• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what rides can a 10 month old NOT go on?

ellibelly

Earning My Ears
I have tried looking this question up but it seems like every discussions spirals out of control into a debate if a baby should go to Disneyland. I'm not looking for that. We are heading to Disneyland next month with out 6 year old and 10 month old baby. I am using ridemax to plan our trips and I want to schedule rides the baby can not go on later in the night when he will be sleeping. Besides the obvious ones with height restrictions what rides in Disneyland and DCA would you not take the baby on? I know that may be a long list but it looks like it is a shorter list then what they can go on (yeah!) Thanks in advance for your input!

Well it's simple; if there is no height requirement, you can take them on with you. That said, rides like Pirates and the dark rides might be loud and scary for a baby that age.

Beyond the height requirements, I wouldn't take DS on the teacups until he was 3.

Dark and scary rides didn't bug him until he was 2.5 years old; his first ride on pirates (17 months old), he just nursed and fell asleep.

I think Autopia requires that kids be a year old to ride, and at least when we first tried to ride, they required that everyone sit on the seat. [DS was 17 months old on that first trip, and REFUSED to sit on the seat (wanted to sit on my lap), so we had to take the walk of shame out of there without riding.]

I think Autopia requires that kids be a year old to ride, and at least when we first tried to ride, they required that everyone sit on the seat. [DS was 17 months old on that first trip, and REFUSED to sit on the seat (wanted to sit on my lap), so we had to take the walk of shame out of there without riding.]

Autopia has a 32" requirement, and that rider must be with another rider at least 54".

off the top of my head:

Disneyland
Big Thunder
Space Mt.
Splash Mt.
Mattehorn
Indiana Jones
Autopia

Disney CA

Tower of Terror
Soarin'
Screamin'
Bunch of Paradies Pier Rides

Roger Rabbit and Lady Bug Boogie require them to sit on their own. I wouldn't do either of them with a 10 month old.

I'm not too concerned about dark rides, I think he can manage those. I was going to skip the teacups but good to know about Roger Rabbit and the Lady Bug rides. Those are the tips I was looking for, being a first timer there is no way for me tell that a ride requires sitting. I just don't want to waste time with the baby waiting for a ride he can not go on if DH and DD can do it at night. Any other rides?

Not usually a problem, but for rides that have a lap bar (peter pan, snow white, Mr Toads, etc), that you can have baby on your lap for, his/her legs do need to be under the bar just like yours. So if he/she is being wiggly/fussy and won't sit still on your lap then you may want to skip it and try again later.

Hi, well I think the best way to figure out what rides yor baby can go on is by knowing the height requirement. There are other rides which might be scary because of how dark it is inside. I have a blog www.mydisneyjourney.com in which i have listed the height requirements for most of the rides..i hope it helps. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter