What Shoes to wear in Disney?

Emteach

DIS Veteran
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what type of shoes to wear/ not wear to Disney? I HATE running shoes (and the socks that go with them), may be strange but...
Our last trip I remember wearing crocs but they were much more worn that my current pair (which have caused blisters).
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup2

Hello,
Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what type of shoes to wear/ not wear to Disney? I HATE running shoes (and the socks that go with them), may be strange but...
Our last trip I remember wearing crocs but they were much more worn that my current pair (which have caused blisters).

I was going to rewrite my suggestions, but I figured this would be easier...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2944471

:goodvibes

I wore Teva Mush flip flops that I bought on Ebay for less than $20. They were AMAZINGLY comfortable..All I wore the whole trip and even wore them to the waterparks and they dried so fast.:thumbsup2

I wear tennis shoes or Danskos. I wear both of those at work (nurse) and I tolerate them. I figure if they hold up to a day of nursing, they can handle Disney. :)
My arches won't tolerate crocs for long periods of time, plus I trip a lot in them. :)

My son wore his well worn crocs and got horrible blisters.
I wore Nike flip flops and loved them! I would wear whatever is most comfortable for you (and cool in the heat!)

Hello,

Plain black flip flops by the croc company, so comfortable and no one can tell they are crocs!

I wore Jambu shoes when we went last year. SUPER comfy, and they are adjustable. (For when your feet swell in the Florida heat!) I also have a pair of Under Armour flip flops with a memory foam bottom, and a pair of Abeo sandals from The Walking Company. (ALL of these can get drenched & dry quickly.) I agree....I can't stand socks & sneakers. I have a knee problem & all of these shoes are my "all day" walking shoes.

As much as I love cute flat sandals, they start to hurt after walking around Disney all day long! For comfort without looking crazy, I like Teva Mush. They're just simple flip flops that form to your feet. Sooo comfortable.

I want to wear my TOMS because they're so cute and comfortable but I don't know how well they'll keep up with the walking. They're quite thin.

I totally agree- I hate running sneakers too! I love my Reef Slap flip flops and my Nike Celso flip flops - my croc flip flops aren't close to the comfort of these!

I am one that usually wears a good sturdy shoe like a walking shoe from New Balance, but in 09 I arrived with a nice broke in pair only to discover a bone spur between two toes, not having worn shoes, but flip flops for several weeks, I did not know. The spur was causing a blister on the opposite toe and so much pain, no matter what I did blood in my anklets. I finally gave in and bought a pair of the Mickey Crocs, with the wider foot base it took care of the problem. So, I guess what I am trying to say is no matter what you take, make sure you have a back up that allows for something different, my back up was another pair of tennis shoes and my flip flops would not have been comfortable enough for a day in the parks. I now make sure to pack options and those Mickey crocs.

Everyone in our group wear comfortable tennis shoes made for walking. The important step is the socks. We wear moisture wicking athletic socks. I see people wearing flip flops or crocks. Think about this... Disney is crowded. Imagine someone running over your foot with a stroller, electric vehicle or just steps on your foot.

Sunburn on the tops of the feet, blisters and other foot problems can ruin a vacation.

We are tennis shoes people. I have two pairs of Asics that are broken in and comfy. My mom has two pairs of Sketchers also broken in and comfy. I would suggest bringing more than one pair of whatever you want to wear and switch them out.
We also bring flip flops for our shopping day and mini golf time.
Good luck and have a great trip

I wore Teva Mush flip flops that I bought on Ebay for less than $20. They were AMAZINGLY comfortable..All I wore the whole trip and even wore them to the waterparks and they dried so fast.:thumbsup2

I love Teva Mush flip flops too!! I have 3 pairs and plan to bring at least one with me for our Aug. trip. The only thing that worries me, is this trip I'm expecting more rain (this is our 1st trip in Aug.) They do get a little slippery in the rain. I will probably bring a pair of Ryka sandals too....they are better for walking on wet pavement but not quite as comfortable as the Tevas.

I hate wearing tennis shoes because I hate to wear socks. I wore Toms during our entire trip, and I am so glad that I made that decision. I have 2 pair of the classic canvas My feet did not hurt one time during our stay! I was so relieved to not have aching feet by the end. :) I would HIGHLY recommend Toms! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter