What should we expect durng EPCOT food and wine festival?

PoppyAnna

DIS Veteran
We are visiting during the food and wine festival and don't know what to expect. The festival is not the purpose of our trip just a coincidence. Is it all bookable events or will we see evidence of the festival all over EPCOT ? we love visiting at flower and garden time as we did earlier this year.

That's great you are getting to experience Epcot's Food & Wine Festival! You will notice a lot of changes around the World Showcase supporting the festival. Some of the same places where garden and playground experiences were set up, you will find play areas and interactive experiences (from wine pairing seminars to how to make beer to food preparations).

There are also reservation-based meals and experiences (available to book via 407-WDISNEY) as well as first-come, first-served educational experiences that will be listed in booklets available throughout the property. I've attended most of the free events and haven't really been disappointed by any of them. They've been very informational/educational and a great way to interact with people all over the world.

Also, on a side note, Epcot will be turning 25 on October 1st, so you may get to experience some fun events for that occasion as well! I hope you enjoy your trip!!

You will definitely know the Festival is going on. There will be additional booths all over World Showcase for different countries and their food and wine (and beer in some cases) that you can sample.

In comparision to the Flower and Garden Festival, there will be paid special things you can go to and there will be free events you can go to. But, unlike the Flower and Garden Festival, all the offerings at the booths around World Showcase offer their samples for a price. You don't have to pay but just enjoy.

Both Festivals are well worth at least one afternoon at Epcot's World Showcase.

The crowds were a bit busier but not terrible and you will have trouble getting into restaurants without advanced reservations.

From what I understand the Flower and Garden festival will be going on when we get there March. That is just beautiful displays right?

There are many special ticket events such as Saturday night Party for the Senses which is like a giant cocktail party with entertainers from Cirque de Soleil. There are lunches and wine pairings and lectures etc. These are all listed here on the DIS and at allearsnet.com. They need to be booked in advance at 407 WDW-FEST
There are some free lectures as well. There are also many additional booths around World Showcase Lagoon where you can buy appetizer size portions of international foods, wines and beers. It is very popular with locals, so you are better visiting on a weekday, not the weekend.
There is also a concert series "Eat to the Beat Series" which is free and is similar to the concerts held during the Flower and Garden festival. Individuals from the past put on 3 approximately 30 minute shows each evening.
It is really a lot of fun, we love it and plan our trips for this time of year.

We are going to EPCOT just on a day trip on September 29th, the first Saturday of the Food and Wine festival. We are planning on doing Future World and a few things in World Showcase. Do you think the crowds will be too bad. We will be there at 9:00 and probably leave around 6:00 pm.

You'll see it because you won't be able to enjoy World Showcase after 5 p.m., especially on Thu - Sun nights, because it will be jammed full of locals wearing dressy attire waiting in hour long lines for overpriced plastic shotglasses of mediocre food.

Not a fan. Everyone else seems to live for Food & Wine, we stay FAR far away, and I love sampling food from other countries! But I expect it to be good, and not ridiculously expensive, and I sure as heck don't want to wait in line after line for it.

We are going to EPCOT just on a day trip on September 29th, the first Saturday of the Food and Wine festival. We are planning on doing Future World and a few things in World Showcase. Do you think the crowds will be too bad. We will be there at 9:00 and probably leave around 6:00 pm.

You'll be fine. Or, if you really want to avoid Food & Wine crowding, I suggest you do what you want to do in World Showcase between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., and finish up Future World from 3 to 7 p.m.

We go the end of Oct every year. Sat seems to be the worst day as far as crowds. Not difficult though.

We arrive on 10-10-07 and can't wait to experience the Food and Wine Festival. Hubby and I are big wine tasters, so I hope to have a wonderful time. I always wondered why Epcot World did not have more wine ( and cheese shops)....especially in USA. They have great wines made in the USA that could be showcased.

You'll see it because you won't be able to enjoy World Showcase after 5 p.m., especially on Thu - Sun nights, because it will be jammed full of locals wearing dressy attire waiting in hour long lines for overpriced plastic shotglasses of mediocre food.

Not a fan. Everyone else seems to live for Food & Wine, we stay FAR far away, and I love sampling food from other countries! But I expect it to be good, and not ridiculously expensive, and I sure as heck don't want to wait in line after line for it.

Are the drinks really shotglass size? Are they like little 4oz cups?

Each booth will have different sized drinks. The champagne booth serves basically full-sized flutes with a truffle to boot. Some of the wine trails will have the 4oz tasting glasses and others will offer something more or less. You can almost always gauge the serving size by what the people in front of you are buying and walking away with. If it isn't busy, then you can just the people in the booth about the serving size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter