What should my second theme park be this trip?

rf53

Mouseketeer
Hello,

After a three year absence due to Covid and other things we are going back to Disney World in mid February. We are Florida residents so we have been to every theme park many times. The main reason for this trip is to experience the 50th anniversary theming before it goes away in March so we will definitely be visiting the Magic Kingdom. However, we have a two day ticket and we are trying to decide the other theme park to visit during our stay. We are considering either Epcot or Studios, but we would like to hear about your recent experiences at those parks. We have done all of the rides at both, to include Rise of the Resistance, so my question is based on the current quality of the experience. For example, the last time we went to Epcot (2020) there were construction walls everywhere which made for a less than appealing visit. In your opinion what theme park will offer a quality visit in mid February? Thanks!

Hello,

After a three year absence due to Covid and other things we are going back to Disney World in mid February. We are Florida residents so we have been to every theme park many times. The main reason for this trip is to experience the 50th anniversary theming before it goes away in March so we will definitely be visiting the Magic Kingdom. However, we have a two day ticket and we are trying to decide the other theme park to visit during our stay. We are considering either Epcot or Studios, but we would like to hear about your recent experiences at those parks. We have done all of the rides at both, to include Rise of the Resistance, so my question is based on the current quality of the experience. For example, the last time we went to Epcot (2020) there were construction walls everywhere which made for a less than appealing visit. In your opinion what theme park will offer a quality visit in mid February? Thanks!
We went in October. I rope dropped Hollywood Studios from Pop Century. I was able to ride all the Toy Story Land rides plus in line for MMRR before early entry was over and ToT and RNRC by 11. I had some other plans for the day, so stopped there, but really enjoyed the morning. Hollywood Studios is my favorite park, but I do like Epcot as well. They still have construction walls up just behind Spaceship Earth.
3668BD11-3901-4AD5-B49D-F498A4F7A02F.jpeg

Epcot also has the newest ride at Disney World right now, until Tron opens. Guardians of the Galaxy, located just to the right of Spaceship Earth in this picture. They use a virtual queue and individual lightning lane to access the ride. Plus Remys Ratatouille Adventure opened post pandemic.

First part of February, Epcot has the Festival of the Arts as well which can be fun to check out. Lots of great food items available.

I’d probably recommend Epcot just for the new rides and festival, but also, this will probably be your only chance to catch Harmonious as that nighttime show will be replaced in early April.

But can’t go wrong with Studios either! Rnrc will be closed for refurbishment, but otherwise, everything should be accessible. Enjoy your trip!

Guardians of the Galaxy is a must do if you’ve done everything else.
Looking forward to that. Since we are in a resort I will try to score a virtual queue first thing in the AM. Hopefully that won’t be too tough in mid February. If I don’t succeed I may have to go for an ILL, although I hear that they have offered a second shot at the virtual queue at 1pm. Is that still the case?

Yes, last I heard, still a 1 o’clock drop. If you’re a ride enthusiast, GOTG is well worth doing an ILL along with BG. Awesome ride!

Epcot’s front is still a mess with construction wall but they do have the left side finished. Guardians & Ratatouille would be new since Covid. If you have done all the HS rides I would skip it since it’s gets super crowded after about 2 hrs. Festival of the Arts time is nice at a Epcot.

Epcot’s front is still a mess with construction wall but they do have the left side finished. Guardians & Ratatouille would be new since Covid. If you have done all the HS rides I would skip it since it’s gets super crowded after about 2 hrs. Festival of the Arts time is nice at a Epcot.
It surprises me that the Epcot construction has been ongoing for at least three years. Despite that I think we will make Epcot our second park this visit. The new (to us) rides are worth it, and you are right about Studios, it always feels crowded.

We had planned a quick trip to only visit Magic Kingdom and even with the Florida resident rates the park tickets cost $164 per person! The day after we made the arrangements we received a flyer in the mail announcing a FL resident rate of $175 for two parks. We added a night to the resort and upgraded the tickets.

Surprisingly, with a little persistence we were able to snag a lunch reservation at BOG in MK. We have also made dinner reservations at the San Angel for the Epcot day… mas margaritas!

The Guardians ride is fantastic. But I think its pretty simple. if the construction walls are going to annoy you, got to HS. I have been to both parks in the past few months and had a great time at each

Hello,

Epcot, because the Festival of the Arts is happening now thru February 20.

Epcot, because the Festival of the Arts is happening now thru February 20.
Agreed. We have never been to the festival of the arts. We will also be taking advantage of the food booths, although after checking out the prices I can tell that like everything else in Disney the cost is through the roof. $20 for a beer and a sampler plate. Seriously? 😂

Agreed. We have never been to the festival of the arts. We will also be taking advantage of the food booths, although after checking out the prices I can tell that like everything else in Disney the cost is through the roof. $20 for a beer and a sampler plate. Seriously? 😂
Enjoy!

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/01/disney-execs-finally-see-park-conditions-zg1/

Check out this article, “Disney Execs Finally See “Insulting” Park Conditions”. It is dated 1/19/23 and it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of the current conditions at EPCOT. Is this accurate or exaggerated?

A quote from the article:

“…their visit to EPCOT only gave them a taste of what visiting the Parks has become for some Guests, the heaps of rubble and slogging construction, ride conditions, and other such sights that obstruct and obscure Disney’s typical gift of immersion.”

Last edited:
https://insidethemagic.net/2023/01/disney-execs-finally-see-park-conditions-zg1/

Check out this article, “Disney Execs Finally See “Insulting” Park Conditions”. It is dated 1/19/23 and it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of the current conditions at EPCOT. Is this accurate or exaggerated?

A quote from the article:

“…their visit to EPCOT only gave them a taste of what visiting the Parks has become for some Guests, the heaps of rubble and slogging construction, ride conditions, and other such sights that obstruct and obscure Disney’s typical gift of immersion.”
Inside the magic operates on sensationalism type journalism. While some of the info may be sort of accurate, you kinda have to take their "reporting" with a grain of salt.

I'd echo what others have said. If you want 50th experiences, Harmonius (despite barges) and the points of light on Spaceship Earth are both great additions. It is also technically EPCOT's 40th celebration. Festival of the Arts is the one festival I haven't been to but it always looks like a great time.

Don't know the history of that particular website, but the article posted above reads more like an opinion piece then anything factual. They reported that 2 Disney execs were seen at the park, but the rest just sounds like the author used that as an opportunity to add his opinions on what they might have seen or concluded from their visit. Short on facts but long on opinion/speculation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter