What shoes are best???

I always use to wear my nike sneakers and flip flops from old navy, but I tried my DISNEY CROCS for the first time this March and they were awesome. My feet didnt feel sweaty as in the nike sneakers and there was enough support for my heel not to hurt like they do in the regular flip flops from old navy. I also got a pair of CROCS flip flops and those are awesome b/c they have extra support in the back for my heels unlike the regular flip flops. So now I alternate between both the DISNEY CROCS and the CROCS flip flops.:goodvibes

I do a fair amount of jogging, and I love my New Balance 895's. But my wife bought me the Croc flip-flops and I admit they are comfy. I'll probably alternate between the two.

I wore my Crocs every day on my last trip. Very comfortable and they dry out easily if they get wet. I made sure to use Band-Aid Blister Block on the tops and sides of my feet to prevent blisters.

I swear by my Columbia sandals. They're an athletic-type (Teva-ish) sandal and as comfortable as any pair of sneakers I've ever owned, which is great because I have issues with hot feet and with shoes in general. From spring thaw to first real snowfall, my Columbias are about all I wear, and they're great no matter how much walking I'm doing or how much time I'm spending on my feet. And the fact that they are sandals and dry quickly is nice too, because I don't need a backup pair of shoes in case of rain or Splash Mountain. :) I even converted DH to them; he bought his first pair of sandals since childhood at the age of 37, because of my raving about my Columbias and his desire for a more practical shoe for on our boat.

When it comes to sneakers, I'm partial to Sketchers. The breathable ones are nice, even for me (and I'm weird about full shoes - even Keds feel too hot/heavy/enclosed!), and the kids have loved every pair they've owned. I'm getting them the new Croc-like Sketchers this summer to try out, and if they like them those will be their boat/beach/waterpark shoes and will probably make it into the suitcase for Disney.

Switching between Merrill Ventilators (basically a hiking shoe) and Nike running shoes. My kids wear their Nikes. Do remember that some athletic shoes are not that comfortable (DS learned that the hard way after wearing his "cool" basketball shoes). You need something with really good support or cushioning.

I do not like sandals or flip flops because I want my feet protected from strollers and others' feet! We've worn our flip flops for short little trips after dinner, if we are not going to be walking much, but for the all day thing, it's athletic or hiking shoes for my entire family.

Switching between Merrill Ventilators (basically a hiking shoe) and Nike running shoes. My kids wear their Nikes. Do remember that some athletic shoes are not that comfortable (DS learned that the hard way after wearing his "cool" basketball shoes). You need something with really good support or cushioning.

I do not like sandals or flip flops because I want my feet protected from strollers and others' feet! We've worn our flip flops for short little trips after dinner, if we are not going to be walking much, but for the all day thing, it's athletic or hiking shoes for my entire family.

Agree. I'll wear the Croc flip-flops for shorter outings, but if it's 4+ hours at a park, I'm going sneakers.

I love my Keds or Champion flip flops. They are not flat little flimsy flip-flops.....they are more like a shoe and have a nice arch for support. Thick rubber soles and they are great if you happen to get caught in the rain. I got the Champion ones 2 years in a row at Payless and the Keds pair from Kohls. As with anything though....just make sure they are broken in before you go.

Comfortable tennis shoes with socks... but I may give my Columbia sandals a try this time (though I worry about burning the tops of my feet).

I wore my crocs last year and they never caused any troubles to my feet and I will be getting new ones for this trip to wear again!!!!

Does WDW have lockers? I was going to wear my Teva Habits, then put a pir of tennies or my Crocs in a locker. It seems when I change my shoes out during the day at leats once it helps so much!

Nothing slippery on the sole or the instep section...dont forget that FL gets a ton of rain in the summer and you dont want to fall while you are walking around the parks

In the two trips we made, both in August, I have worn two different kinds of shoes.

1. New Balance high top shoes.
2. Rocky Alpha Boots-feet stayed cool in the boots.

Thanks for all your advice...time to shop for shoes so we have enough time to break them in..

I was looking at my Choacos...a teva like sandal...I like the idea of switching off shoes..

Sketchers maryjane style vented shoes. I saw tons of other girls wearing them as well. But I always bring an extra pair of comfy walking shoes along bc even the Sketchers wear on my soles after abt 8 hours.

I can't bear the thought of wearing sneakers with socks this time of year. I wore a pair of Teva's (the kind with the straps around the ankles) in July 2004, but those type of shoes really make my legs look bigger than they are. (I know, I should go for comfort not vanity)

So I've been on a desparate search for comfortable flip flops or slip on sandles. I found a pair of flip flop Teva's. They have a cork-like sole and the straps are waterproof brown leather. I found them on the Teva website, but ordered them from Online shoes.com. I have been wearing them around the house for 3 days to get used to them. I'm hoping these will work out.

DD(12) is wearing the Teva flip flops with the black foamy soles.

Hope this helps.

Have fun on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter