• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides in DLR are Halloween/Holiday themed?

Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain have Halloween over lays.

It's a small world and Haunted Mansion have end of year holiday over lays

I agree with AussieCaribou, the only rides that have a true holiday overlays are:

Haunted Mansion - Becoming Haunted Mansion Holiday - combining the Halloween/winter/Christmas themes (Sept - beginning of January)
Space Mountain - Becoming Ghost Galaxy for the Halloween season only (Sept - Nov 1ish)
IASM - Becoming IASM "Holiday" with winter / Christmas themes (Nov - beginning of January)

The StoryLand Canal boat ride also get's dressed for Christmas. It's neat to see the tiny Christmas decorations on the miniature buildings. The attention to detail is amazing.

There are Christmas details throughout both parks. We went last year, and apparently it was relatively low-key compared to past years as a result of the 60th. I'm excited to see it fully done up.

I don't remember any of the DCA rides having overlays though, just the Disneyland ones mentioned above.

I agree with AussieCaribou, the only rides that have a true holiday overlays are:

Haunted Mansion - Becoming Haunted Mansion Holiday - combining the Halloween/winter/Christmas themes (Sept - beginning of January)
Space Mountain - Becoming Ghost Galaxy for the Halloween season only (Sept - Nov 1ish)
IASM - Becoming IASM "Holiday" with winter / Christmas themes (Nov - beginning of January)

Wait... does this mean the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is up for Christmas too?

Wait... does this mean the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is up for Christmas too?

Yes, the overlay combines Halloween and Christmas/winter so it stays up until January. We usually go every year Sept - Dec and it's been years since I've seen the regular Haunted Mansion. If I went and saw HM without Jack Skellington, I'd be like, "What's THIS?". lol

There is also the Jingle Cruise at Christmas time!

I forgot about the Jingle Cruise! It's gotten better over the past few years. I remember when the lights and decorations/theming were pretty minor but they've added enough holiday props and changed the jokes enough to make it a real overlay.

Yes, the overlay combines Halloween and Christmas/winter so it stays up until January. We usually go every year Sept - Dec and it's been years since I've seen the regular Haunted Mansion. If I went and saw HM without Jack Skellington, I'd be like, "What's THIS?". lol

I chuckled at this! :rotfl2:
I have never been on the HM with the NBC overlay. :( I would love to do so.
It would totally be a "What's this?!" moment if I did see it as I am soo used to the normal HM version. lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter