What should I request at AKL?

soar2014

Looking at sanity in the rear view mirror
I'm looking at the room requests page in the online check in and I have several options. I am staying at Kidani in a one room villa. We have a savannah view room purchased. Our needs are only two; savannah view and quick exit/entrance. Should I request closest to the lobby or the elevator? I've never been to AKL or Kidani so I don't know the locations of bus/lobby/elevator/pool. One would assume that the lobby would be most central but I never assume when it comes to WDW. Also, should I request top floor?

There are two different Savannah' at Kidani. One has Giraffes the other doesn't. So you should make sure you know which one you want. I believe Sunset is the main savannah with the giraffes. If you have a car and intend to use it, where you stay won't matter as much (except for view). When we stay at Kidani we generally drive to the parks so having a room near an elevator (there are many) is the best option. Asking for rooms close to the lobby is the most requested request so least likely to be fulfilled. But the busses and the giftshop/soda machines are located at the lobby entrance so it has it benefits. The pool is located to the left of the lobby, I believe near the Rafiki section.

Okay, so if we wanted to be close to the elevator and close to the pool with a view of giraffes, where would we request? Pembe or Sunset?

Okay, so if we wanted to be close to the elevator and close to the pool with a view of giraffes, where would we request? Pembe or Sunset?
There are no Giraffes on Pembe (the Pembe barn isn't tall enough for them) so definitely chose Sunset Savanna view if you want to see Giraffes.

Aargh! Long story short, I am now in a savannah view room at Jambo,,,now one of options is kudu trail,,,what is that?

I just stayed at Kudu Trail room last week! The giraffes are predominantly on the Arusha side, but at about 10 AM every morning they let all of the giraffes into Kudu, so we saw them fairly frequently. We also saw antelopes, wildebeest, warthogs, and zebras from our room every morning, in addition to the occasional ostrich. We were very happy with our room because we had paid for a standard (couldn't afford savannah) but still had an incredible view. Sorry, don't have any pictures on this computer! I would definitely request close to the lobby though. I didn't put down anything when I did online check-in because when we booked the reservation the CM put a note on our account that said we were honeymooning and wanted a nice savannah view from a standard room. So I was afraid to check "close to lobby" or anything and end up with a parking lot view. We were in room 3382, and it was about as far away as you could get from the lobby. I really can't complain though, like I said, I didn't request to be close to the lobby!

I just stayed at Kudu Trail room last week! The giraffes are predominantly on the Arusha side, but at about 10 AM every morning they let all of the giraffes into Kudu, so we saw them fairly frequently. We also saw antelopes, wildebeest, warthogs, and zebras from our room every morning, in addition to the occasional ostrich. ...
To clarify a bit - Jambo house has 4 hallways, 2 towards the front and 2 radiating away from the lobby encircling Arusha Savanna. As you face Arusha savanna the hallway to your left is Kudu trail and half of the rooms face the Sunset Savanna (which is the large Savanna between Kidani and Jambo - and has Ostriches) and half of the rooms face Arusha Savanna (the middle Savanna.) The hallway to the right is called Zebra trail and half of those rooms also face Arusha Savanna the other rooms either face the pool or Uzima Savanna. Zebra trail rooms are closest to the pool and the quick service restaurant - Mara.
Uzima, Arusha and Sunset Savannas all have giraffes.
Here's a link to a map http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter