What restaurant do you like better for embarkation day?

sahlink

DIS Veteran
We will be on our first cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Looking to decide which restaurant to chose for lunch.
What restaurant do you like better for embarkation day? Enchanted Garden or Cabanas?

We headed straight for Enchanted Garden (even though they were trying to herd us in the direction of Cabanas) and enjoyed it very much. It was still set up as a buffet, but it was a nicer setting. Enjoy your cruise, Fantasy is a beautiful ship.

Enchanted Garden will be more relaxing. Last time we went to Cabanas after embarkation on the Fantasy, I was juggling a plate of food and a kid stopped right in front of me and had a screaming melt down. that wasn't the only "snowflake" we noticed during the meal.

:scratchin

We used to alternate between the two options. I had always prefered the "indoor" restaurant, but then it got too stressful for me (I get stressed very easily). I now prefer Cabanas as we able to pick our own seat (inside or out) and get our own beverages.

Enchanted Garden will be more relaxing. Last time we went to Cabanas after embarkation on the Fantasy, I was juggling a plate of food and a kid stopped right in front of me and had a screaming melt down. that wasn't the only "snowflake" we noticed during the meal.

Couldn't a meltdown happen in Enchanted Garden as well? ;)

I like the informality of Cabanas. Though in fairness I completely avoided EG for everything.

I like stuffing my pie-hole at Cabanas. I know it can be crowded, but Cabana's handles crowds very well and IMHO the station concept works out great and mitigates the crowds. I love the variety and quantity of food at Cabana's and it's one of my favorite places to eat on the Dream & Fantasy. :thumbsup2

Mike

EG MUCH more relaxed--everyone seems to be headed for (or herded to) Cabanas.

Once we saw the mob, we went straight down to EG and had a nice lunch.

I would definitely go to Enchanted Garden, which is what I did on my embarkation day. It was a lot less crowded because everyone else wanted to be up near the pool area. It was a perfect opportunity to look around and appreciate the decor.

We did not like EC for embarkation lunch....we prefer Cabanas. Just personal preference.

MJ

Couldn't a meltdown happen in Enchanted Garden as well? ;)

The little snowflake wouldn't consider allowing her parents to eat in the Enchanted Garden. (She didn't want to eat at all -- she wanted to be on the Aqua Duck.)

I like the informality of Cabanas. Though in fairness I completely avoided EG for everything.

I was considering EG - but chose Cabanas for the open air seating. It was fantastic.

If you can get an outside table up there. We were stuck inside next to another snow flake.

If you can get an outside table up there. We were stuck inside next to another snow flake.

I was just pointing out that meltdowns can happen anywhere. Your reasoning for EG was the meltdown in Cabanas.

Maybe they should just not have the pools open until after sailing is underway. I would imagine having to leave them for Muster results in many meltdowns and the inability for some to hear instructions. No pools to begin with would certainly help in that the dears don't have to leave a fun activity. *runs for cover*

We've always done Cabanas - love sitting outside looking at Port Canaveral and we stuck with the MDRs during sailing anyway, so its one of the few times we go there.

We go to the opposite of what we're offered when we're greeted after getting announced.... Seems to help fight against the crowds.

Has the Dream/Fantasy started offering kid friendly items at Enchanted Garden?

A year ago things like Mac and Cheese and Chicken Strips required a server to go get them from somewhere.

We would prefer E.G. for the embarkation lunch, but the last couple times we went to Cabanas for the kids food....we did not like feeling like we were putting the serversin EG out by making them go get 'special' food from wherever they had to go.

On our first 2 cruises we were herded to Parrot Cay, after that we always headed for topsiders then on the Dream went to Cabanas. the kids just want to swim anyway. We are usually boarded early enough that the crowds are not that bad and we take turns getting food for ourselves and the kids. The kids seem so much older this time that atleast the oldest 2 will pretty much fend for themselves for food and drink and DH and I will take care of the youngest 2. the pools are crazy and snowflakes are everywhere, everyday, anytime of day. The majority of the kids on the cruise are off their normal schedule, over tired and over stimulated mine included! I am hoping for a record low for snowflakes on our upcoming cruise. Wish me luck! pixiedust:

I was just pointing out that meltdowns can happen anywhere. Your reasoning for EG was the meltdown in Cabanas. Maybe they should just not have the pools open until after sailing is underway. I would imagine having to leave them for Muster results in many meltdowns and the inability for some to hear instructions. No pools to begin with would certainly help in that the dears don't have to leave a fun activity. *runs for cover*
I wouldn't cruise disney if that were the case. It was the only time we could swim the whole cruise because it was overcrowded the rest of the trip.

We went and swam first and then ate poolside after. That's when the kids discovered that Mac and cheese and ate it all.blessed.trip.

I went to EG last time, and regretted it. The lines were horrible! We each got a plate of food, and decided it was crazy to wait in a 15-minute long line. We went up to Cabanas, and had a much quicker lunch. Granted, Cabanas was WAY more hectic, but it had minimal to no lines for food. With young kids, I'd reccomemd EG. If you have older kids that can handle the hustle and bustle of Cabanas, definitely go to Cabanas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter