by so much JOY!

Just so nice to start our vacation like that!!

Other favorite silly thing to look forward to is every first day we start at Animal Kingdom. We get there before opening and sit in the sun on the walls by RFC, and let the kids be kind of crazy. Just sitting in the sun, under palm trees, waiting for our first full day of vacation to begin...heaven!!!!!

I love walking under the train station onto Main Street on the way to 8:00 reservations at Crystal Palace on our first full day! :cloud9: That first view always makes me tear up just a little. :goodvibes We all sing along with the Welcome Medley and DH laughs while DS and I dance down the almost empty street to breakfast.

Not silly, but sentimental. Getting to MK bright and early and Peter Pan's Flight. It's always the first ride of any WDW trip. :)

I know this is silly, but my DH and I always repeat the monorail instructions in spanish which tell you to stand clear of the doors. And when I hear it I get emotional. I also LOVE when they say "Welcome home" when you arrive at check-in, it used to be only as DVC members now they all say it!

1. Love "WELCOME HOME"
2. mONORAIL ANNOUNCEMENT-ALTHOUGH THAT IS ALSO MY RINGTONE
3.MAIN STREET
4.COUNTDOWN TO DISNEY PROPERTY
MY FAV OF ALL TIME IS:
THE WATER BRIDGE OVER THE RAOD! I love going under the bridge while driving and going over the bridge in a boat on Seven Seas Lagoon. I just think that is so cool--just shows how it is all an illusion.

Clocking out at the end of the day and heading back home :rolleyes1

It used to be getting off the plane at MCO, boarding the airport monorail and riding past the palm trees to the main terminal to checck out the "EarPort". Then walking out to the ME buses and feeling the humidity of Florida. Once I felt the weather I knew I was practically @ WDW!

Now its making that turn onto Western Way and heading to the WDW arches. I still love the humidity which is pretty much 80% of the year. I miss the ME buses. But love living close enough to drive is our dream come true. :woohoo:

For me it doesn't really start until I get to Florida.. I fly - from upstate NY - and when I get off the airplane and get on the tram to go to where the baggage claims are, that's when it hits me.. When I look out the window and see those palm trees, my stomach does this little flip-flop - kinda like when you had your first crush and you would see your heart throb walking down the hall..:lovestruc LOL..

Silly, but that's what does it for me..:goodvibes

Driving under the Walt Disney World sign for the first time is the thing I probably miss the most. That feeling I get in my stomach when I see that sign approach and we wisk underneath it is like none other.

Far too many to name, but one is when we're standing outside Small World and a family member will say, "Is this haunted?" (We went to MNSSHP when I was much younger and I was afraid of anything that night, I actually remember saying this), and then when we're on the ride, multiple times throughout we'll say, "Are they going to throw those at us?" (On a trip before the MNSSHP trip, I was so young I can't remember saying this, but apparently I turned to my cosuin, a CM, and asked this about the people holding coconuts). Too funny.

~LilMissDisney

I love everything about it and get excited about everything there but a few silly things...

Walking up to Chef Mickey's.

Standing by the partners statue.

Mentally hearing the words on the sign 'Here you leave today and enter the world of...' as you head towards Main Street.

Seeing all the kids dressed up as Princesses, Princes, Pirates, etc. I don't have kids of my own (yet) and just love seeing their smiling faces.

Seeing the most unlikely guy you could think of wearing a pair of Mickey Ears

and finally...

The fact that just because you're so happy yourself, you can give a random 'isn't this fun' smile to a stranger and nearly always have it matched back at you.

The fact that just because you're so happy yourself, you can give a random 'isn't this fun' smile to a stranger and nearly always have it matched back at you.

This is great! What a lovely thought..:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter