What resort would you stay in if

dean556

Can't wait to get back
It was just you and your 6 yr old daughter? DH is gonna let me and dd take a weekend get away:banana: in Feb.so me and dd can get our Dis fix till nov.when we are taking our family trip.We will be flying for the first time.Where would you stay?

Thamks
Vicki

Probably Poly. You would have easy access to MK, which is great for kids of that age, but also easy access to Epcot via the monorail at TTC. They have a nice zero access pool as well.

I would opt for the YC. I think by far the greatest pool on Disney property. Your DD will love it. A lot to do over that way as well. The Poly definitely has its advantages as well as fla4fun said. Either would be a great choice. Have fun:thumbsup2

Whats your budget....

For deluxe....WL or Poly.....pick one you haven't tried....(scout mission);)
moderate....POFQ....small resort....all rooms close to everything.
great themed pool for little ones.

value....I have only stayed at POP....good value.
Happy planning
Kerri

Hi Vicki,

I have visited EVERY Disney resort. Tell me what you are looking for and I'd love to help you choose a resort. Which parks do you plan to visit? How important is a pool? Do you want to do activities at the resort? Are you using the resort as just a place to crash?

Love to help! Kirsten:goodvibes

It never occured to me to ask about what she is looking for and her budget. You guys are good. I guess when I start posting more I will learn to ask these questions.

value - Pop
moderate - POR, POFQ
deluxe - WL, CR, Polyn

since the Mk will be your theme park with a 6 year old

Without concerns for budget, I'd stay at the Poly. Proximity to MK, Monorail access to Epcot, and to GF and CR for meal reservations. The grounds are beautiful, the pools look gorgeous. That would be my choice.

BTW, I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it were me and a kid for a short weekend getaway, and money were no object, I'd do CR tower, MK view. Walking distance to MK, easy monorail access, and magical view. In February, you may not be able to swim, so I wouldn't let pool figure into the equation; your DD might be disappointed if you pick a resort because of its great pool and then it's 45 degrees the whole time. (BTW, Poly is my favorite, but in these circumstances I'd do CR).

Less expensive choices, in descending order of preference and cost, would be WL, AKL, POFQ, ASMo.

Let us know what you decide.

If no budget, I would stay at the Poly. We loved it! My daughter is 5. She did however mention that she would loooove to stay in the gingerbread house. The Grand Floridian would be a beautiful mommy/daughter weekend. Sooooo girly and sweet.

If it's in the budget, I'd definitely choose the GF--and book afternoon tea!

I'd definitely stay in either a WDW deluxe or the Swan or Dolphin because of the indoor corridors. Personally, I stay in the Swan or Dolphin and use the dollar savings for extra goodies.

I would go for Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there this summer and it was fabulous. What really got me was the wildlife here, we saw hummingbirds, deer, an armadillo and loadsabunnies. The place is gorgeous and the pool was nice too.

Its close to MK (boatride) and the Whispering canyon meal was a good laugh for kids. You can walk to fort wilderness as well for hay rides etc and it was a nice walk to there (bus available as well). Buses were good to all parks and the staff were among the friendliest I have met at WDW.

Enjoy your trip.

WL - boat ride way from MK Or, CR if that is in your price range.

I would choose a moderate or a lower priced deluxe like WL or AKL. For a moderate I would choose POFQ - its the smaller of the moderates. If you can afford it - a higher end deluxe like Poly or GF would be fun. Personally for 2 people I wouldn't break the bank - I'd wait until I could fill the room at a deluxe w/the rest of my family. But a mother daughter trip to GF is tempting. Have fun whichever you choose.

I've had two get aways with just my DS to WDW! You will have such a magical time! It is the best bonding time ever. We stayed at the WL, and POR riverside. Both were lots of fun. Since it sounds like you have been before, and will go again fairly soon, your resort choice won't be as critical as someone who may not go again anytime soon. The GF sounds wonderful, (definately do the tea!) but your six year old may not appreciate the splurge (which sounds like it may be- or you would have just booked it!) so I'd do the lower end deluxe or moderates. Which I prefer, only for the beds! The values are cute, and kids love them.The savannah rooms are awesome at AKL, or the WL is fun to stay at too with less of a dent to your budget than the other deluxes. Good luck!!
Let us know what you do!

Well we have decieded on CSR ,my dd fell in love with the playground. lol
I told her we are going to Disney we won't have much time for the playground she says yes we will just add an extra day. lol gotta love her
Told her to talk her daddy into it.
Next step is to get plane tickets we have never flown before.any tips??
thanks so much

I just got back from The Dolphin with my DS7 - just a quick mommy & me trip. I would vote to stay in the Epcot Resort area - Dolphin, Swan, Yacht Club, Beach Blub or Boardwalk Inn/Villas - you have easy walking access to Epcot, MGM & The Boardwalk, and boats run every few minutes between all of those & the resorts as well. We loved loved loved going to a park all day & then strolling around the Boardwalk at night, or taking a quick walk over to Epcot. DS7 loved the KidCot mask making in World Showcase, so each night we'd head to Epcot just to work on his mask in a country or 2. There were great dining & snack options all over this resort area, and especially on The Bordwalk. Every night there are fabulous magicians & comedians doing small shows for children up & down The Boardwalk, DS7 begged to watch them each night. I can't imagine NOT staying in that resort area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter