What should I do?

FoxwithEars

Mouseketeer
Hey all, I have a trip in the end of August to WDW and going with the Dining plan for the first time. When I was going to make reservations online, I saw that most of the places I wanted to go to were only available at 8-9 PM. My family is accustomed to eating dinner around 5-6. Is there any possible solutions to this problem? Thankss

When are you going and where are you trying to eat?

Keep trying! People cancel all the time. There is an August cancelled thread somewhere on here, maybe watch that thread and keep trying! I got a Le Cellier reservation during Free Dining that wasn't available when I booked, so it is possible :)

It's up to you which is more important to you, the time you eat or eating where you want. Either way I would book reservations, for the later times, or for restaurants with the availablility you are looking for, just to have something. You can always change it if what you want opens up.

Can you try for a little earlier? 4-5? I was able to get things I wanted that way last trip. Then I have room for a little snack during fireworks. :goodvibes

You are very late booking ADR's for August. As you are learning most of the popular restaurants book up 5 - 6 months in advance. As others have suggested you can either keep trying and hope for a cancellation or try for a different time.
However, I would reassess whether you want to keep the DDP. Unless you are able to book suitable ADR's prior to your trip, you will be paying for TS credits that you will not be able to use.
Good Luck

I wouldn't start overly worrying about it until a couple of weeks before your trip. Pass a list of what you need around to family members who can help and all of you pop online as often as you can and check, hopefully a couple of times a day. When somebody sees something tell them to book it right then. ADRs open up all the time. Just look at this board - there's people getting Le Cellier for mid summer right now.

Hey all, I have a trip in the end of August to WDW and going with the Dining plan for the first time. When I was going to make reservations online, I saw that most of the places I wanted to go to were only available at 8-9 PM. My family is accustomed to eating dinner around 5-6. Is there any possible solutions to this problem? Thankss

If possible from here on out, especially 45 days out and the week before your trip check constantly online for cancellations. About a week before our trip last year i got an earlier Chef Mickey for our arrival day (tried for weeks and finally fell upon an early dinner 5:00 and also Disney had added a bunch of early dinner times during the last week before our vacation.

thanks for the advice guys! I shall keep on checking. My second question was, what are my chances getting into a restaurant without a reservation? Because last time I went to Chef Mickey's and Planet Hollywood, our party had no reservations and was able to eat there. (This was during 4th of July weekend)

Try making your TS meals during lunch instead of dinner. You may be more likely to get the restaurants that you want. Usually the menus are pretty close to the same.

thanks for the advice guys! I shall keep on checking. My second question was, what are my chances getting into a restaurant without a reservation? Because last time I went to Chef Mickey's and Planet Hollywood, our party had no reservations and was able to eat there. (This was during 4th of July weekend)

With Free Dining your chances of walking into a restaurant without an ADR is slim. Not saying it isn't possible...but I definately wouldn't plan on it. I agree with the other PP's...keep trying online.:surfweb:.things so open up all the time. You also might want to keep an eye on the "August ADR cancelation" thread on the dining reservations board.

Even if your first choices are not available, there are plenty of good places to eat. Some may be a little more out of the way. But very good.
Also agree that chances are slim to none during free dining. But you can always try...

I would definately book the later meals so I had something in case it doesn't work out for the times you're hoping for.

You can always try for the earliest possible dinner or latest possible lunch - that would be in the 2:30 - 4:30 time range. Maybe you'd have better luck with that.

And if not, say you get all your ressies for 8ish pm, once you're on your trip you can always call the day before or that morning to see if they have any availabilty. And if not, again, you could try showing up 90 minutes early to see if they could seat you, if not go on an attraction & return to try again.

Once we were there around 4th of July time, we were so tired from running we cancelled our ressie near the MK. We were staying at the Swan so we tried to get something over at Epcot & there was absolutely nothing we would have liked. Fortunately, we were able to have a meal at the Swan resturant (with Goofy & Pluto too :)) So I wouldn't leave without at least something, just to play it safe.

Here's some pixie dust for good luck pixiedust:

I would take a look at some of the other restaurants and find some that have openings during the time you like to eat. Then keep checking back for openings at your first choices.

Disney travel packages, like Free Dining, need to be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival. I think there's at least small percentage of people who cancel their trips at that point, so that's the timeframe I'd really search intently for the ADRs I wanted.

You can always try to do walk-ups when they don't take you out of your way. I'm pretty sure Planet Hollywood is easy to get into without an ADR, but Chef Mickey's, not so much.

Definitely keep trying! For now, I'd go ahead and book what you can, even if it's for lunch or a late dinner. If you happen to find an opening at a time/place you wanted originally then book it and cancel your other booking. We're booked for the end of Sept and changed our dates. I was scrambling to get Adr's. I've had quite a bit of luck though the past week by checking the website quite often! I got Le Cellier, Chef Mickeys and 'Ohana...so don't give up!!

have you tried the new online booking at the disney site? I played with it and it lists everywhere that has availability for your requested time

might help

the other thing that often works is being there right when the restaurant opens for dinner

good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter