What Rides / Attractions Are You "Retired" From???

There are a few I'm "semi-retired" from - DS and DH love RRC, for instance, and I'll go with them...once per trip. But if they want to get in line again, I do something else and meet them. Twice in a row is too much for me.

And there are some I've never done - the "bad" side of Mission Space, the water slide some mentioned above... I guess I can't really "retire" from them, but I definitely don't plan to do them!

I don't understand all the Primeval Whirl hate. DS and I love it!!

But I'd say I've "fired" rather than "retired" Stitch's Great Escape.

And I have one "temporarily retired" ride - the carousel. We skip it because DH and DS are embarrassed to go anywhere near it without small children. But the minute I have grandkids, I am back on!!!!

lol. Too cute about the carousel. I wont go near it. Merrygorounds bore me silly. I would only get on it to catch a breeze or a break. But I can get on Peoplemover for that. So, I still have yet to ever get on the Carousel!
Yes, I too "fired" Stitch.
Thanks for the PW input. I can't wait to do it!

I have a short list:

Teacups (My husband hates them and I never feel like I'm missing out when we skip)
Tomorrowland Speedway (Whew, SNOOZEFEST!)
Mission Space Orange (holy claustrophobia)
It's a Small World (the song is just too much for me. Ruins my brain for the rest of the day. My exception is if I'm with someone who has never been to WDW. It's a right of passage!)

TBD... Tower of Terror. I'm riding it for the first time on my September trip and this ride may be joining my retired list :o

LOL. TOT is not a joke. But I hope you enjoy it. It's my favorite thrill ride.
Teacups is the one kiddie ride that I feel like I'd be missing out on if I failed to do it. It's a must do.

I hate the Astro Orbiter. Loooong, slow loading, uncomfortable ride.

Thought about boycotting Hall of Presidents because of Trump, but I do love it. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and plug my ears when (if) he talks.

I hate the Astro Orbiter. Loooong, slow loading, uncomfortable ride.

Thought about boycotting Hall of Presidents because of Trump, but I do love it. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and plug my ears when (if) he talks.

ROFL on Astro Orbiter. Long, slow loading, uncomfortable. ROFL. I never paid attention.

Not a fan of the new Potus myself, but I'd like to finally witness the historical aspects of the Hall of Presidents. Being a bit of a history enthusiast, I think it's a small slice of Disney that I should not ignore, because it's not "exciting." That's what I've been doing since 97. For me personally.... it's time for a visit - no matter who the President is.

I truly love Space Mountain, and have some stellar memories of riding it as a kid when it first opened, back in the days when we could ride it, then get back in line to ride it again. Over and over and...
However, like many have mentioned in this thread, SM isn't particularly friendly to those of us with some miles behind us, and couple that with the fact that I am prone to migraines means I don't ride it so much anymore. I guess you could say it's in the semi-retired category. Sigh. I do occasionally ride it with my teen, but when I do, I make sure I have migraine meds at the ready.
Other than that, Mission Space--which I rode just once on the non-spinning side and that was enough for me.
Everything else is still a go!

I truly love Space Mountain, and have some stellar memories of riding it as a kid when it first opened, back in the days when we could ride it, then get back in line to ride it again. Over and over and...
However, like many have mentioned in this thread, SM isn't particularly friendly to those of us with some miles behind us, and couple that with the fact that I am prone to migraines means I don't ride it so much anymore. I guess you could say it's in the semi-retired category. Sigh. I do occasionally ride it with my teen, but when I do, I make sure I have migraine meds at the ready.
Other than that, Mission Space--which I rode just once on the non-spinning side and that was enough for me.
Everything else is still a go!

Yes. Thank God, everything else is still a go for me as well, for now.
(So sad those days of doing a ride over and over again is pretty much dead. Hubby and I did it all the time back in the 90's. In 2015 I did indeed do TEST TRACK three-four times back to back after night fall - via single rider entry (and could have done more!). Had a blast! Was tickled pink. I dont know what day that was, probably not a weekend.

There are a handful of rides I don't fit on (or don't fit comfortably) due to my size, but I think the only one I'd say I'm retired from, even when I eventually drop some pounds, is Space Mountain. The last time I rode it, that first jolt through the tube caused a very loud pop in my lower back and it took me an unreasonably long time to get out of the car. So I'm officially done with what used to be my favorite ride at WDW (he says, until the next time he's at the park at has a couple drinks in him and totally forgets about this pledge).

There are a handful of rides I don't fit on (or don't fit comfortably) due to my size, but I think the only one I'd say I'm retired from, even when I eventually drop some pounds, is Space Mountain. The last time I rode it, that first jolt through the tube caused a very loud pop in my lower back and it took me an unreasonably long time to get out of the car. So I'm officially done with what used to be my favorite ride at WDW (he says, until the next time he's at the park at has a couple drinks in him and totally forgets about this pledge).

lol. Don't do it. That pop sounds like a warning to me. Plenty of other fun coasters to do! (*_*)

Space Mountain. Rock N Roller Coaster. I don't need the resulting headache.

Dinosaur. Same reason.

eta: Summit Plummet was a one and done for me about twenty years ago. Ditto Mission Space, although we rode that one twice in a row. Then never again.

Last edited:
Kali River. I was always the one getting soaked and it just isn't fun anymore.

lol. I love these answers.
Kali is a favorite that I doubt I'm giving up - even though someone here on the boards just made me realize that the ride really ISN'T that much fun... it's just the anticipation of getting soaked.

Space Mountain. Rock N Roller Coaster. I don't need the resulting headache.

Dinosaur. Same reason.

eta: Summit Plummet was a one and done for me about twenty years ago. Ditto Mission Space, although we rode that one twice in a row. Then never again.

Hate to hear that about so many of the more popular E-ticket rides. :(
Hopefully you still get your Disney joy via other aspects of the WDW experience!

Mission Space - Orange. Did it once, never again. I was disoriented for a couple hours. And I'm the one who has been known to ride ToT 2 or 3 times in a row. I did the green side with no problems.

RnR...that launch makes me feel like I'm going to explode. I hate it! I enjoy the ride, but I don't like the 0-60mph, so no more for me.

Mission Space - Orange. Did it once, never again. I was disoriented for a couple hours. And I'm the one who has been known to ride ToT 2 or 3 times in a row. I did the green side with no problems.

I thought the Orange was a breeze, so I have never done the green.
But it's intereting how different we all are as individuals. Another person just noted that they cant stand the RNR 0 to 60 take off... so much so that they're done getting on the ride, even though the ride itself isn't a problem.

I too like to do TOT over and over again. Can't get enough. With that being said... the scariest ride in the world to me is the good old fashioned Ferris wheel. Too slow... too high... dangling from a metal chair. Nah... that's okay.

The good side of this remains, that MS ORANGE is it's one less line you'll have to endure during your visit!

I thought the Orange was a breeze, so I have never done the green.
But it's intereting how different we all are as individuals. Another person just noted that they cant stand the RNR 0 to 60 take off... so much so that they're done getting on the ride, even though the ride itself isn't a problem.

I too like to do TOT over and over again. Can't get enough. With that being said... the scariest ride in the world to me is the good old fashioned Ferris wheel. Too slow... too high... dangling from a metal chair. Nah... that's okay.

The good side of this remains, that MS ORANGE is it's one less line you'll have to endure during your visit!

Me too - I can't do Ferris Wheels! I was just out at DCA with 2 friends, they did Mickey's Fun Wheel with the swinging cars. I just couldn't do it. I did California Screamin twice instead.

One ride I won't do again Mission Space-- orange-- I did the green one year and was fine and then tried orange on another trip and it ruined the rest of my day at Epcot (I felt so nauseated and dizzy). Another ride that really did me in was Aladdin's Magic Carpet simulation at Disney Quest--ugh I wanted to throw up after--fortunately that was retired for me.

I've never done Mission Space - Orange because I'm scared of getting sick and ruining my day. If I ever moved back to Orlando, I'd consider doing it on my way out of the park so I can go feel sick at home if needed. I'm also semi-retired from the green side just because it didn't impress me very much. I don't need to go sit in the claustrophobic vehicle and push two buttons. I may reconsider this when the new mission is open, and I'll go if someone I'm with really wants to, but otherwise I'm good.

I think the one ride I may actually be done with is Summit Plummet. I was sore for days after riding it!

Love all these rides, but my head gets scrambled on:

Primeval Whirl
Mission Space
Rock n Roller

But I'll gladly do Everest or ToT over and over, back to back. Go figure! :)

Tea Cups and Mission Space, can't do spinning rides. Stitch, who wants to smell that burp :crazy2:. Primeval While, it hurts and I can handle Space Mountain. I don't always hit Countdown to Extinction, its too jerky and loud. I have done all of these at least once before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter