What rides in WDW turn you upside down?

The only ride I know of that goes upside down is Rock N Roller Coaster, and since it's in the pitch dark, you don't even realize that it's happened until it's over.

Other that that, I can't think of anything else. :confused3

Only one I can think of too but don't fear the loop... If I was you id be more afraid to ride Mission Space!

Yes, Rock n Rollercoaster is the only one that actually flips you upside down. You can throw Cyber Mountain at Disney Quest as well.

Loops are fun :)

Foobs :cool1:

If it makes you feel any better, the first time I rode RcRR, I was off the ride and talking about it with my family before I knew it had a loop. It is dark and things are going by fast..fast! I never knew it happened until I was told.
:confused3

To echo the PPs, my dad will not ride anything with a loop and we didn't tell him about the loop in RnRC and he ended up absolutely loving it. And yes, he didn't even realize he was upside down until we told him. You might want to give it a shot! Have fun!

Actually, the reason I was not impressed by RnRC is that when you take away your vision, inversions (the coaster term for loops) are not nearly as impressive, so I found that RnRC was weaker than a normal outdoor loop coaster. There are actually two inversions I believe, there is a loop and also a corkscrew. (Corkscrews tend to be milder than straight up loops in terms of G-force.) So, even though I love coasters, I didn't love RnRC. Maybe my expectations were too high. I actual though the backward spiral in EE was a more thrilling effect. (But you do NOT go upside down on EE.)

SkierPete

Technically the Roller Coaster VR ride at DisneyQuest will go upside-down, but only if you build it that way.

It took my husband many, many times on Rock N Roller Coaster to realize there was a loop. He kept insisting there wasn't one. This is a man whose job is paying attention to the slightest detail in everything everyone does.

Rock N Roller Coaster is the only one that goes upside down. I hate that too but didn't have a problem. Mainly because I was in the dark the whole time.

Aren't both of the inversions on RnRc 'leaning' (for lack of a better word)? I mean, I don't think either is truly a straight up and down loop is it? Doesn't feel like it, that's for sure.

Scientifically speaking, your inertia tries to carry you out of the loop. So while you are upside down on a circle loop, you are actually sticking to the seat of the coaster more than when you are stopped.
Similar to why water doesn't come out of a bucket when you swing it fast in a circle over your head.
So, in other words, you are quite safe, though, inverted!!! :thumbsup2

I thought RnR had 3 inversions, but my eyes were closed :lmao: most of the ride. I was trying hard to remember to breathe. :rotfl:

My teenagers bought me the t-shirt as a reward for riding. Yes, I've ridden 2 more times since then.

Also rode Mt Everest last month, first time on a coaster going backwards. :scared1: But will do it again in the future.

Well, although I do hate loops (and corkscrews as well. And in doesn't matter if they are in the dark, the I rode the coaster at night :rotfl:) it's reassuring that only RnRC has inversions.

One question, I heard that the Space Mountain at DL has loops and corkscrews and that they were going to renovate the WDW to make it the same, is that true as well?:confused3

One question, I heard that the Space Mountain at DL has loops and corkscrews and that they were going to renovate the WDW to make it the same, is that true as well?:confused3

The new California DL Space Mountain doesn't have loops, but the one in Disneyland Paris does. The one in Paris is actually the same track as for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (and predates RNRC). The one in Disneyland CA still has the same track layout as it always did, but it's much smoother now.

Here's an article on the Disneyland CA Space Mountain refurbish.

Scientifically speaking, your inertia tries to carry you out of the loop. So while you are upside down on a circle loop, you are actually sticking to the seat of the coaster more than when you are stopped.

Scientifically speaking, centripetal force pushes you into your seat at an acceleration rate faster than the pull of gravity so that you never actually feel upside down.

Inertia is what keeps grownups from getting on the ride in the first place.:)

Non-scientific here! RnRC doesn't have the thrill that coaster junkies live for, but it has enough oomph in the upside-downing to flip out people who don't like being upside-down. :)

I adore coasters, but usually skip it. I'll ride it maybe once a year, just for the whoosh (told you: non-scientific!) at take-off. :)

Nothing else goes upside-down. There are people who think Expedition Everest feels like going upside-down, but it doesn't. I've ridden upside-down coasters literally thousands of times and know the difference. :)

OK, I just have to interject here - so many people say that you can't even tell you are upside down on RnR - I'm sorry, but I could very much tell I was upside down! It's quick, but I could definitely tell. :scared1:

And then I rode it again!!! :woohoo:

OK, I just have to interject here - so many people say that you can't even tell you are upside down on RnR - I'm sorry, but I could very much tell I was upside down! It's quick, but I could definitely tell.

They say only one in ten can tell.

You must have ridden with nine other people.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter