What ride are you scared of? And everyone thinks you're ridiculous.

Splash Mountain. I never liked those kind of water rides like the log rides. It's strange because I really like roller coasters and don't mind things like the tower of terros. It must be the knowing what's going to happen at the end....

It's not technically a ride but I hate the monorail.

Nothing about it makes me feel good at all.

I dont do Dumbo either. Luckily my mom rides it with my son for me!

I have a big fear of drop-only rides. I get really worked up before the drop in Pirates and everyone thinks I'm so silly. Even my almost-4yo does not mind the drop, but I do. For this reason, I don't ride splash.

But I don't mind at all the drops on roller coasters. I love space, RnR, and BTMRR. I haven't been eligible for Everest since it opened due to pregnancies, but I plan to try it this trip! Drops alone = terror. Drops + spins and upsidedown = laughs! :confused3

Astro Orbiter is legitimately a scary ride. I'm sometimes scared on Splash Mountain that I'm going to get soaked! Does that count? :) For the person who said ferris wheels, I'm all with you. I won't get on one of those things. Same thing with a "sky ride" (cable car type), I'm glad WDW doesn't have one!

[QUOTEI think It's Tough to Be a Bug is terrifying. And for years I thought I was just one of many people who thought this. But when I went a few weeks ago, everybody in the theater was laughing and smiling (except a few people with very young children). I think I was the only one crying and sitting on my feet . I know there's gotta be more people out there who are deathly scared of this like me, I just gotta find them.][/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have seen "It's tough" in years. My family always nag me to get on and by the time we get there the park has been conveniently closed:confused3 :). I dont like thing jumping out at me :eek:

I don't like dinosaur either but I do ride it once every year, that's enough for me.

I'm afraid of heights I was too scared to get on soaring. The kids still tease me about it . I rode space mtn EE Dinasoar tot - that one never again, the others maybe.I hope I can get up the courage to ride soarin this time. Can u tell how high up you are? We are going to universal too. Am I going to be able to ride anything there? Everything looks scary on line.:surfweb:

haven't been on it, and i'm terrified to go on it, Soarin'..... i do not like that my feet will dangle and i'm afraid i'll fall from those seats ... i'm afraid i'll have a panic attack... and guaranteed my parents will make me go on it :confused3

Finally, someone who understands my Soarin' fear :lmao: I went on it last year...and YES, had a full blown panic attack. My kids kept leaning forward and I was so freaked out making them sit way back. I thought I was going to vomit in anticipation of it just starting. DH and the kiddos have NOT let me live that down.

Going back next month and I am determined to conquer that fear. Splash Mountain, however, wins! I wont go near that ever again. Went on it a few years ago and when we went down the little drop..dd started crying when she realized that it "wasn't over yet"...she kept saying "I want to get off" and how did I comfort her? By saying, yep with tears, "me too baby, me too"!!! :rotfl2:

I've never been on Astro Orbiter. Been on everything else, just not that one.
I'm fine with the roller coasters at Universal, but there's just something about spinning rockets that irks me :D

I've got a thing about heights. And falling. Because thats what happens when you're up high: you fall. And then you die. So you can imagine what my reaction was when my 2 DDs sweet talked me into going on ToT....and then I found out we would be falling not once, but multiple times. I held onto both of them really tight, because I was determined to be close to my loved ones when we died.:lmao:OK I'll admit that was a little overdramatized. But not by much. I'll ride it again as soon as the Florida thermometer hits Forty below.

Not a fan of rollercoasters so I have not rode any in Disney and don't plan to..I am not a fan of log flume type of rides(the drops are what I don't like) and did not do Splash Mountain on our first visit but my family begged me to do it this past December and I did it-it wasn't as bad as I thought!I wanted to do Soarin and actually got strapped in and right before the ride started begged a CM to let me off!My husband and son love Tower of Terror and I promised them that I would ride it in December but I chickened out at the last minute and took the "chicken exit"(I have a fear of the drops and how my tummy will feel)....I also chickened out when my boys went on Kali River Rapids!!!!We are going in October and I am hoping to ride Kali River Rapids, Tower of Terror and Dinousaur!!!!!!!!!

1. The elevator ride to get to Astro Orbiter....that's right, not the actual ride, but the elevator up to it. It scared me to death, and I'll never do it again.

2. Dinosaur. I'll ride it, but I'm genuinely scared the entire time.

3. I love EE, but I'm always convinced that the train will either get stuck on the steepest part, or that it will actually go off the broken track.

DINOSAUR!! I am completely terrified of that ride! I usually won't ride it, but every once in a while my family talks me into it. I hang on for dear life, with my eyes tightly shut and my head down so "they" won't get me. DH and my 2 DS's tease me unmercifully about it, too - they think it's a fun ride.

I can't do spinning rides like the teacups now that I'm older. I'm not afraid of that ride, I just don't want to puke and ruin things for other people.

You're not alone, I could have written your post!

Rock N Roller Coaster, plus any other ride that goes upside down. I just have this phobia of going upside down- I've never even been able to do a somersault or cartwheel because of it! For most of my life it was just a ridiculous phobia, but then I found out there might be a reason for it; a few years ago, my eye doctor told me my vision could end up permanently damaged from the force of going upside down on a roller coaster (concerns that it could cause retinal damage, since my eyes are already pretty screwed up), so now I at least have a legitimate reason to turn down rides like that. If a ride doesn't go upside down, though, I'll pretty much go on it no matter what it does, since my doctor never warned me about any other kind of ride.

Two come to mind - but its all about the pain:

1) Primeval Whirl at AK. Kills my ribs!

2) Space Mountain. I'm 6' 4", so my knees are jammed in there as tight as anything anyway, and the fact that you can't see when you're about to turn left, right, or dip, means I can't brace myself in time to react! So I spend the entire ride clenching my entire body so I'm 100% stiff!!

Dinosaur scares me too...I told everyone I was just conforting my then 5 year old in the ride picture, but in reality I was hunched over her because I was just as scared! :rolleyes:

I don't really enjoy the Alien scene in The Great Movie Ride either. I'm NOT a fan of horror movies (I refuse to watch them), and being placed inside of one is not my idea of a good time. :scared1: It doesn't stop me from riding it but I definitely could live without that scene.

Add another for Dinousaur! I have done it... but yeah not high on the list of things to do again... I have never been on AO... might have to add it to the list for this trip!

For those who are considering trying Soarin' ask to be seated in the lowest row (there are three that after lifting are at various heights) and wear the extra strap they put in for the kiddos, it will make you feel more securely strapped in

haven't been on it, and i'm terrified to go on it, Soarin'..... i do not like that my feet will dangle and i'm afraid i'll fall from those seats ... i'm afraid i'll have a panic attack... and guaranteed my parents will make me go on it :confused3

as previous people have said... i'll go on any thrill ride multiple times. This seems like such a tame ride, and i'm afraid because my feet won't be on the ground. I don't understand my logic.

I am terribly afraid of heights, but Soarin is my absolute favorite. I find that if I completely focus on the screen and the music and smells, I forget about my fear. To me, it is worth the little bit of initial anxiety for the joys of flying over California, something I will never do in real life!

Soarin'. Rode it for the first time last year with dh, ds6, and dd4 and ended up in the first row of seats so we were up in the highest row when the seats went up. I was terrified and couldn't even look at the screen. I held my kids' hands tight and kept my eyes on ds. When the ordeal was finally over and I was wiping the tears from my eyes, dd enthusiastically shouted, "that was the best ride ever! Let's do it again!" I was horrified, but went back two more times. I learned to take the last row to stay down lower. By the third time, I was actually watching the screen for parts :laughing:

I'm also a big chicken on Goofy's barnstormer.

Splash Mountain. When I was younger it really didn't seem to bother me but now it makes my stomach drop. :scared1:

I'm afraid of heights I was too scared to get on soaring. The kids still tease me about it . I rode space mtn EE Dinasoar tot - that one never again, the others maybe.I hope I can get up the courage to ride soarin this time. Can u tell how high up you are? We are going to universal too. Am I going to be able to ride anything there? Everything looks scary on line.:surfweb:

No, you really can't see down unless you lean far enough forward to almost fall out of your seat. I am terribly afraid of heights, but I LOVE Soarin. In the waiting area, the first row goes up the highest, middle row next, and the third row stays the lowest to the ground. We've asked to stand in the first row to be up highest (no dangling feet in view), so I would assume you could ask to stand in the third row. Really I find that while I'm a little anxious at the beginning, as long as I focus on the screen and not the going up motion, I am fine.

Yes, there's plenty at Universal that doesn't involve heights. We didn't ride any roller coasters and had a fantastic time there. So many rides like Spiderman, The Simpsons, MIB, Forbidden Journey don't really go up high but are fantastic rides not to miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter