What "Rumor" is most likely to become a "Reality"?

Im thinking after the remodelling (or refilming should we say?) of star tours they would definitely improove DHS by adding to that area.

Theres lots of new blood star wars fans (my 6 and 9 year old nieces have been watching and loving the movies since they were tots!) so it would generate lots of potential new visitors who might not even be massive "disney" fans

With money being spent on the Avatar land at AK in the next couple of years though I bet we wont see anything until 2018 :confused3

Last month DH and I went to check out SSR- our home resort but we bought sight unseen and wanted a tour...yada yada yada... the guide told us that a Star Wars World was in the works. I said, "WORLD??" he said, "well you don't think we spent all that money on the rights just to sell a couple t-shirts did you?"

he said, "well you don't think we spent all that money on the rights just to sell a couple t-shirts did you?"

He's cute... But dumb. Star Wars has been the top worldwide grossing license for 10 of the last 11 years... And that covers periods of terrible new product and no new product...

That was what the 4 billion was for... That and to run with the characters to make more movies for more money and more stuff...vicious cycle

So the answer of whether "we" (wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" ) would spend all that money and not starting building more billions on construction?....is a resounding "yes"

Now they will build things based on Star Wars...that's pretty apparent. But the quip was just wrong and out of touch.

He's cute... But dumb. Star Wars has been the top worldwide grossing license for 10 of the last 11 years... And that covers periods of terrible new product and no new product...

That was what the 4 billion was for... That and to run with the characters to make more movies for more money and more stuff...vicious cycle

So the answer of whether "we" (wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" ) would spend all that money and not starting building more billions on construction?....is a resounding "yes"

Now they will build things based on Star Wars...that's pretty apparent. But the quip was just wrong and out of touch.

Not to mention that the guy is a salesman-- The more people he can get to believe star wars land is coming, the more time shares he can sell.

What is your beef with CMs? You are almost constantly trying to disrespect them, and downplay their importance.

What is your beef with CMs? You are almost constantly trying to disrespect them, and downplay their importance.

It's not a beef with cast members-- its an attempt to convey the fact that they are not high on the need to know list or even on the allowed to know list, so the rumors they spread are no more reliable than anything you hear unsubstantiated by Disney on the internet.

"wdw name tags are not really part of the "we" - LOL! I know to take what we hear from Cast Members with a grain of salt but since this IS the rumors board I figured I'd share my experience.

It's not a beef with cast members-- its an attempt to convey the fact that they are not high on the need to know list or even on the allowed to know list, so the rumors they spread are no more reliable than anything you hear unsubstantiated by Disney on the internet.

lockedoutlogic has a bizarre pattern of trying to discredit every CM that gets mentioned in these threads. He is usually very vehement in making sure everyone on the board understands that they are not "special". If it was just one comment, i would just assume, as you said, that he is just reiterating that they are typically not given insider information, but it appears to be a superiority complex or some deep-seated resentment or other issues.

long story short: this isn't the first time he's gone out of his way to remind us how unimportant he thinks CMs are and how little he thinks of them in general.

And yes, CMs are a part of the "we". Any individual who contributes to the guest experience at WDW, is a part of the machine , regardless of those who feel the need to "knock them down a peg" or whatever you're trying to accomplish by undermining the hard work of these individuals.

lockedoutlogic has a bizarre pattern of trying to discredit every CM that gets mentioned in these threads. He is usually very vehement in making sure everyone on the board understands that they are not "special". If it was just one comment, i would just assume, as you said, that he is just reiterating that they are typically not given insider information, but it appears to be a superiority complex or some deep-seated resentment or other issues.

long story short: this isn't the first time he's gone out of his way to remind us how unimportant he thinks CMs are and how little he thinks of them in general.

The other side are the posters who think they're posting some top secret, 100% accurate info because it came from a CM.

CM rarely have information, to share, which is any more accurate then what's available on the internet rumor sites.

An exception. Maybe 10 years ago a CM on a backstage tour I took mentioned a parade, I don't remember if it was MSEP or Spectromagic, might be returning to the MK. Basis of the information. Floats had been shipped to the MK and were being worked on. He said it's possible they were going to be shipped to another park but probably not. A few week later official announcement was made.

The other side are the posters who think they're posting some top secret, 100% accurate info because it came from a CM.

CM rarely have information, to share, which is any more accurate then what's available on the internet rumor sites.

An exception. Maybe 10 years ago a CM on a backstage tour I took mentioned a parade, I don't remember if it was MSEP or Spectromagic, might be returning to the MK. Basis of the information. Floats had been shipped to the MK and were being worked on. He said it's possible they were going to be shipped to another park but probably not. A few week later official announcement was made.

And that's fine. Many CMs are privy to secret info, many are not. My only problem is that it gets old seeing the vitriol that a few posters on this board spew against CMs in general. That elitist, high-school attitude has no place among adults and polite conversation.

dairylives said:
And that's fine. Many CMs are privy to secret info, many are not. My only problem is that it gets old seeing the vitriol that a few posters on this board spew against CMs in general. That elitist, high-school attitude has no place among adults and polite conversation.

But some people can't help but attempt to put others back in their place when they see them speaking out of turn.

:thumbsup2

Thank you for saying that. This thread is the first time Ive ever posted on the Rumors board. I thought the rumors board was for the fun and excitement of speculation and possibility .... I wasn't expecting to have someone immediately disprove the rumor that I heard. I enjoyed meeting with the DVC guide, and even if he is wrong or exaggerating its not nice to call him dumb; he was a really nice man. We all know they are rumors, or this would be called the Fact Board.

:thumbsup2

Thank you for saying that. This thread is the first time Ive ever posted on the Rumors board. I thought the rumors board was for the fun and excitement of speculation and possibility .... I wasn't expecting to have someone immediately disprove the rumor that I heard. I enjoyed meeting with the DVC guide, and even if he is wrong or exaggerating its not nice to call him dumb; he was a really nice man. We all know they are rumors, or this would be called the Fact Board.

And keep in mind, no one has actually disproved you. It is possible that the CM has some ground to stand on. Many of these posters have the attitude of "I'm right because i say I'm right", and the fact that no one bothers to argue with them about it reinforces that mindset.

And keep in mind, no one has actually disproved you. It is possible that the CM has some ground to stand on. Many of these posters have the attitude of "I'm right because i say I'm right", and the fact that no one bothers to argue with them about it reinforces that mindset.

Good point. I was wondering why someone who is discrediting CMs would think they have more credibility than CMs.

dairylives said:
:lmao: "speaking out of turn"? come again?

I guess it's a colloquial phrase used here, not necessarily everywhere. Basically speaking out of your *** with no factual knowledge or evidence with which to corroborate your words.

Although, I don't know why you find it necessary to laugh at. I don't laugh at phrases that are used regionally by others. I might say, "You're not from around here, are you?" when it's fairly obvious by their accent & regional phrases that they must definitely aren't.

I guess it's a colloquial phrase used here, not necessarily everywhere. Basically speaking out of your *** with no facial knowledge or evidence with which to corroborate your words.

so....a rumor? ;)

If you want to "put people in their place" for talking about things that have no evidence, maybe the "Rumors and News" boards aren't for you.:thumbsup2

I guess it's a colloquial phrase used here, not necessarily everywhere. Basically speaking out of your *** with no factual knowledge or evidence with which to corroborate your words.

Although, I don't know why you find it necessary to laugh at. I don't laugh at phrases that are used regionally by others. I might say, "You're not from around here, are you?" when it's fairly obvious by their accent & regional phrases that they must definitely aren't.

I'm just not a huge fan of the whole "internet tough guy" act.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter