What should be my next step in upgrading ticket?

swashy

Earning My Ears
Activated my 5 day ticket ticket from UT today at Epcot. Went to customer service to upgrade and they couldn't bridge it, even with help from the trainer. Said I would take the ticket back. They couldn't give me my original ticket back but Instead issued me a new hard plastic one in its place. What should be my next move be and where should I go to do it?

Activated my 5 day ticket ticket from UT today at Epcot.

1- Went to customer service to upgrade and they couldn't bridge it, even with help from the trainer.

2- Said I would take the ticket back.

3- They couldn't give me my original ticket back but Instead issued me a new hard plastic one in its place.

4- What should be my next move be and where should I go to do it?

1- You mean "Guest Relations."
2- Good!
3- That's fine.
4- Take it to any other ticket booth or guest relations at any park, TTC or DTD.
You'll be OK. You just need a bit of luck.

>> Where are you staying and where are you headed tomorrow?
>> In what WAY are you upgrading your ticket?

This is the same thing my brother did this past week. I had insisted they would bridge his UT ticket and three different cast members told him they don't do that after the new price change. They did for me in June?!?! I'm interested to see what happens because this seems to be something they may be changing.
They ended up doing his but made him fill out paperwork like a complimentary ticket or something. In June they just took my UT ticket, made a bridge ticket for the Disney price and then gave me my new one with more days added. Not the case with my brother...
Good luck!

I'm interested to see what happens because this seems to be something they may be changing.

Nope.
Just cases involving ill-trained uninformed (and confused) CM's.

Many reports of ticket upgrades going well since the price change.

I've been thinking - could you do an "end run" around this problem by (if you haven't already) upgrading to a Park Hopper first? I mean the PH upgrade is a specific posted price right? I haven't read the small print but once they upgrade you to that I think your ticket would automatically bridge the price difference to add the PH - then you could easily do the next bridge 'up' (for more days to an AP or whatever).

I know that's assuming you'd like to have PH - I've been kind of pondering this tactic for us since we'll be going from a 2 day basic ticket (previously purchased) to an AP.

thoughts?

I've been thinking - could you do an "end run" around this problem by (if you haven't already) upgrading to a Park Hopper first? I mean the PH upgrade is a specific posted price right? I haven't read the small print but once they upgrade you to that I think your ticket would automatically bridge the price difference to add the PH - then you could easily do the next bridge 'up' (for more days to an AP or whatever).

I know that's assuming you'd like to have PH - I've been kind of pondering this tactic for us since we'll be going from a 2 day basic ticket (previously purchased) to an AP.

thoughts?

ANY upgrade would need the price-bridging.
Hopper or added days, or Water Parks, AP, etc.

The bridge brings the older and/or discounted ticket up to the current rate for ANY
kind of upgrade. (That's the point of the bridge.)

I am so nervous and upset about these reports. This could ruin our vacation because we simply cannot afford to upgrade our tickets from the wholesale price UT paid for our 5 day tix to the 10 day gate price. And, i wont know until we are actually there which is very stressful. I wish I had just purchased what I needed rather than buying the best deal and assuming I could upgrade easily.

I am so nervous and upset about these reports. This could ruin our vacation because we simply cannot afford to upgrade our tickets from the wholesale price UT paid for our 5 day tix to the 10 day gate price. And, i wont know until we are actually there which is very stressful. I wish I had just purchased what I needed rather than buying the best deal and assuming I could upgrade easily.

First, you will be able to bridge, even if the first CM you deal with says they can't do it.
Second, even if you couldn't, the difference would only be between gate price and what YOU paid - not what UT paid. That would be a maximum of $30 or so (assuming you bought them before the last increase). Hopefully $30 isn't enough to ruin a multi-thousand dollar trip.
But - again - it's not going to happen, so breathe!

First, you will be able to bridge, even if the first CM you deal with says they can't do it.
Second, even if you couldn't, the difference would only be between gate price and what YOU paid - not what UT paid. That would be a maximum of $30 or so (assuming you bought them before the last increase). Hopefully $30 isn't enough to ruin a multi-thousand dollar trip.
But - again - it's not going to happen, so breathe!

First, from reports it is clear that it quite possible to be unable to get your ticket prices bridged. Plus, it is a gigantic hassle to wait in line multiple times to get it accomplished. I find the idea stressful and off-putting and my vacation time is too valuable for this crap.

Second, I have read reports that UCT wholesale price were coded into the tix, not what I paid. This may be incorrect, I don't know, but I have read this. So, I have no idea what the actual damage is. But, I have done the math with the price I paid UCT and, yes, 150 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY dollars wasted leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. That is one less meal we will be having.

I am mostly angry with myself for not buying the tix I needed from the beginning. So I cop to being dramatic, LOL, the ruination is more mental than financial, but the feeling is there nonetheless. :)

I've had luck with upgrades at Town Hall in the MK and I know others have too. Just keep trying, you'll get someone who knows what to do sooner or later.

First, from reports it is clear that it quite possible to be unable to get your ticket prices bridged. Plus, it is a gigantic hassle to wait in line multiple times to get it accomplished. I find the idea stressful and off-putting and my vacation time is too valuable for this crap.

Second, I have read reports that UCT wholesale price were coded into the tix, not what I paid. This may be incorrect, I don't know, but I have read this. So, I have no idea what the actual damage is. But, I have done the math with the price I paid UCT and, yes, 150 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY dollars wasted leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. That is one less meal we will be having.

I am mostly angry with myself for not buying the tix I needed from the beginning. So I cop to being dramatic, LOL, the ruination is more mental than financial, but the feeling is there nonetheless. :)

Maybe you are upset with yourself, but your ire seems directed at the person you quoted. Very harsh.
And it is not 150 unnecessary dollars, it MIGHT be the cost of the ticket you state you should have bought to begin with.
My advice is to try and relax. You are totally stressing over something that most people tell you will not even happen.
Have an Great Trip.

swashy said:
I am staying at pop century and was planning on Hollywood studios for rope drop.

Unless you are trying to upgrade to an AP, you can try the ticket upgrade at your resort's Concierge desk in the lobby.

Otherwise, try at DHS Guest Relations outside the park or inside the park. At DHS, it's really the same location... they're connected. (See #9 on the map below)
Try either before you go into the park today, or later, when you are ready to take a break from riding.

DHS-Gate-TSM-BE_052113_zpseb4e2214.jpg

Second, even if you couldn't, the difference would only be between gate price and what YOU paid - not what UT paid.

Sorry, but that's not correct.
The Disney CM has no way of knowing what a GUEST has paid UT.
(That info is known only to the guest and UT.)

The Disney CM can only see (on the computer) what UT paid Disney for the ticket.

That's one of the principle reasons that they need to price bridge a discounted ticket.
Otherwise the guest gets doubly penalized for buying/using a discounted ticket, then wanting to upgrade.

1- First, from reports it is clear that it quite possible to be unable to get your ticket prices bridged.

2- Plus, it is a gigantic hassle to wait in line multiple times to get it accomplished.

3- I find the idea stressful and off-putting and my vacation time is too valuable for this crap.

4- Second, I have read reports that UCT wholesale price were coded into the tix, not what I paid. This may be incorrect, I don't know, but I have read this. So, I have no idea what the actual damage is.

5- But, I have done the math with the price I paid UCT and, yes, 150 COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY dollars wasted leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. That is one less meal we will be having.

6- I am mostly angry with myself for not buying the tix I needed from the beginning. So I cop to being dramatic, LOL, the ruination is more mental than financial, but the feeling is there nonetheless. :)

1- That's not the case. Price bridging of authorized discounted tickets is still available.
2- Anything is possible. It's also possible to breeze through an upgrade on the first try. Many guests find that to be the case.
3- That's certainly your decision.
4- That's correct.
5- See #1 above.
6- See #3 above.

If you discover that you overpaid for your upgrade, or if you elected to pay the asking price at the ticket booth tos ave time, you can after you return home, write via snail mail to request a refund of the overcharge. Just be sure to keep all the receipts and paperwork (and the final tickets themselves).

You do need to specify the dollar amount in question, which should be easy as the correct dollar amount is the difference in Disney's posted/published price between the kind of ticket you bought originally and the kind of ticket you ended up with, as of the day you upgraded. Don't forget to figure in the 6.5% sales tax on the dollar-difference.

If you discover that you overpaid for your upgrade, or if you elected to pay the asking price at the ticket booth tos ave time, you can after you return home, write via snail mail to request a refund of the overcharge. Just be sure to keep all the receipts and paperwork (and the final tickets themselves).

Ditto.

ANY upgrade would need the price-bridging.
Hopper or added days, or Water Parks, AP, etc.

The bridge brings the older and/or discounted ticket up to the current rate for ANY
kind of upgrade. (That's the point of the bridge.)

right but since the PH option is a specific price (as opposed to adding days) it would seem that you could easily stand in Guest Relations and expect with confidence a specific total for the upgrade. If the CM said you had to pay more because you had a discounted ticket you could point to the sign that says "add PH for x". It feels like a method to do an end run around the price increase 'problem'

I'm upgrading 2 day tickets purchased on a previous trip - while I know the system and what to do I'm still dreading the hassle that "could" be involved.

right but since the PH option is a specific price (as opposed to adding days) it would seem that you could easily stand in Guest Relations and expect with confidence a specific total for the upgrade.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

While the PH option (alone) IS a specific price, the ticket from which you are upgrading must first be brought up to the current gate price BEFORE that fixed price can be applied.

Otherwise, the price to add PH to a base ticket will be $59, PLUS the price difference between what the guest paid the discounter (say, UT) and the current gate price.

Any upgrade must also include the interim step of "leveling" ("bridging") the ticket to the current gate price.
If not (and this is the case for tickets bought directly from Disney on a previous trip... but never used in the past) the cost to add PH (or other options/days) will be higher than the current price of that add-on.

(This ticket stuff can get complex in a hurry!)

All prices, plus tax.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

While the PH option (alone) IS a specific price, the ticket from which you are upgrading must first be brought up to the current gate price BEFORE that fixed price can be applied.

Otherwise, the price to add PH to a base ticket will be $59, PLUS the price difference between what the guest paid the discounter (say, UT) and the current gate price.

Any upgrade must also include the interim step of "leveling" ("bridging") the ticket to the current gate price.
If not (and this is the case for tickets bought directly from Disney on a previous trip... but never used in the past) the cost to add PH (or other options/days) will be higher than the current price of that add-on.

(This ticket stuff can get complex in a hurry!)

All prices, plus tax.

yup got all of that - point is if it says on the sign "upgrade to PH for x" and they try to charge you "y" it seems to be an easy argument to say the sign says "x" not "x" ONLY IF you purchased the ticket since the most recent price increase. I think it's a stronger argument / way to get your ticket price bridged with less hassle (if I get a person who doesn't know how to PB).

We're arriving on a Sunday afternoon - planning on probably going to DTD with our tickets to see if we can easily add PH to the 2 day MYW tickets we purchased previously (during a FD promo when we had APs). If we manage to easily add the PH (with the right price) I'll know the tickets have been bridged (and changed over to RFID). Then at our first park on Monday we'll upgrade to APs as we're on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter