What resort do you stay at when staying off site?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
Were going to Disney for 4 days and Universal for 1 day in January. We want to stay off site so we can have a full kitchen! I also would like to stay as close as possible. Which resorts have you stayed at and which do you enjoy??

We have fallen in love with the Sheraton Vistana Resort. My August trip report (see the link in my signature) has lots of photos of our two bedroom, two bathroom villa, the resort amenities (pools, playgrounds, Marketplace, etc.) and the grounds (fountains, ponds) if you want to check it out.

I have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Vacation Village at Parkway. Both are super close to WDW (WBC is actually inside the Disney gates). Both condos are large and beautifully decorated. The pools at WBC are amazing and WBC has more activities than VV@P has, so it has more of a resort feel. We spent most of our time in the parks so we really didn't use the amenities at either location much. We were happy with both properties and would stay at either of them again. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose WBC first due to it's location.

We really like Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is a great location for the WDW portion of your vacation. We've stayed there twice and are staying again in early October.

Well as you can see from my counter we love Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Actually we just stayed there for the first time this past May, but we fell in love with it and can't imagine staying anywhere else now. I'll be there solo tomorrow (Sept 14th-22nd):cool1: then with family again in Dec, then again in May.:rotfl:

We love Bonnet Creek, and feel the units are nicer than most of Disney's vacation villas for a fraction of the cost. We have 12 nights this December for 900.00. I agree with above poster, the pools are great. We also love being so close to the parks.

Were going to Disney for 4 days and Universal for 1 day in January. We want to stay off site so we can have a full kitchen! I also would like to stay as close as possible. Which resorts have you stayed at and which do you enjoy??

I've stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages, Marriott Grande Vista and the Westgate Towers. I would NEVER stay at any Westgate properties again, ever. As you can see from my signature I am a HUGE fan of the MGV. They have hotel rooms, 1 bedrooms with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 3 bedrooms (the latter two come with full kitchens) the 1,2 and 3 bedrooms all come with a washer and dryer. I have stayed there 8 times in 7 years so as you can see I love it. Its on International Drive about 2 minutes from SeaWorld.

mind are all timeshares - do stay in regular hotels - but not w/full kitchen

Holiday Inn Orange Lake west die - when it was still Orange Lake
Sheraton Vistana Resort - stayed twice
Byran's Spanish Cove
Cypress Pointe
Cypress Harbour (Marriott)
Great Beach
Festiva Orlando Resort (was Celebration world resort) - stayed here multiple times it was one of the few (at the time the only one in Orlando) that allowed pets
Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Seaworld
Sabal Palms (Marriott)
Vacation Villas at Parkway - this is a nice resort - not sure why it is not more popular besides the strange 2-bedroom
Westgate Vacation Villas - this place started accepting pets a couple of years ago - so if I don't stay at Disney and this one is for rent will take it - that say Westgate sales people are the worst - they will actually bother you at your villa.....

Wynham Bonnet Creek - did not like it as much as I hoped too.

also all the DVC resorts in WDW

My favorites are Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Marriott's Grande Vista. I like a place that feels like a resort, but I don't want to pay Disney prices, and these two come closest to it as far I'm concerned.

(I've also stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort, Cypress Pointe Grand Villas and Windsor Hills.)

We have stayed at many timeshares over the years and have our favorites. We like the new Hilton Parc Soleil and our favorite Marriott is cypress harbor. You can't lose if you go with a name brand like Marriott or Hilton. So nice, all that room, and your vacation dollar goes farther. It's all good.

I liked the Sheraton Vistana when we stayed there. Also, really love the Caribe Royale. They have 2 bedroom "villas" (really suites) with king bed and 2 person jacuzzi in the master (full master bath too), plus second bedroom with 2 queen beds and their own full bath, full kitchen, dining, living room which has a pull out. Plus full housekeeping service daily, which is my issue with several of the townhouse rentals, etc, I like the resort feel and the daily housekeeping is part of that for me. Great pool (actually 2 pools), resort activities. The 2 bedroom runs about $200 a night, which for us is worth it to have our own space and for the kids to have their own beds (2 teen girls in 1 bed = FIGHTING). It is next door to the Buena Vista Suites, which I have heard good and bad about, right on World Drive so within 10 minutes drive of any of the disney parks, about 10 minutes to Seaworld (I use I drive instead of 4 to get there), and about 15 minutes to Universal.

My sister lived in Windsor Palms for a year when she first moved to Florida, and that is a nice area for Disney parks, but a bit farther from MK/Epcot/DTD and quite a bit longer to the other parks (non disney)

Another Windsor Hills vote! The condo's are so nice and have individual owners, a great pool & playground for the kids! It is only about 5 minutes from Disney & you can find the 3 bedroom condo's for as low as $ 89.00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter