What rooms that were savannah view are now standard view at Jambo

katmittens

OKW Owner
I had to change our February trip to Jan. I had a value studio at Jambo and I had to give it up. I was able to get a standard view studio at Jambo and I know that some previous savannah studios have become standard view due tothe poor savannah view. Does anyone know the room numbers? I would prefer a pool view since it is close to pool and restaurants. Thanks for any help.

Here are the Jambo House room numbers that I have seen reported:

Recatagorized Jambo House Savanna View Rooms:

5203: studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5384: studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail
5528: studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near a corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near fence between Arusha and Uzima (mousefan1972)
????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

Lisa,
I think my 1BR was 5553. Uzima on the south side (or closer to pool) of the last spur. It was not a corner room but still above the "dreaded people pen".
I absolutely loved that view for standard points! (A farther walk than pool view, but..) I had my "own" Eland that was usually in view (more often than I saw animals from actuall savannah view rooms) and the cranes liked hanging out at the little pond. Occasionally other animals grazed in this smaller savannah area (including a zebra). One night I got back from a park and saw and heard several savannah animals munching grass in the "moonlight".

I got 5549 as a 1bed sacannah room in 2007. Totally destroyed AKV for me and we have never returned since. (Go to OKW or the Beach club now). Left a ugly taste in the mouth. Here is the over the top ranty review I wrote at the time. Glad to hear its now a standard room.

Tuesday 4 December to friday 7th December 2007 – Animal Kingdom villas.

Ok this is the one we really looked forward to. We added on 50 points here earlier in the year to enable us to guarantee our stay. We loved the promo videos and the view over the savannah from the balcony. So stumped up the points to get the savannah view.

Got to the Animal kingdom lodge at 3.30. At the lobby door the medal floor design of animals and the wooden panels surrounding it were roped off, making the entry door seemed really small. The lobby was also really cluttered with couches and other 'junk'. At least 10 people in line infront to check in. Only 2 people doing check in, but 5 or 6 at the concierge desk chatting and laughing with each other. Initial impressions were not good. Waited in line for about 30 minutes until we got seen. Really poor this. I had requested a room overlooking the central savannah, near to the lobby as possible. Never got this unfortunately. The Cm whom I would characterise as rude said 'I dont care what you requested. Thats your room and I cant change it'. She wrote 5548 on the a bit of paper and sent us on our way. I asked for the welcome pack, but she told me they were too busy to build them up and to come back later.

So walked up to the room. Took 3 sofa breaks and aged a bit, but eventually got to 5548. put the key in. red light. Tried all three keys. All red light. Then the door opened and another lady said that this was her room. ARRGH!!!!!!! After that hike, She's given me someone elses room.!!!

So back to the lobby. Waited another 20 mins in line to get dragon lady again. 'I never said 5548' says Ros (nice monsters inc link there) . 'Yes you did says I' whilst showing her the room layout card that she had written 5548 on. Tut tut goes it and says, its 5549 and sends us off with a flee in our ear. Sorry? Not a chance.

Repeat 1 mile walk to the far end of the hotel to the worst DVC room (points value) on property. Remember the number. Its Room 5549.

So we walk in and the lampshade falls of the ceiling and smashes on the floor. Oh. There's an omen. So straight to the balcony. Its a 5th floor room overlooking a circular fenced of mud pit! Totally shocking and utterly unacceptable. I just cant believe they call this a savannah view. Never saw so much as a bird the whole time we were there. DW burst into tears. This hotel was her dream. So back to the lobby and after a 15 minute wait (see getting better) got Ros to get us the floor manager. He hid in the back for 10 minutes before being very sorry but there was nothing else he could do. We got the AKV version of the dumpster view.

The room itself was also pants. No en-suite and a toilet in a cupboard. Whats that all about. But, but,wheres the tub. Someone has shrunk it! Tiny wee thing.
Ok says DW phone up members services and get a move. I am not staying here. So I phone up member service and shockerooni, nothing available apart from Saratoga springs. Here was a dilema. Do we leave the 'mud pit view' for the poor relation of DVC? She hummed and hawed and decided that SS was a step too far. So we stayed put and tried to go to a park. Waited 40 mins on a bus to epcot. Waited 30 mins on a bus at 730pm to get back. Eventually got back to the room and thought we would try out the HD tv. Guess what only one remote. So tried it on the living room tv. Worked fine. Pulled out the sofa and put the wee man to bed. Tried the bedroom tv. Nope. Only 2 channels working. So its channel 2 or 3. Everything else is choppy and unwatchable as if the cable is not properly tuned in. Wife looks out the balcony and cries again. Went to find the Mara food place. Walked around for a while. No signs anywhere. Asked a Cm to be met with a shocked look. 'Its near the pool sir' Oh of course it is. How stupid of me not to know this. Had I had a welcome pack...... Got a rotten burger on stale brown bun (what is it with the brown buns now?)

So in the morning we phoned up member services to take them up on SS offer. AKV was that bad. But no, that room has been filled. Bah. So we simply checked out of AKV and checked into a nearby resort called bonnet creek and forgo the points at the AKV. I would advise everyone to avoid the AKV until the new building is built. Its far too great a risk book a savannah room right now in case you get the rotten views. There really are a lot of them.

You can add studio 5547. We are in a 2 bedroom lock off in Jambo house. Which includes 5549. The mud pit is gone.Animals are out there on the savanna nearly every time I look outside. There's a feeding station for the giraffes because there's usually at least 2 there. There are fences there between the giraffes and some of the smaller animals that separate them from a smaller enclosure. Seen zebras too and vultures. Definitely great for a standard view. Much better than the noisy pool view, even though I had put that on my request. The room is far from the lobby, but not so far from the pool.

You can add studio 5547. We are in a 2 bedroom lock off in Jambo house. Which includes 5549. The mud pit is gone.Animals are out there on the savanna nearly every time I look outside. There's a feeding station for the giraffes because there's usually at least 2 there. There are fences there between the giraffes and some of the smaller animals that separate them from a smaller enclosure. Seen zebras too and vultures. Definitely great for a standard view. Much better than the noisy pool view, even though I had put that on my request. The room is far from the lobby, but not so far from the pool.

5547 Sounds nice for Jambo....Don't want a "noisy" pool view.. How "quiet" is room would you say? Thanks in advance! Staying 2 nights in December, then 2 nights VGF!:santa: CAN'T WAIT; childless trip this time!:dance3:

Childless vacation? Well, if you don't mind the noisy children running up and down the hallway like elephants and the crying toddler in some room close by, it is a very quiet location. I didn't hear a squeak from the animals though. You can see the cast members coming out to feed them in the mornings too. Since they have to open the gate in the fence the animals all crowd around waiting for breakfast.

Thanks for the information hbg4. This thread is over two years old so I have collected a few more room numbers since then so here is the latest list. The list does not include hakepb's info from post #3 because of the uncertainty about the room number (5553 is actually a studio, not a 1BR).

AKV/Jambo House rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5210: Studio, Sunset, first room along the Kudu Trail (Airb330)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5253: 1BR, Sunset, near people pen. Some animals and birds visible.(Camshell)
5255: Studio, near people pen. Saw giraffes, antelopes and birds.(Camshell)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5345: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (com_op_2000)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall)
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm); "great view" (ryanmcin)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near an inside corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5547: Studio, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5548: Studio, Uzima, near corner on inside of last spur (WDW_Diane)
5549: 1BR, Uzima, half way down the last spur, great animal viewing (hbg4)
5550: 1BR, Uzima, on the last spur near a people pen (Ggatorgirl)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5580: 1BR, Arusha/Uzima border, last 1BR on Zebra/Uzima (eandesmom)
5582: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, 2nd to last room on Zebra trail (extraredstuff)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

Studio #5322-great view of the sunset savannah, although it's classified standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter