• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What should we do at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween?

jpan

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I will be taking our first trip to Disney together. We have both been in the past separately before we met each other, but again a lot has changed at Disney since we last went. We got event tickets (along with our regular park admission) to Mickey's Boo To You Halloween party.

My question is, what are the main events we should hit up at this party?

Absolute must do's:

• The special MNSSHP show on stage in front of the castle.
  • Hallowishes
  • The Boo to You parade

Honorable mentions:
  • "Magic" Photo at exit of Haunted Mansion by the stage coach (Look at the drivers seat when as the photo is taken. Many times we've had the photographers tell us to look elsewhere and it ruined the point of the photo)
  • Do a little trick or treating
  • Maybe some unique meet and greets?

Dan

My girlfriend and I will be taking our first trip to Disney together. We have both been in the past separately before we met each other, but again a lot has changed at Disney since we last went. We got event tickets (along with our regular park admission) to Mickey's Boo To You Halloween party.

My question is, what are the main events we should hit up at this party?
I've been twice to the MNSSHP and the first times we were so excited not to have long lines that we spent much of the night riding the attractions. But we missed many of the special things that only occur during the party such as the dance parties, special meet and greets, etc.
The next time, we planned ahead of time what special party-only things we wanted to do and had a blast! After the last parade, as everyone else was running toward the exit - we were running toward some of our favorite attractions! We were able to ride all our big ticket attractions within that last hour and we even rode Splash Mountain several times in a row as the only riders on the entire ride! So do the party stuff first and don't run out after the fireworks! You can get so much done at the end of the night as the crowds really thin out.

If you like character meet/greets the two with the longest wait times are all of the 7 Dwarfs near the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train and Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas near Dumbo. If this is important to you, line up around 4:30 or 5 pm to get them first. You will have to wait but will not waste party time. If not, ride what you want, trick or treat, and enjoy the other characters. Make sure you see "Celebrate the Magic" which is the light show projected on the castle at 10:00 and the Hallowishes fireworks show at 10:15. I would line up for this about 9:40 and don't stand behind someone with a small kid or an iPad that will block your view. Don't get too close to the castle, the best place is in-between the Plaza restaurant and Casey's Corner. Try to see the later Halloween parade later and save your trick-or-treating for after the second parade. A great planning tool that we use is the following website:http://www.kennythepirate.com/2011/12/11/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-show-schedule/ Above all, HAVE FUN, You're at Disney World! We are going in three weeks and cannot wait.

I think meeting Jack and Sally is worthwhile. We did it when we went to the party and it is a great interaction and the only time you can do it (aside from just meeting Jack as Sandy Claws at the christmas party). The 7 dwarves are also a nice picture, but if I had to pick, I'd do Jack and Sally. We did 7 Dwarves during the Christmas party. I also recommend getting there early and getting in line to meet Jack by 4:30...Jack came out early at the Christmas party and we were done by 5:30 probably as we were like the 3rd people in line. Aside from that, agree that the Boo To You Parade and Hallowishes are awesome! We also trick or treated a bit just for fun 8o). Also, If you want party merchandise I recommend getting it on your way in. You can get in the park at 4pm, and we went right to the Emporium and if you have a wrist band on they will let you buy the shirts. This saved us time later on since the lines weren't as long and depending on what party you go to, they can run out of things. So we get our shirts first thing and then wear them the rest of the night. Our party shirts are probably some of our most favorite souvenirs.

We rode some rides (especially Haunted Mansion), caught the fireworks and the parade (but missed the castle show, but I can't remember why), did some trick or treating, met Captain Jack, met the Princesses and the Princes (We were dressed as Rapunzel and Snow White, but I hear now the princes aren't there?)

And has anyone been able to buy from big top early? I got my eye on that dis pin :maleficen
I feel like im being thrown to tbe wolves with so much to do in a short timespan. I figure if we get a spot and watch entertainment from 930-to 12a that gives us 2 and a half hours. So little time!

Don't miss the Hocus Pocus show on the castle stage. If you've been before this is likely the only real change other than Jack & Sally.

Don't miss the Hocus Pocus show on the castle stage. If you've been before this is likely the only real change other than Jack & Sally.

Never been before! What will change with jack and sally or has changed? I saw they first appeared in 2013 so theyre still fairly new

Never been before! What will change with jack and sally or has changed? I saw they first appeared in 2013 so theyre still fairly new

Well, can tell it's late. I thought OP said they had been before to party but not together, and not in awhile. So I was thinking before Jack & Sally started......

I'm trying to remember if they moved Jack & Sally to Storybook Circus, I know Sandy Claws was back there. They are good about working past midnight if there is a line.

Lots of characters in their Halloween costume in Storybook Circus.

Cruella was back there by train station and line not bad, and we walked right up to the Hag by Hall of Presidents.

I've never seen Dwarfs come out early and the line is super long and they cut it off.

Jack Sparrow line used to always be super long but last couple years not as bad if you time it right.

By Haunted Mansion catch "Madame.." live on the lawn and the special Photopass ops with ghosts and CMs are in full makeup, they will take pictures with you

Watch for Cadaver Dans, singing quartet - awesome, they'll be in Frontierland. Actually good place to watch parade and they entertain while you wait.

Not to miss:
- Boo to You Parade
- Hocus Pocus Show, if you do midnight show you won't have used up party time
- Hallowishes and if you've never seen, from front of castle in hub

Definitely take a second to look at the exclusive merchandise if you think you'll be interested, there are also party exclusive popcorn buckets. Yeah can each get one of the party-only SMK cards, which are cute!

We loved the parade, and doing the photo and talking to the ghost out front....we had a fast pass for haunted mansion that ended at about 6:45 so we rode it then came out and the park was transformed! It is so much fun. The stage show was great, the fireworks amazing. We did not do any characters as nobody wanted to stand in line for hours. We did trick or treating, which was fastest (like three people on the path total) on the path between sideshow and Tomorrowland I think? Or it might have been Tomorrowland to Main Street, in any event later in the night there were no lines and we had way too much! Left a full bag for mousekeeping when we left.

After the castle show closest to the fireworks, we just stayed in place..we could NOT budge if we wanted as the crowds were insane. We did manage to back up a bit form the stage show so we could see the castle better.

It's so much fun, great atmosphere!

Is it worth doing the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom if you've never done it before, have no interest in meet and greets or trick or treating, and a short list of rides? Or just pick up the cards and save the actual game for a regular MK day?

The Headless Horseman! One of the coolest things I've ever seen at WDW. We were over by HOP when he galloped through Liberty Square.

Does anyone know if SoMK closes at 9 or is it open thru the whole party? Will they hand out the event cards at 4 upon entry?
Also, round about cost of specialty treats...$3ish? Thanks!

Things we love to do at the party
  • Boo to You Parade
  • Hallowishes
  • Halloween themed shows
  • Rids, rides, and more rides with short lines

Things we avoid at the party
  • Trick or Treating. This is seriously a HUGE waste of time and forces you to babysit your bag of candy all night
  • Characters. While some of the rare characters would be fun to meet, we do not consider them to be worth 2 hour waits.
  • Eating. There is too much interesting, unique, and downright fun things to do from 7-12 that you paid extra money for. Don't waste that time by paying even more money for something that you can do prior to the start of the party.

hi this is our first time going to the party too. My question is about costumes. I was thinking about buying a Disney adult costume and that way I can wear it for future Halloween events in and outside of Disney. I was wondering would a full costume be to hot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter