What Resort Will You NEVER stay at again and why??

CSR the resort grounds are very well themed but I don't feel the Disney vibe there. I think that with all the conventions you have lots of non Disney guests who have not let go of their rush rush rest of the world ways.
it would have been nice if hadn't the bar and lounge in the lobby area since it attracts an adult vibe that as an adult I can appreciate but I don't think a family coming from the parks would. If they had put the bar and lounge in the convention area it would be available to guests but not in your face available. While there I've seen adults drinking beer from glass bottles hanging out at the pools someone really should enforce cups since broken bottles could be bad for anyone.

Here are the resorts we have stayed at, some of them more than once.

CBR, POR, CSR, YC, BC, SSR, Poly, WL, BLT, (and Pop)

Honestly, there isn't one of them that I would never stay at again. We have had our ups and downs at some of them, but for the most part, in our experience, I think they are all pretty swell.

Everytime I go to Disney I feel blessed to be able to go! I can't think of one hotel that I wouldn't stay at. Sure, there are small insignificant things about certain resorts that I don't like, but I have learned not to sweat the small stuff.

I'm still in the most magical place on Earth!!

My reply is a little different than everyone elses.I will probably never stay at the poly again.We absolutely love the place ,I think it is landscaped beautifully,love the location, the atmosphere,and being on the monorail.However the price has just gone crazy at this resort.In 01 we stayed for less than 200 a night with taxes on a pin.You can't even begin to come close to that now.Alas I think I have had my last stay at this wonderful resort!My family has just been priced out!:sad1:

Coronado Springs I can't say that I wouldn't stay there but I will do everything I can to keep from staying there. The Pepper Market was confusing the first day but we always had good service and food for out 11 days this past december. I enjoyed the resort theme and wasn't bothered by it being a convention resort, I can see it being more of a problem here b/c the resort is spread out more b/c of it. My issues w/ this resort was basic cleanliness we arrived in the middle of the night the room for the most part was clean except one of the beds had hair all over it as well as the tub. Mousekeeping did come out and clean the bath room and change the bed and I could have gotten past that except at the walkway to the building we stayed at there was broken glass there for the entire trip at some point someone must have brushed it into the grass b/c I saw it was moved but not picked up. This was very disappointing after making comments to several workers around the area on numerous days as well as at the front desk. Too many small kids around for broken glass to be left for such a long period of time. I didn't have to much of an issue w/ buses as my older dd and I only used it one night to go back to MK for EEMH it was a long wait especially since it was cold out but that was the only park that was running slow and that could have just been an isolated incident.

My favorite resort has been AK, I was very surprised by this as I really didn't think I would like it just b/c of the distance and buses only. The bus service there was wonderful and it was the shortess bus ride to MK from any of the resorts that I have stayed and I've stayed at all of the values and the only mod I haven't been too is CBR. Again we were there in dec so we didn't check out the pool but everything else was wonderful.

My reply is a little different than everyone elses.I will probably never stay at the poly again.We absolutely love the place ,I think it is landscaped beautifully,love the location, the atmosphere,and being on the monorail.However the price has just gone crazy at this resort.In 01 we stayed for less than 200 a night with taxes on a pin.You can't even begin to come close to that now.Alas I think I have had my last stay at this wonderful resort!My family has just been priced out!:sad1:

I agree we stayed there in July of 06 it was six of us in a room 4adults and 2 kids 5 and 2 w/ the ddp for eight days for between 5 and 6k now I will pay that or more just for my family of 4 even before my oldest became considered an adult. It is depressing b/c w/ my dd's special needs its like the perfect resort for transportation and so on. Maybe one day I can stay there again.

Wilderness Lodge (Club)

On our last morning, I took a 7:00am walk to take photos, and the pool area was full of soda cans and drink cups from the night before. There were dirty towels everywhere. The pool was full of ducks (hope that the filters were working well).

Our stay was during early November - a slow period, and the resort was not crowded. Daily outdoor cleanup and room/equipment maintenance shouldn't have been an issue.

Hate to break it to you but most pools have ducks who sneak in, especially in the early morning. Walking around GF there were ducks in the pool, as were there ducks in OKW's pool. I don't mind. But just wanted to point that out as its not a WL-only type thing.

I completely agree! The Poly is just not worth the crazy high prices. We loved staying on the monorail, but I'd rather stay at GF or Contemporary for the price. Although, we're not able to afford any of them this year. Although, if I was offered a free stay, I wouldn't turn it down.

I wasn't impressed with All Star Movies. My fiance and I stayed there this past July and I thought it would be a fun and "cheap" way to stay and do Disney while he was there to visit me during my CP. Granted it wasn't too noisy at night (we were in the Love Bug section on the third floor) but the food court was an absolute ZOO in the morning! When we got to our room it wasn't cleaned very well (some questionable areas in the bathroom, trash left over in the drawers from previous guests, room trash not emptied completely). A couple times in our stay we had come back from the parks at 6 and the room STILL had not been cleaned (had to call mousekeeping a couple of times). We were leaving MK one night and the bus stop was FILLED with BTGs (brazillian tour groups) all going to All Stars and they literally filled the entire bus and the 10 of us that were left had to wait for the next bus (granted they got us on the bus going to All Star Sports and they just ended up stopping at every section of the resort). I know that the bus problem may not be a resort thing and because I had been working down there for a few months I shoulda thought about the fact that there were a ton of tour groups there that week, but you live and learn. Not to mention the room was incredibly dated for my taste and needed some refurbishment (maybe not all the rooms were dated idk).

Needless to say, will not be staying here during our visit in March and probably won't again anytime soon.

I completely agree! The Poly is just not worth the crazy high prices. We loved staying on the monorail, but I'd rather stay at GF or Contemporary for the price. Although, we're not able to afford any of them this year. Although, if I was offered a free stay, I wouldn't turn it down.

We stayed at the CR 4 years ago for less than 200 a night with a deal from travelocity.It actually really worked out super, got bumped up to club level.Really enjoyed that trip,got home and looked at what a room on that level went for and almost fell over.Anyhow if I could get a room at the contemporary for under 200 a night I would do it again.Now if I got a free room it would be at the poly!

I will never stay at All Star Sports again. Spent one night there, and just hated it. DIdn't like how noisy it was, and didn't like the size of the room. It's the only value we have stayed at. May try Pop at some point, but not sure about the others. I also won't be rushing back to stay at OKW. We didn't like the feel of it, didn't like that we were on the top floor with no elevator. The room was rather dirty. The outside hallways and steps were disgusting. We walked over the same squished frog on the step for an entire week. And there was a puddle right outside our door that had turned green, so it was rather dangerous trying to get in and out with a toddler. It didn't feel very Disney to us. We had a studio, but I may consider going back for a bigger unit, as the size can't be beat.

Of the 3 values we have stayed in we will not return to ASMusic. We found it to be kinda "drab" compared to the other 2 and we were given a room cat. that I didn't know about until we got to it.
We also were not fans of AKL and will not return to it again. Dark and crowded rooms with huge furniture.

Hate to break it to you but most pools have ducks who sneak in, especially in the early morning. Walking around GF there were ducks in the pool, as were there ducks in OKW's pool. I don't mind. But just wanted to point that out as its not a WL-only type thing.

Well if they would just start a blanket policy of checking everyone's resort IDs and issuing wrist bands this type of behavior might stop. - LOL

Not a fan of CSR with its sprawling layout and overpriced Pepper Market, nor will we be returning to the Poly where we didn't care for the service which was downright rude at times, the austere hallways or the very crowded pool that hadn't been skimmed for quite a while. Both DH and I finished our evening swim in the volcano pool absolutely covered in dead bugs. Gross! I'd rather share a pool with ducks.

Boardwalk Inn. No foodcourt options except for the BW itself. We just didn't feel at home like we usually do at the POR or POFQ.

We'll never stay at POR again since you can't guarantee your theme. I wanted to stay in the Alligator Bayou section - it looks really cool, but I REALLY didn't want to stay in the mansions since I don't like the froo froo look. Of course we ended up in the Mansions! The theme is one of the reasons I'd stay at a Disney resort so next time I'll pick a hotel where the theme is one I can be sure of.

boardwalk. worst customer service of any resort i've stayed at. i'm a disney veteran and had never had an experience that has made me think "never again" for disney until our stay there. it was mainly customer service issues and if any one of them alone had happened i could have rolled along but it was a cluster (insert bad word here) and to make it worse we were club level so it was an expensive negative experience. and to give you a comparison and make my point i will also say that despite having someone do a hit and run on the rear end of my car leaving it totally crunched then slinking away without letting anyone know or leaving a note at the poly this summer i'd still stay there...so when i say never to the boardwalk because of costumer service i mean it was a really bad experience.

I do not place high expectations on any resort. The common complaints are too big, too run down, poor bus service, poor housekeeping. But not for
me. Yes, I have encountered some problems but I have never stayed at a WDW resort that I would not stay at again. In fact, it was my first visit at a resort that gave me the resort only bug and that was AsMu. I had to stay off site once. Stayed at Doubletree in DTD. Now that particular hotel I will not stay at again!

Speaking on behalf of DP:

the Disney Inn.

Because we're not eligible.

For me, it's the BCV. Don't get me wrong, it was nice, but very over priced, & overrated. Yes, it was convenient to walk to Epcot, & get over to the Boardwalk for dinner, but the bus service from this resort to and from anywhere is a joke, especially after 6pm....5 resorts on the same bus is crazy, took 1+ hours to get back to the resort from any of the parks, & especially long (1.5 hours) to get back from the Disney Marketplace. Yacht & Beach Clubs should have their own bus!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter