What shouldn't we miss doing on our first cruise (4 day)?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I'd love to know the things you wished you had done on your very first cruise, but didn't because you ran out out of time or whatever the reason. What did you regret when you got home that you should have done? thanks.

The most important thing to do on your cruise is rebook another cruise. ;)

I regretted:

1) Going on excursion to Atlantis. It was a lot of walking and I'd much rather have stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool with less people onboard.

2) Not relaxing enough. I think I was so worried about missing things that I packed a bit too much into 4 days. Next time I would just relax more and not worry so much. Then again, I've done most there is to do now so I guess that's the catch.

No matter what you'll have a blast!

Things I will do next time:

- Order early morning wakeup coffee via room service every day.

- Skip breakfast on CC day so as to be able to indulge at Cookie's BBQ. ;)

- Relax at Serenity Bay :smooth:

I was determined not to do on the 7 day cruise to do what I tend to do on Disney land vacations - commando tour!

With that in mind, I read a couple of good books while on deck four in a comfy chair!:cloud9:

I am so happy I read this post! I was trying to decide whether to stay on the ship or get off at Nassau-

we were also planning on doing the Atlantis walking tour.
We won't be doing that now.

If you have kids that like to see large aquariums, it may be worth it from what we have been told by others. Take the sea taxi there and a regular taxi back.

Just a few suggestions:

1) Relax - it is supposed to be a vacation. Just like at WDW - you won't be able to do everything the first time (plus you need a reason to book another cruise as suggested by others).

2) We did not get off in Nassau on the first one except for some quick pics of the ship, we did get off in Nassau on the second cruise. If you like to shop and are looking for nice jewelry, probably worth getting off the ship. Otherwise, next time, we'll stay on board - enjoyed that a lot the first time.

3) Highly recommend cabana massage on Castway Cay - either by yourself or couples. Also highly recommend some time in a hammock there if you can - with the required Konk Kooler in hand of course.

4) Dinner at Animator's Palette - don't skip this night particularly if you have kids.

5) Shows in the Walt Disney Theatre - 'nuf said

6) Relax with a stroll around the deck - did this on the second cruise and saw all sorts of things I never saw the first time.

Enjoy!

Ok here are our regrets & roccommendations!!

Order cookies & milk from room service everynight!! We did this on the last night & wished we had done it every night! (we are 2 adults!!!)

don't bother getting off in Nassau- I wish we had stayed on the ship- the shopping wasn't as great as they said it would be.

drag a beach chair into the carribean & LAY there on CC!!! It was AMAZING!!

Don't get too involved with your seating mates at dinner the night of Animators Palate- I feel we missed out a bit for trying to keep up with conversation.

Palo is a MUST, get the chocolate souffle!!

See the shows! They are great!

Check out the gift shop before you shop in Nassau, we found some better prices on the ship!

Relax, Rebook, & don't worry about what you missed you'll be going back soon!:D

My BIG regret: not rebooking while onboard :(

We thought we'd never cruise DCL again (cuz hubby is sick to death of WDW, and FL is a $$$ airplane ride from CA), so we didn't rebook.

Tha was last Nov. Well, gee, guess what?? We're now booked on a 4 night this Nov, and the 14 night repo cruise Aug 2005 ... if we'd at least rebooked the Nov 2004 cruise when we were onboard we would've been better off :rolleyes:

So yeah, I might not know WHEN we'll sail DCL again, but I'm rebooking onboard this time!!!!!!

Enjoy the ship and don't get off at Nassau. We did NOT get off the Wonder except at CC.
fing32.gif

P.S. Make sure you order Mickey ice cream bars from room service.We did every night.

My DW and I have to agree with bostonlass. We wish we had stayed on board ship and spent more relaxing time together. Thankfully we will be cruising the Wonder this October and we will not be rushing around like our first 2 cruises. We’re just going to relax and enjoy the magical Disney Wonder.

Thanks again everyone!

What's a konk cooler??

To the ones that are suggesting to stay on the ship at Nassau. We have never been to the Caribbean before...will it feel weird to be AT the Caribbean and not step off the ship, just for CC? I mean, with the 7 day, you get to stop at other islands. With the 4 day, its only Nassau and CC. So will we be missing out being stuck on the ship the whole time? I really have no clue here. I guess I'm thinking we're having a whole day at sea the day after CC...will we get sick of just staying on board? Thanks.

We got off in Nassau. We didn't do a shore excursion as we're not into a lot of that stuff. We don't really do tours either so shore excursions weren't for us. About the only thing we would have thought about was a beach- but you get that on CC- & it's SO much better!! It's only used 3x a week & cleaned thouroghly after we leave it- there are ONLY DCL people there! It's so perfect! We regret not spending more time on the ship! We did the shopping in Nassau & it wasn't great- people were really pushy- & that's coming from a NYer. The prices weren't as great as we thought they would be either. & we actually found better prices for some things on the ship! So watch out! Stay on the ship- YOU'LL LOVE IT!! Plus, it will be less crowded that day because a lot of people do get off!! Have fun!!

ok thanks! It sounds like the consensus is to stay on the ship that day. Thats fine with me. Ever since I mentioned to my DH about your view of Atlantis while at Palo, he loved that idea. I do have a question...on the Wonder, can we book Palo for lunch instead? shoot, I can't remember if yours was lunch or dinner? doh! I kind of want to stay with the kids for dinner each night, so lunch would be nice.

We're going on our 1st 4 day Wonder cruise in about 2 weeks. We're getting off in Nassau and we're going to do everything we can do - because we can relax when we're dead. Got too much to see and do in this big world to sit anything out. We're spending 6 days in WDW and then 4 onboard and then 3 more in Cocoa Beach. I'll relax on the plane home- maybe- unless there is something interesting going on to do or see!!

We NEVER relax- even when we are in WDW for 2 weeks we still wake up early to do everything we've already done a million times! I felt the same way about the cruise- I wanted to do everything. But after laying on the beach in CC- thats all I need. I can't do THAT when I'm dead!!! Had I been impressed with anything in Nassau maybe I'd feel different. But hey, you don't have to relax onboard there is SOOOOO much to do- that you've ALREADY paid for! I'm not sure about Palo lunch on the Wonder- we did dinner- at 8:30, it was dark & the Altantis was all lit up like a castle! It was a nice view of atlantis during the day too though! Have a great time!!

A Conk Cooler is a wonderful mixed drink that they serve at CC. Sorry, I don't know what is in it but it is wonderful.

This past April was our first cruise ever, and I am glad to have gotten off and explored Nassau, but only just to say that I have been there. Next time I will definately stay on the ship and enjoy all the things onboard.

Also, if you want to cruise DCL again in the near future, book onboard and get the incentives.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter