What restaurants have disappointed you lately?

1900 PF dinner, the food was just terrible.

I have to agree with this. DH and I are NOT picky eaters at ALL. We will basically eat anything. :laughing: Especially DH. He NEVER complains about food.

We left there and we both agreed it wasn't good. When we got home and were telling MIL about the character meals and he said "The place with the stepsisters was food but Mom the food was nasty." MIL said "Oh lord it must have been BAD!!" :rotfl:

The only thing that was edible was the chicken and mashed potatoes and desserts.

Anything with seafood was gross. The paella (what they call paella) was nasty. The beef stirfry was blah!

This is the only bad meal I've ever had at Disney! :scared1:

DH and I absolutely hated the food at Kona. The service the night we went was lacking. I heard rave reviews about the Tuna Oscar, but I hated it. The only thing we liked about Kona was the delicious bread.

We enjoyed all of the other restaurants we ate at, except the ABC Comissary. The burgers were yucky and gray :scared1:, IMHO.

We won't be returning to Cap'n Jacks, Chef Mickey's, ABC Commissary, or Rainforest Cafe.

Chef Mickey's for dinner/lunch. The food was very disappointing, even the ice cream bar, which was what the kids were really looking forward to. We were a bit disappointed with Boma, after the in-laws raved about how exotic, etc it was, but we're pretty adventurous eaters and it wasn't much different than what we make at home or eat from neighborhood take out.

We were not big fans of Crystal Palace either, and we thought it was just us. Boma, however, was one of our favs, especially the she-crab soup and the butternut squash soup. To each his own!

We were not huge fans of Coral Reef in February and will not be going back for awhile, or at least until the reviews are not so mixed anymore. Very small portions that were very pricey!

I hate to jump on the bandwagon of 1900 Park Fare disappointees, but I must. It was the worst food we had of the week. It wasn't inedible, just nothing good. Was also very disappointed with service and atmosphere at CP. It was WAAY too hectic in there and the service was deplorable.

I have to agree with this. DH and I are NOT picky eaters at ALL. We will basically eat anything. :laughing: Especially DH. He NEVER complains about food.

We left there and we both agreed it wasn't good. When we got home and were telling MIL about the character meals and he said "The place with the stepsisters was food but Mom the food was nasty." MIL said "Oh lord it must have been BAD!!" :rotfl:

The only thing that was edible was the chicken and mashed potatoes and desserts.

Anything with seafood was gross. The paella (what they call paella) was nasty. The beef stirfry was blah!

I'm still in shock over this, and can't believe I'm saying it, but last Friday, the 10th, SOMETHING was totally off about Chefs de France. This is usually my absolute favorite restaurant, especially the onion soup, and we eat there as our last meal every time we visit, which is usually every two weeks or so. Eating there that frequently, I can honestly say that until Friday I would never have believed I could get a bad meal there!

I wonder if there is a new chef or something? Or maybe it was because we ate dinner there, and we usually do lunch? Anyway, from the beginning of the meal, the rolls were stale (dry and hard, like day old ones), rather than fresh and light on the inside. My very favorite menu item, the onion soup, also tasted off, all four of us love it, and we each ordered one and after a bite or two looked at each other weird - DD11 said "do you think they put soap in there?" It just really tasted like something was left out of the ingredients that morning when it was made. Anyway, with the entrees, my chicken was dry as could be, which is also unusual, as was DH's salmon. On the good side, DD13's short ribs were very good, and well prepared with fresh pasta! DD11's mac and cheese was its usual excellent self as well.

I don't think it was just us, the couple at the table next to us were also local, and were saying the same things about their meal (loudly and to the waiter). The other table near enough to see also left half their meals on the plates, although the only thing they complained about was a dry hamburger on the kids meal.

I'm trying to take the attitude that it was a single off day, since I've never had anything like this happen before, but.... if it happens next time, we may find another "must do every single time" place to eat. I'll be VERY sad if that happens.

Coral Reef, WCC, Cape May Cafe (dinner) and Kona (dinner) all slipped off our "must do" list this year. We had awful meals at CR, Cape May Cafe & WCC; and Kona changed its menu.

This is a good thread. We leave in 2 weeks and i'm rethinking some of my ADR's. Anyone have bad experiences with Narcoossee's, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Jiko, Le Cellier, Boma breakfast, Plaza, LTT, WPC, Yachtsman, Teppen Edo, R&C, Raglan Rd, Tutto Italia, CM breakfast, Kona breakfast?

I really hate to waste $$$$ and time when so many restaurants seem to be going downhill.

thanks!

We found 50s PTC disappointing on our last trip - we had told our in-laws about the fun antics and great atmosphere and we had none of that. It wouldn't prevent me from visiting again, however, I think it's all down to the server you get :thumbsup2

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare(thought it was better before they changed their menu), and the side dishes at Ohana. We are not going to either on our next trip.

Just back from 10 days at the World and had a great time.

We will definitely rework some of our ADRs for our Fall trip though.

What restaurants that you used to love have disappointed you lately?

For us it would have to be Boatwright's and the Pepper Market. The steaks at both were tasteless and tough. Pepper Market is still the best CS option around but we usually eat there multiple times in a trip and this time we only ate there once.

Kona used to be our favorite and is now off of our list of "must do" ADRs as well. They changed their menu and made most of their dessert items chocolate (food allergy for me).

I have to agree with the Pepper Market. Several of the menu items we really liked were gone. They replaced the excellent steak fries with some tasteless, generic thin cuts. No longer had baked potatoes. We also usually eat at PM several times, but only once during a recent 10 day trip!

We returned last week...and it was the most disappointing food week we have ever had at WDW. Nothing stood out as being great and most were average to poor. Even my beloved $8 hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli's seemed off. For that price, it shoud be fantastic!!!

After a few times at the 50's Prime Time, Chef Mickey's & O'Hana's we'll cross those off our list. I ate at Cap'n Jacks once and thought it was terrible.

Great question. We had our anniversary dinner at AP (our favorite place) earlier this month and while it was good - it wasn't great. The service was fair, but the menu changes just left me without a lot of choices. I long for the days of the venison spring rolls, the pork chop with tillamook mac & cheese, and the coffee two ways desert.

OTOH, we've had a great meal at Narcoossee's earlier this year so that may replace AP in our top three (along with YSH and Jiko).

My biggest dissapointment last trip was Crystal Palace. We have always loved CP and we go at least once every trip. I was so disapointed with the food, characters and service.
We also decided that buffets are not for us anymore. We have 2 kids and between getting food for them, for us, taking pictures of characters, and trying to eat...it was too much work! Family Style or sit down meals from now on....well, we are trying Biergarten this time and I forgot that this was buffet style.

I will not do Buffets or more than one Character Meal again!!

I agree.. We were there last week and CP was DISGUSTING. I am not normally a buffet person, but , had done CM in the past and the kids loved it. I have read the 'Rave' reviews about 1900 PF and CP and my DD wanted to do both. Walking into to CP was nice.. after that , it went downhill. I had dirty napkins and untensils under my table. Character interaction was terrible, the buffet was so gross I almost refused to eat. There were people licking fingers and grabbing the spoons.. Kids totally destroyed and made a mess of the desert bar, the food was Lower than Golden Coral Quality and the carved meat was either Dry or Fatty. I would never, ever try this place again.

The next morning we were supposed to have a breakfast at Cape May which we cancelled .. this just put us off Buffets, but we kept our 1900 PF for dinner, another mistake. The food was BETTER than CP by a country MILE.. BUT it was still well below par, the buffet was much cleaner, but the food ranged from average to below average. Same finger licking, nose wiping kids/people , we were seated in the back in a little 'room' seperate from the dining room that had 10 or so tables in it and we missed most of the 'floor' show. Character interaction was OK and made DD happy but overall this place was not worth it at all. Saving Grace of the night is that I could order a glass of wine to get through it , unlike at MK restraunts and the Desert Buffet was clean and nice tasty deserts..

Lastly, Akershus Breakfast, While the food here was actually VERY good, paying 200.00 for eggs and about 7 minutes total of Character time is just not my cup of tea, as we found that in Epcot , when they open, there are princesses galore with little wait time and spent up to 5 minutes with DD and we got great pictures.. However, the service and food here were very good, I was just dissapointed in the Value.. but at least they GIVE you the photo package rather than having to pay for a non-character lousy photo at 1900..

Keep in mind this is just my personal opinion and observation. I just found the buffets to be GROSS.

Really that bad huh?? We went in October and I thought it was really good. With that said however we went with friends (disney newbies) and they seemed very disineterested in it. I thought it was because they are extreme picky eaters. Perhaps it was not as good as I thought. Then again I was so tired of burgers and counter services anything with variety was great. I never realized how much vacationing with friends can affect how you eat.

Just a thought. I wonder if the horrible food and service over the last couple of weeks has to do with the crowds that have been packing in to WDW. I mean, maybe they could not keep up feeding that many people?

Kristine

Just a thought. I wonder if the horrible food and service over the last couple of weeks has to do with the crowds that have been packing in to WDW. I mean, maybe they could not keep up feeding that many people?

Kristine

If it was only the last couple of weeks, I'd probably agree with you, but I think the WDW food and service decline has been occurring for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter