What Shoes to Wear Next Week?

SqueakyMouse

DIS Veteran
This may sound like an obsessive question at first, but I really don't have room to take a whole assortment of shoes this trip. (It's either pack a variety of shoes or Christmas decorations, and I don't think the kids would be too happy with me if I go with my personal choice here!) Anyway, back to the topic...Is it warm enough for sandals? Is anyone wearing them? It's kind of tough to remember what 70-degree weather is like when there's snow and ice on everything outside! I need help! I have no idea what to pack. (And I grew up in Winter Park!!!) :blush:

Today, it was a little cool (60's), but I think you would wear sandals. When we were there last week, there were a couple of days when I wished I had worn mine.

I wear my Birkenstock sandals year round - even in the blustery North. I just add more socks - up to three pairs. But, then, some people consider me eccentric. :rolleyes1 When it's wet and slushy, I pull on a pair of "old-fashioned" men's rubbers over my sandals. I only wear boots if I have to wade through inches of snow - and I ditch them as soon as I get in the car. I seldom have to put them back on to walk through parking lots, etc. I'll definitely be wearing my sandals when we're at the parks week after next - (with spare sox in my back pack).

We were there last week and I brought a couple of pair of shoes. Im usually a shoe ***** but I limited myself this time. I wore a pair of tennis shoes on the trip over and packed a pair of sport sandals for warmer or wetter days and a pair of flip flops for the pool area and when I wasn't going to be doing much walking. I felt it was warm enough for sandals. But it was nice to also have my tennis shoes for those very long days with lots of walking.

Wearing Crocs and Brooks Addictions with orthotics, alternating days.

I don't have that big of selection of shoes (I am not like a typical girl!! LOL) so I normal take my everyday shoes wich never give me a problem - but when I am at Disney World I normally get blisters on the bottom of my feet. Last time we went l made the mistake of only bringing a new pair of Keds slip on sneakers that are completely flat - after doing all that walking my arches were KILLING me. This time I am planning on bringing a new pair of shoes but they are Dr Scholls slip on and they have decent arch support. But I have learned my lesson and will bring more than one pair of shoes.

I always bring 2 pairs of shoes to WDW, New Balance sneakers and Teva sandals. Make sure they are broke in before your trip!

We have been back from Disney for a week. We spent 7 days there. I bought tennis shoes and Crocs. I ended up just wearing my croc everyday - they are very comfy and great if it rains. You can buy them at most nursing uniform and specialty shoe stores wear I live. About $30.

Tevas! Of course, here in sunny Arizona, I wear them 24/7/365!

I wore my Crocs every day. At the end of the day, my feet were NEVER sore! And this was the first time that happened in over 30 trips. I'm stickin' with my Crocs! :)

Comfortable shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will walk and stand a great deal!!

New Balance running/walking (broken in of course). They are very light. We are breaking ours in now for our trip in late January/ early February.

It was in the 40's last night. So if you can wear sandals in the 40's, then go ahead and do that! I just wear sneakers - I only have sneakers and a few other pairs of shoes, but I live in my sneakers.

Denise

Since it has just rained the last 5 days in a row, Teva work well, and in the cold, just add socks. When the socks are wet, you can remove them. Keeping it simple!

I'm taking my CROCS and HOLEY SOLES!

I wore the CROCS for our June trip and they were great! It's really hard to find the CROCS locally and they take forever to ship, so one of my local retailers switched to HOLEY SOLES...she calls them the Canadian version...said the companies apparently were one at some point in history...don't know if it's true. I just know that my HOLEY SOLES are just as fabulous as my CROCS.

I have 2 pair of the Beach style CROCS, khaki and lime green, but the khaki are practically worn out...love 'em.

newbeachthumb.jpg

I bought the Provider style in the HOLEY SOLES, their closed in version, moss green and chocolate brown...love them, too.

3products-new.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter