What restaurants do your kids really enjoy (not character meals)

mum2four

DIS Veteran
Hi :wave2:

Heading to WDW in May with our four kids (14, 7, 6, 2.5) and I think I've got all our ADR's set. This is not our first visit to WDW, but it is the first time we'll be doing TS restaurants. I'm trying to make this trip really fun for the kids, so I chose these ADR's based on theme/experience that I thought kids would enjoy. I know some places on my list have mixed reviews, but we're not picky people LOL! We will be in WDW for 8 days.

Here are the ADR's I've made so far:

Rainforest Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
T-Rex
CRT
Be Our Guest
Sci Fi
Tony's (youngest is a HUGE Lady and the Tramp fan)
Boma

So, are there any restaurants I'm overlooking that kids really enjoy (aside from character meals)?

You will have to check the menu for your personal tastes but my wife and I thought the food was good.They have kids choices too.However we are fans of the movie Ratatoille and at various times Remy the little Rat/Chef arrives via maitre d' and interacts with your table.We really loved it.

My boys are 12 and 10 and their favourites are Teppan Edo, California Grill and T-Rex in that order.:thumbsup2

I have boys ages 8 and 9 and the 2 restaurants that they always ask to go back to are Whispering Canyon Cafe and Hoop Dee Doo Review.

You are going to all our favorites! The only 1 we would skip is T-Rex. I am not a DTD fan and the theme is not for us. We love Ohana for dinner too! And WC is great fun for kids but we never seem to include it.

My daughter's favorites, (yearly or more visits from ages 0-13):

Bluezoo
California Grill
Via Napoli
50's Prime Time
Flame Tree
La Cantina
Kona Cafe
Bistro de Paris (haven't been to Monsieur Paul)

Doesn't care for:

Buffets of any kind (other than Cape May)
Chefs de France
Tony's
'Ohana

I think your list looks great!

But another place to consider is the Biergarten.
It's a favourite restaurant of my kids.
Last year we ended up going there twice.
it's pretty easy to get a reservation too.

Who doesn't love to dance to a good oompah band?

My kids 11 & 13 love Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, and Mama Melrose. They also like Crystal Palace breakfast. (but it is a character meal, but well worth it!)

I think my kids favs are all on your list!!
Their ages are now 8,8,10 and have been going since they was all 1 every other yr,

We did Sci-do and Trex for the 1st time last trip which was in October and they LOVED them both so much we cancelled 2 other of are usual ressi's so we could go back to each of them again!

My twins don't eat very much but really enjoy adult tastes like steak lol so at each of the places we ordered them an adult meal and they would share it, at Sci-fi both times we had great servers who split there meal and plated it up for them with extra fries :) even dessert they split perfect ensuring each child got the same amount ( adding extra ice-cream etc in) so I would def ask them to do this for you if your kids don't have huge appetites they even have them extra drink so they wouldn't have to share!

our kids also enjoy teppan eco- but most places you can get the same experience at home. we did morroco last year and the belly dancer took one of the girls up on stage to dance with her- magical- but you can'y plan on that.

I think you choices are fine and you'll have a great time. Taking a few minutes for a nice meal at least once a day...in the air conditioning, with beverage refills is SO worth the added expense if you can swing it! You be pleased, i am sure

Liberty Tree Tavern - my kids love it because it is a homestyle meal.

Rose and Crown - my kids like sitting outside, fish and chips, DS loves the Salmon here.

We have other favorites, most have been spoken of already.

:goodvibes

My kids LOVED Whispering Canyon!! It is SOOO much fun, and kids the ages of yours would have a blast!

My kids also enjoyed 50's Prime Time. The schtick is cute, but my kids turn into total zombies when a TV is on, so I wasn't crazy about this one. There are little TV's at each table, so this one didn't work well for me personally. The kids enjoyed it though.

They love doing the hula at 'Ohana.

Those are probably their favorites that aren't character meals. Whispering Canyon really is a lot of fun. My DH and I enjoyed it too.

We have made three trips to the world so we have not tried everything and have not tried many of the signature places as we prefer more casual dining. When I asked my children which WDW restaurants would they like to go to again, here is their answer:

Les Chefs de France Lunch- liked atmosphere and remi
rainforest café (already on your list) - liked atmosphere
chef mickeys (already on your list)- fun and liked atmosphere
cape may breakfast (character) - good food and fun
crystal palace breakfast (character)- good food and family tradition
50s Prime Time - we had so much fun and good food
Beaches and Cream

We did not care for food at Tony's, Tusker House, Jiko, 1900 fare dinner, or San Angel Inn.
Le Cellier was good for food but atmosphere was a little lacking.

I really liked CRT but for some reason it was not on their list to return to.

I have a feeling they would enjoy California Grill.

Boma was good and interesting but we were staying at AKV. I don't know that I would make a special trip to return there. Although I really want to try Saana.

My DDs liked (for the non-character meals, at least):

Via Napoli
Flying Fish
Jiko
Sanaa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter