• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurant do you miss most?

over50visits

DIS Veteran
Akershus (before the Princesses) was a Norwegian culinary delight, Top of the World an elegant retreat, Teppanyaki's sushi, Bonfamille's .....

I think we miss Papeete Bay Verandah Sunday Brunch in the Polynesian. What a delightful spread, beautiful view, unhurried lunch. Miss it a lot.

What do you miss?

We also miss Bonfamille's! We love POFQ and miss the table service. My dad and brother lived their chicken. I think they ate there 3 times one trip when I was a kid.

Not a restaurant, but a dining experience. I miss when LTT was a character meal. I never understood why they got rid of it-???:confused3

I also wish Tony's would start serving breakfast again. We never got to try it & I think it is such a great spot to have breakfast at MK.

I miss the Diamond Horseshoe dinner show. I was really young, so I don't remember the quality of the food, but I remember having a ball watching the performance. It was always a highlight of our trips. Now when I go in there, I see the empty stage and just feel sad. :sad2:

I miss the old Blue Bayou. Back in the day when lunch prices were reasonable, dinner was more formal, fireflies flickered from the ceiling and the mint julep actually tasted good.

Dd and I were there last January - hadn't been in years - what happened to it??

I knew the prices had skyrocketed, but the mint julep was AWFUL! It was more like minty green bug juice.

I'm glad I was able to take StitchGirl there and relive fond memories. But that's probably the last visit there.

I'm on the East Coast now, anyway. Many more DisRestaurants from which to choose!

I also miss LTT when it was a character meal! I loved the strawberry vinaigrette dressing; I have a copy of the recipe somewhere. Also, The 1900 Park Fare breakfast was much better around 15-20 or so years ago. I loved the special Mary Poppins drink they served.

I miss Alfredo's too. I'm really going to miss Kouzzina's. I'm sad that I can't get back there one more time before it's gone.

Yes,

Spoodles and when the Boardwalk Pizza use to come from Spoodles!!!

LTT Character Meal, Yes!!!

Not a restaurant, but a dining experience. I miss when LTT was a character meal. I never understood why they got rid of it-???:confused3

I also wish Tony's would start serving breakfast again. We never got to try it & I think it is such a great spot to have breakfast at MK.

I AGREE! When I become Ruler of The World I will immediately change this back! Right after I bring peace to the Middle East! :lmao:

LTT used to be so awesome! Now it's...only so/so...at best. :sad:

Akershus (before it was a character meal)
Minnie Mia's Pizzeria
Adventureland Verandah
ABC Soap Opera Bistro

Another vote for the original akershus. It was delicious and unique.

Crystal Palace when it was sort of a upscale cafeteria....WAY WAsy back in the late 1980's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter