What Ride/Attraction Were You Excited For, But Ended Up Disappointed?

I will ride it every time because I love the movie, but I was pretty disappointed with the Finding Nemo ride in Epcot when I first rode it. It's short and just makes me feel like I could get more from just watching the movie.

Journey of the Little Mermaid is the same deal, but I like that one a lot more for some reason.

Also, I don't know what I was expecting because I am a full-grown adult, but when I recently went on Winnie the Pooh for the first time since childhood, I was completely underwhelmed. I was at least expecting pangs of nostalgia like I get from Carousel of Progress or Small World, but it was just really short and I felt like it was a waste of time. :rolleyes2

7DMT. We were excited to be there when it opened but thought the ride was disappointing. It's too short, too tame, and too uncomfortable for us Pooh size folks.

I was disappointed with most of New Fantasyland. The theming was nice but the rides were boring, especially 7DMT. Was this really Disneys answer to Harry Potter lands?

Me too. I had very low expectations, and even they were not met. It is astonishing that Disney built that ride well into the 21st century. Could have been built in 1967. (Assuming, of course, that the movie had come out by then! :rotfl:) It pains me to say that Disney built a brand new ride within the past 5 years that is so lame and boring that I doubt I will ever ride it a second time. I can't think of another ride at WDW that I can say that about. Not JIA. Not Tiki Room. Not Pooh. Not Hall of Presidents. I'll admit that all of those are close calls for me. But I can definitely see myself doing all of those most times that I visit. But I cannot imagine what it would take to get me back into one of those clam shells.

I thought the same thing.

Try green. I love the ride (Orange) but I do understand people can't take it. No G's if you ride green.

Someone else posted in this thread about giving the green side a chance and it still wiped them out. I'll err on the side of caution with this one. I can take a coaster but "spinning" wrecks me.

Journey into Your Imagination (without Figment). Loved the original, figured if they were going to retheme it they were going to make it better. Boy was I wrong and disappointed when the final result was finally revealed.

Journey of the Little Mermaid - Doesn't quite make the list. I saw it first a DCA. Given the poor reviews of the ride I went in with poor expectations and it was better than I feared. But, compared to Pooh at TDL and Mystic Mansion in Hong Kong, I am disappointed about the missed potential. But I did get to see the Dole Whip Hair. Something visitors to the MK will never have the honor of seeing.:lmao:

Mission Space is a ride I have a love hate relationship with. The first time I rode it, I felt "off" for hours afterward and was probably the 2nd sickest I've ever been on a ride. That being said, I had been reading the boards about people getting sick and airsickness backs getting installed. So, while I was excited to ride, I was nervous enough my stomach was tied in knots before the ride ever started. Swore I'd never ride it again. (This was all pre-green side). A couple of days later looking back I decided to give it another go. I survived fairly well. The first time 90% of it I had done to myself because of worrying. Today I will ride it on a good day. I never have ridden the green side only the orange side. My favorite parts of the ride are the hight G's of lift off and slingshoting around the moon. It's the evasive maneuvers at the end that will occasionally get me and both sides will have those. So, I may as well ride the orange side when I ride. But it's a one time a day or trip at most ride for me. It's not one I can do over and over again.

I'm kind of surprised so many people are disappointed with New Fantasyland. I love it and could spend hours there. In fact I have spent hours there! I love all of it but especially the area around ETWB and BOG/Gaston's Tavern. It's great!

Not a ride, but I say Fantasmic. I am desperately hoping they will scratch this and use the set stadium for World of Color. As far as Fantasmic goes, I was so tired do Mickey's imagination by the end that I was ready for the giant snake to eat him. And my 7yo was convinced that the snake was actually going to eat him. Fun night.

This!!! The whole family thought it was weird & creepy, and DD6 cried through the whole thing. If it hadn't been so dark, we'd have walked out.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground was a little underwhelming compared to what we expected, but was still fun for a pretty brief period.

Finding Nemo The Musical. Meh.

I agree with Fantasmic. All of us were all:

saw-that-going-differently.gif

On the positive side, being able to avoid it in the future really simplifies DHS touring!

I think my expectations were too high for Toy Story Mania.

Yeah! I read about how great that ride was for several years before I finally got to ride it. By then I was expecting something pretty incredible and I was bummed that it was just another shooting ride. It was fun, but not nearly fun enough to justify the hour long line.

This trip, Oct 17-26, I tried a few things I hadn't done or DBF hadn't done. He thought the 7DMT was "just right" for what it was intended, I thought it was overhyped. Neither of us were impressed by Little Mermaid. Enchanted Tales with Belle was "cute" and I loved the effects and animatronics. But our biggest "that was it" moment came from the Finding Nemo Musical in AK...:confused3
Very disappointing.

The Little Mermaid Ride, although I do enjoy the atmosphere of New Fantasyland. While the animatronics are more fluid than older ones, it just seemed shorter and less immersive than the older dark rides - many of which truly do pull me in and make me feel like I'm there. Perhaps it's an age thing; I saw all of those through the eyes of a child and this one only as an adult :confused3

But make no mistake, the other for me is the current Journey into Imagination. I heard Figment was being added back and thought "well, I'm glad I didn't get to see it without him!" BIG let down. It's still several stones-throw short of the original, and I won't even mention ImageWorks.

I disagree. I can ride the fastest, spinniest, most upside down coasters multiple times in a row with no problems. Mission Space Orange took me out for a half a day. And that was with Dramamine already in place. Cheers.

generally people do not get motion sickness on roller coasters which is probably why you don't.
motion sickness usually occurs on FLAT SPINNING rides.
so it would seem that you are prone to motion sickenss and thats why you had it.
i can ride roller coasters and flat spinning rides all day and not feel sick.

A toss-up between the Little Mermaid ride or the new "improved" Test Track. I can't decide which ride feels "cheaper." The materials used in both rides are underwhelming. We don't care if we ever get back on either one of these.

A year ago this answer would have been met with agreement, but bet now there will be some that think it is wrong: Malestrom.

Which is kind of why I am not sad it is being replaced.

AGREED. That ride was goofy. I don't care if they put A&E in there or something else.

This!!! The whole family thought it was weird & creepy, and DD6 cried through the whole thing. If it hadn't been so dark, we'd have walked out.

I kept hearing all about Fantasmic and thought I'd better put it in our plans. I decided I'd better check it out on youtube just to be sure it was ok for our 2 and 5 year old. We'd made a huge mistake taking the kids into Bug's Life last year. I didn't know it was "scary". (I would have liked it had it just been me and DH, but our little ones HATED it and were terrified.) I'm so glad I watched the video for Fantasmic. It's a two-sided flop for me. Drawn-out and tedious for me but also would be quite scary for our little ones. Thank goodness I found out ahead of time.

The entire Fantasy Land Expansion. Way to much hype for 1 restaurant and a couple of unimaginative, replicative rides, albeit with a new theme-based on old movies.

I like the expansion of FantasyLand, but I too find the new rides and attractions....boring.....

Enchanted...Belle is notionally very cute, but my child hates it. The first two times we went she was selected to be the horse - twice. It's a cute idea, but we would NEVER wait to see this attraction.

I have not yet ridden 7 Dwarfs, so I will not be able to comment first-hand. That being said, from what I've read, this will likely be our one and only trip with 7 Dwarf FP+. Splash & Big Thunder are worthy FP+.

But the real winner (or loser) of the most disappointing ride for me......Under the Sea....I think Nemo in Epcot is better and there is more to do when the ride is over. Just when Ariel ride should reaching a crescendo and you enter that large room with all the music.....Boring.....Even Disney knows there is a problem with Under the Sea, it's gonna' be closed for refurbishment for a month in early 2015. And when you're done with Ariel, you exit to a nondescript path.

And for the record - my child will be at Disney for her 10th time - and she has never been to Tom Sayer Island nor the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I disliked these when I was a child and have not extended the disappointment into my adulthood.

The whole Fantasyland area, been once never want to enter again... 7 Dwarf mine train was a big dissapointment like someone said it was like it's over???? Can't understand the attraction

I respect your opinions but I do have a question. Many of the rides that several of you are saying you extremely dislike are considered Disney's most popular and latest additions (7DMT, ToT, TSM). If you don't like these attractions, what do you like at Disney? What is your favorite attraction and activity? Maybe its not rides.

Test Track for me. New, old, it doesn't matter as I didn't care for either. The old version I found to just be dull. I hated the hot area and the fast area really didn't do anything for me. Maybe because I can drive 60 mph in my own car whenever I want. I don't know. :confused3

When they redid the new ride, my husband and I decided to give it a try. We got fast passes for it the last week in January. I'm glad we did because it now takes FOREVER due to having to design a car. I don't want to design a car and then compete with someone else over whose car is more efficient or whatever. Boring.

Mission Space gets an honorable mention here. I can't do the orange unless I want to lose my breakfast and be out of commission until dinner. Then, the green side is just boring. I don't get the appeal of this one and I hate that they got rid of Horizons for that.

And what on earth did they do to Imagination? I loved it as a kid when we went through the art section, the literature, dreams, etc. Now it's some weird senses lab and not nearly as cute and fun.

Wow... now that I look at it, perhaps I should just go with Future World. Still love Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land, and the Nemo area of The Seas really seems to keep the kids engaged, but just about every other thing that has changed has not been for the better, in my opinion and I find myself counting down until World Showcase opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter