What should I expect to spend on my KTTW Card?

JoeFixes

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me their experiences (both good & bad), with the amount of money they spent on their shipboard credit card.

I have many questions. We will be a family of 5, and I would like to know how allowing the kids to have charging privileges or not to have them affects the balance at the end of the week.

Do they allow you to pay your balance at the end of each day, so not to have price shock on your last day?

What have your balances been and how much should I bring with me to allow for enough for all to have fun?

Thanks.............20 days and counting!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

well, we just got back today, and our grand total for a family of 4 was...a little under 2500. That incldes shore excrusions, drinks, toys for the kids, liquor, the spa, spa products ( i think the spa total was 600something), and bingo. We went a little overboard with the spa but it was vacation. I think bingo was about 250.

Oh yeah you can put down money when you want and they can check your balance too

azreial or anyone; are you able to put shore excrusions on your shipboard credit card or is that something you pay for outside the ship?
Never been on a Cruise before so I didn't know how this worked.
:confused:

The excursions were automatically put on ours.

We really didn't put too much on our cards. One excursion, t-shirts (3), sweatshirt, 1 mug, a few drinks at dinner and the theather, beer mug, a $10 arcade card, a few pictures from shutters and a few items at CC. I'd say we charged about $400
for the 3 of us. I think they will automatically actually run your credit card everytime your total reaches a certain amount. I want to say it was $200 or$250. We did our tips in cash.

Have fun!

Our tab for the week for 4 was $2300. That included everything. Shore excursions, tips, drinks, souvenirs and lots of spa visits and spa products.

The kids (10 & 11) had charging priviledges and we told them one arcade card a day each ($10). They also charged a few things at the gift shop, but not much. They are quite responsible. I, on the other hand, spent way too much time at the spa - don't regret a single minute or $$ though. It was wonderful :-)

I've read people only spending $700 or less. The absolute must to budget for is tips. There is a website (can't remember it) that gives the tip rates. If you have small children, the shore excursions are really missable. Staying on the ship is great on shore days because it isn't nearly so crowded.

Can't wait to get back on the Magic :-)

Kate

We spent about $1000 including tips for three of us, and we did not scrimp. We had no DCL excursions though, did KW & COZ on the fly (spent about $50-$75 in each of those ports) and splurged on a catarmaran cruise in GC which cost $185 (included lunch & beverages). I'd guess that once I factor in shopping too, my total for the 7 days was about $1500.

They do charge your card each time it reaches the $200 or $250 level. I went down to Guest Services the last night and switched my credit card to my debit card since I wanted to pay everything with "real" money. I did not originally give the debit card # bc they do put a hold on it (not sure how much), and I did not want my bank account tied up all week. I know that people do check it more often than that and DCL has no problem with it.

I did give my DD charging privileges - but she is only 8 and she was always either with us or in the Lab so there was no question of her going overboard with it. (bad pun, sorry) We bought her a $20 arcade card, and LOL it was DH who used it mainly!

azreail, how much do Bingo cards cost? I saw this on the navigators on Barb's site and I like Bingo, but not that much--I hope you at least won a jackpot?:D
Robin M.

We have Disney dollars left over from our trip to WDW last summer and now that we're planning a Cruise for next year, I'd like to save disney dollars for that.
On DCL, will they automatically charge your credit card once it reaches a certain amount or am I able to pay the balance with disney dollars. I like the idea of putting all your purchases on an onboard credit so you know exactly what was spent where.

We gave ours charging privilidges. My son is very giving and went w\his aunt to charge a bunch of don't-need gifts for the family. I returned with him to Mickey's Mates and traded higher-priced items for pins and such. The CM seemed to understand. We had planned for their spending so at Christmas we gave Disney Dollars. He went to guest services and paid toward 'his' bill. This softened the charges at the end of the trip. It also taught a valuable lesson to one little guy. Our charges were under $1000.00. We wanted the tips seperate so we paid them a day ahead of time. We usually use the AMEX to 'hold' and have them charge partial to the Debit card. Guest services is really wonderful to work with. My advice... don't wait until the last night to straighten it all out. You might end up with a few little surprises you're not ready for (especially with multiple cards out there).

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter