What shoes are most comfortable in Disneyworld??

laughograms

Earning My Ears
Hi! My family and I are super excited to be going to Disney this summer!! I was wondering, what do you guys think are the most comfortable shoes to wear in the parks? We usually wear tennis shoes and socks but those can be really gross and uncomfortable especially after it rains. So, what do you guys think, flip-flops? burkenstock? crocs? high heels? :rotfl:
:tinker:

I love my crocs when its hot out at WDW. Flip flops don't provide enough support, in my opinion.

I have Ecco sandals. They have the support of an athletic shoe and summer comfort of a sandal.

I have flat feet, and need the arch support, so while most people rave about Crocs, I don't find them comfortable for walking long distances.

Crocs and Tevas sandals are ALL I wear.The Tevas terra fi to be exact.They have great support and they dry fast

DH and I are both flip-flop wears in WDW. He wears QS one and I wear Roxy ones (both can not be plastic straps). :goodvibes

it really depends on the person...

In the summer, I rotate between my fit flops, teva sandals and crocs. My Mom is the same way.

Winter is usually the sneakers, but sometimes my Uggs for just the evening or my fur lined crocs.

Again, everyone's feet are different, so what works for one will not work for all. I love my fit flops because they are like flip flops, but have more support and cushion and work great for me. I know others who have tried fit flops and hate them.:confused3

We did Crocs & flip flops (cheapies). I bought brown crocs for myself and I found that because of the color they were EXTREMELY hot, even to the touch. The color attracted the sun and I felt like the soles of my feet were in a frying pan! :eek:
Will do Crocs again but will do a lighter color this time around and a pair of Reef flip flops (I like Reefs better than Teva's...DH does too).

I love my ugly Crocs feet kind of look like Mickey Mouse but I feel like I'm walking on marshmallows :rotfl2:

I really liked the Keen sandle, sole like a sneaker, covers toes so you don't stub them (some of us are a little clutzy), water proof and stay on your feet whether your wading in a river or going upside down on a coaster.

Unfortunaty the price for five pairs with three pairs of feet are still growing, just couldn't justify the $$, but still loved the idea.

I was able to find similar sandles at discount stores for everyone (including Hubby). Went to the beach yesterday to give them a test to the wear and tear of play on and off the water and everyone loved their sandles.

We love Keens for the whole family. Good supportive & comfy shoes (and Disney!) are one thing I'll splurge on.

We usually alternate between Keens & running shoes at Disney.

For the kids's Keens, I try to buy gender-neural colors & they hold up well to pass on/Hand-me-down. I've often thrown them in the washer and they've come out good as new. For the kids, we buy Newport style.

I shop around for deals & sometimes find them on
www.zappos.com
www.onlineshoes.com
www.sierratradingpost.com

If you own a Discovercard & logon to your account & go to ShopDiscover I think you can get 15% cashback at onlineshoes or a few other shoe places that sometimes carry Keens.

I am going to buy fit flops. I talked to a Premier Annual Passholder yesterday at Disneyland who was wearing them and she said they were great!
I am sold! My feet hurt yesterday in my new Nike Air Max shoes. I don't need 2 weeks of pain!

ONLY Crocs! Me, DH, both kids (and MIL when she comes occasionally.)

Quick story: One day at WDW my husband wore socks and his very comfortable sneakers. By the end of the day he was exhausted and his feet were tired. The next day he went back to his crocs and kept exclaiming how much better he felt and much less tired. He attributed it completely to his shoe change!:thumbsup2

I always do it for myself and the kids b/c I am a blister magnet!!!! You would not believe how easily I can get a blister. Never had a blister with my crocs, I also find they support my feet nicely for the many hours I am walking around in them.

For my boys, who like to get WET no matter where they are. I know the crocs are going to keep their feet comfortable, cool, and will dry instantly if they get them wet.

Another vote for Keens. I bought mine the day before my disney trip and was worried they wouldn't be broken in for the trip - but they were amazingly comfortable.

Also - I did use the Bandaid blister block as a precaution and I didn't get a blister at all.

I wear flip-flops all summer. I have quite a collection, but the ones I continually take to WDW are my Reefs. I just got a new pair - Sanuk. The footbed is made of yoga mat material, and they are super comfy. I'll be packing these for our upcoming WDW trip.

Hi,
I would suggest you to wear flats coz you will be wearing them the entire day and according to me they are most comfortable.

I swear by my Keens! The Newport is my favored style.

I adore my Croc flip flops for bumping around town and am curious to see how they'd hold up in The World. I'm guessing they'd be hard on my knees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter