What resort do you absolutely have NO desire to stay at?

I don't have much desire to stay at the All Star resorts, except possibly the suites. The themes just seem way too loud and frenetic.

AKL. I like the idea of animals outside the rooms, but there's no way I want to spend Deluxe money for mod-size rooms and no easy access to any park. A large part of the deluxes for me is convenience and AKL doesn't have it.

CBR -- Just seems to large to me.

Any of the Value's I can't take the cattle call/motel type feel.

ITA. After staying at POR last year, I think even the moderates may be pushing it for me. I'm an admitted hotel snob, though. I travel a lot for work and I'm used to staying in nice places. I can't imagine downgrading to a motel type setting for vacation when I get to stay in nice places for work.

I like the look of the All-Stars (haven't stayed at one yet) but I don't think we would ever pick Sports... if just doesn't interest us.

Caribbean Beach also doesn't interest us, it looks so huge and spread out and I am not a fan of the room interiors.

I have a couple: Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. I know a lot of people love them, but in from the pictures they look like badly furnished homes of people around 80 years old.

Oh, I almost forgot about the Art of Animation resort. I love Disney, but to me this resort looks like Disney was vomited up on it. Sorry to everyone who loves it!:scared:

I think I am in the minority but i have no desire to stay at WL, being from Canada it reminds me of our winters up here which I try to escape from! lol
it reminds me too much of great wolf lodge.

We are from Washington State and my family feels the same way, even thinking it is like the Great Wolf Lodge. But we are staying there next week, we got a pin and it was good either there or CBR, didn't want double beds so WL it is. I hear it is great around Christmas!

I wouldn't say there's any resort I have NO desire to stay at, but there are some that don't particularly excite me. CSR, the theme doesn't look too exciting, and it's more expensive than the other mods being a convention center. ASSports, I don't like sports and definitely don't like the idea of giant sports icons all around me (love the other Values though!) Yacht/Beach Club, I'm from MA and the whole Cape Cod/Coastal New England theme is a norm around here, I feel like it wouldn't be a very good theme for me to "escape" to. With all this said, I too would love to stay at all the resorts, and there's no resort I dislike enough to not stay there as long as I'm at Disney!!! I like to stay open-minded anyway. I didn't find the idea of CR too appealing, but since I've stayed there I love it and hope to stay there again some day!

That's so funny re: the reason why you wouldn't stay YC/BC (because of the theming resembling the area where you live. That's the same exact reason I never wanted to stay @ the BWI-(I live approx 30 min either way of A.C. (NJ) or Seaside & I live 5 min away from LBI. We just finally stayed @ the BWI this last trip, & while we loved it, we booked BC (our fav) for our next trip.
It's a beautiful resort (BWI) but it does remind us a little too much like home!

Not interested in the Values because of the smaller beds, seems like a far walk to everything
CSR seems too much of a convention resort

I think I would consider POFQ if I stayed in a mod.

I've learned that when it comes to Disney-Never say Never! Lol

Let's see. For us:

All Stars - we stayed at ASMo and I don't really feel the need to try the other two.

CBR - I have really no desire to try this one. Add my lack of interest to the fact that we would need two rooms - no thanks!

SSR & OKW - I don't have anything against either of these and my two of my great friends love love SSR. But for us to fit at either of these, we have to get a 2 Bedroom Villa or a Tree House. The 1 Bedroom only sleeps 4. I think that is crazy. If I was going to spend what a 2 bedroom costs, I would pick a different resort. My kids really want to stay in one of the tree houses. So if I hit the lottery, I might rethink SSR.

I think I am game for trying all of the others. I don't necessarily feel like I have to stay at the DVC resorts if I already stayed on the hotel side. So that might be considered cheating as I am checking them off my list! :confused3

Let's see. For us:

All Stars - we stayed at ASMo and I don't really feel the need to try the other two.

CBR - I have really no desire to try this one. Add my lack of interest to the fact that we would need two rooms - no thanks!

SSR & OKW - I don't have anything against either of these and my two of my great friends love love SSR. But for us to fit at either of these, we have to get a 2 Bedroom Villa or a Tree House. The 1 Bedroom only sleeps 4. I think that is crazy. If I was going to spend what a 2 bedroom costs, I would pick a different resort. My kids really want to stay in one of the tree houses. So if I hit the lottery, I might rethink SSR.

I think I am game for trying all of the others. I don't necessarily feel like I have to stay at the DVC resorts if I already stayed on the hotel side. So that might be considered cheating as I am checking them off my list! :confused3

Just fyi, if you rent DVC points, they can book 5 people in a 1 bedroom.

YIKES!!! My friend and I are booked at All Star Movies in January for the marathon and now I'm worried...so many people say no way!! My friend is on a strict budget and its all she could afford. I'm going in not expecting much...that way I can't be disappointed..right!

I have no desire to stay at GF, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary and POR. I've stayed at CBR and NEVER again!!! Way too big! I also said we wouldn't stay at WL, but got a great deal for next August so we booked it. I'm from MN so the theme never appealed to me, it took me a while..but not I'm really looking forward to staying there.

I would say the any of the values. Would I say no if it was the only way we could go on a budget?? Probably not, but the big icons, and sharing a double bed do absolutely nothing for me.

Deluxes I don't think I would never say no to one, but just seems like an obscene amount of money for us being in the parks all day.

We stayed at POR for the our first and only trip so far, and fell in absolute love. I am not sure if I can stray from there. It just felt like home :goodvibes

POP

AoA (have actually stayed here)

These are the only two I would actively avoid.

I've no desire to stay at Grand Floridian either.

YIKES!!! My friend and I are booked at All Star Movies in January for the marathon and now I'm worried...so many people say no way!! My friend is on a strict budget and its all she could afford. I'm going in not expecting much...that way I can't be disappointed..right!

I have no desire to stay at GF, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary and POR. I've stayed at CBR and NEVER again!!! Way too big! I also said we wouldn't stay at WL, but got a great deal for next August so we booked it. I'm from MN so the theme never appealed to me, it took me a while..but not I'm really looking forward to staying there.

I prefer the MOD level but have done three Value stays. About to do my first stay at AllStar Sports in March.

If you go in knowing that it is a basic room/food court/pool not hot tub type of hotel and not a 'resort' type of hotel you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter