• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides to avoid for motion sickness?

THIS!! The teacups make me dizzy but the Astro Orbiter was the worst for me by far.
Yes! I meant to add more before but the dinner bell rang... Isn't this a very deceptive ride?! It looks like a Dumbo with rocket ships, but then you get up there and there's something about the sideways tilt of the rockets, mixed with the planets swirling by...gulp. One and done, as they say.

By the way, I agree with PPs about Star Tours (but I can manage it once per visit, I love the story lines) but I've never had any issues with Mission Space green or orange making me nauseous.

Are you opposed to taking medication? Meclizine is non-drowsy (I have no side effects), and allows me to ride anything. I get motion sick driving--I can't do ANYTHING without it. It really makes all the difference for me in enjoying trips. If you just don't want to medicate, I understand, but if you are afraid of how regular Dramamine makes you drowsy, there are alternatives. :-)

I never had problems with that one. It's a little bumpy, with some jolts and quick starts and stops, but no twirling or going backward or anything like that.

As a professional Dramamine pill popper :lmao: I feel like I can put in my 2 cents on this topic:

Mission Space (Orange) - was nauseated the WHOLE DAY after this one!
Star Tours - any simulator rides make me instantly :sick: :faint:
Astro Orbiters
Tea Cups
Primeval Whirl
Tower of Terror

I handle roller coasters just fine :woohoo:

All kidding aside, I do recommend taking an anti-nausea med before hitting the parks if you have any concerns.

Since you mentioned sometimes being dragged onto Soarin with your family let me pass on a trick that I have found helps me....

Request the bottom row. Having the edge of the screen within sight helps. If things start to get bad just focus on the floor for a minute. I am very sensitive to motion simulators and with this trick I can ride Soarin no problem.

My avoid rides are: Tea Cups, Primeval whirl, Mission Space (another motion simulator orange side adds in a centrifuge:crazy2:), Rockin Roller coaster, Star Tours, Everest (backwards spiraling in the pitch black dark), Space Mountain (The coaster in the dark is what throws me)

And an extra tip... If you plan on taking anti nausea meds on park days be sure to know how your body reacts to them. I tried taking Zofran as a preemptive measure and found that it actually CAUSED nausea!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter