What resort do you absolutely have NO desire to stay at?

Values
Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge - I know lots of people love it but the whole theme just doesn't do it for me. When I'm in Florida I want it to feel sunny/tropical!

Any of the values or moderates. Of the deluxe and/or dvc resorts only ssr does not appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Values - I like a bit of luxury on my vacations. They also seem too busy/loud for me.

DVC - I don't want to cook or do dishes laundry while on vacation...and I *do* want daily housekeeping.

Beach Club - that lobby is a zoo. Also I live in Florida so the whole beach theme isn't a big draw for me.

Values - too loud, spread out and double beds.

Caribbean beach - double beds

Fort wilderness

Values- all of them
Mods- all but CSR

Deluxes- AKL, SSR, OKW, FW, GF, CR, BLT. I have stayed at GF and AKL and don't really have a desire to return.

AS sports
AS music
CBR
CSR
GF- we will try the villas but not the main resort

I love being surprised by Disney! Never thought we would like SSR or OKW, just like many of you have said. This year had 2 free nights at SSR and loved the resort, especially the Paddock area. As far as OKW, we stayed here in order to squeeze an extra trip in with limited points. The rooms are HUGE!!!!! It is the most relaxing resort I've stayed in to date, and my DS11 has requested it over BLT for a future trip :) You'd be surprised what you like if you try it!

Grand Floridian, have toured the rooms, UGH ... terrible. I know some people love it ... but I honestly can't believe people would pay to stay in those rooms.

My DH says that the only two resorts we ever need to stay in are the BC and WL. :)

I have no desire to stay at the CR, SSR, any of the mods except maybe POFQ, and at any value. We have stayed at all of the deluxe resorts except AK and really only want to stay where we know we'll be happy. so I guess I agree with DH about just staying at two resorts;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Here's my list:

GF...too stuffy for us

any All Star....although we would stay here if money was tight and it was the only way to afford to go to WDW

Ft Wilderness....I dislike camping, even if it was in a cabin. No thanks.

and....don't flame me.....Boardwalk. That clown pool gives me the heebie jeebies. :scared:

For us, we def avoid the Values. I also have no interest in CBR and SSR. Oh and the GF main resort. We're staying at the villas in May, but I have no desire to stay in the regular rooms.

I think they are all nice enough, but I wouldn't choose to go back to the All Stars or POR. OKW is another one I wouldn't pick, although I LOVE SSR, so maybe I'd like OKW, I think they are kind of similar. Also the Fort Wilderness campgrounds, just because I don't like camping, though the cabins are nice. Other than that, I'd be fine with any of them!

Question out of curiosity and for fun...I know there are a lot of threads about your "dream resort" etc...but recently, my family and I were discussing what resorts are at the bottom of our list to try. :upsidedow

We have been on a quest to try all Disney resorts and are running out of options now. :rotfl:

Our absolute favorite is the WL. It's just everything we could possibly hope for in a resort -- absolutely magical. For our trip next year, we wanted to stay at the Poly, until word came about all of the construction. :crazy2:

So, we were left trying to figure out where to stay and because we've stayed at quite a few, finding a new one to get excited about was hard we found. The ones remaining on our list (with the exception of the Poly) just don't excite us. So, we have decided to break our "no resort twice" rule and we are headed back to the WL.

Besides, we know that goal of staying at every resort probably won't happen because there are just some that we have no desire to go to. For us, those would be

1) Fort Wilderness
2) Coronado Springs

What resorts are on your "I don't want to" List? :goodvibes

One word: Contemporary.

I'm sure it looks great inside, but when you pass through it on the Monorail, it looks like a cheap heap of concrete and awkward, faded rugs prints all over. Just, uber gross. Not something I'd want to see every morning to get to the parks. :crazy2:

No Value Resorts-I had never tried them so last summer we did PoP one night pre DCL and AllStar Sports one night post. Now I can say, been there, done that, not going back.

AKL or AK Villas- just not a fan of the location or quite honestly, animals....

CBR-just too large
Which brings me to

OKW,SSR and FW-these resorts where you have to take a bus to get to the bus are not for me...

Granted I haven't been yet but...

I wouldnt stay at a value.. only thing that really bugs me about them are the huge statues. Now I think they'd be fun with kids. I would maybe consider staying at AoA or POP, but I most likely wouldnt.

I wasn't a huge fan of how SSR and OKW resorts looked in pictures. Now, is obviously stay there over a value or if it was my only option

AliceandAriel said:
One word: Contemporary.

I'm sure it looks great inside, but when you pass through it on the Monorail, it looks like a cheap heap of concrete and awkward, faded rugs prints all over. Just, uber gross. Not something I'd want to see every morning to get to the parks. :crazy2:

I agree with this!! I plan on visiting it because I really really want to stay there, bit something about the monorail going through the resort...I don't know....lol

For me it would be POP and OKW. POP because I don't like the rooms. They look too dark. OKW becuase there is really no food court area besides the Turtle Bar.

OKW has a great food place by the pool called Goods to Go :)

There are several resort I do not have a desire to stay at or doesn't hold much appeal to me.

I want to say no values what so ever but that is only because I have been spoiled by our DVC with deluxe resorts. Once you go deluxe you never want to go back. At least that is how I feel.

Out of the resorts we have tried. I do not want to return to Pop. I didn't enjoy our stay there because I missed the hot tub and I didn't like the big pieces of decorations but I have many great pool memories with our kids there and I did like their food court.

Boardwalk Villas - Love our room and the Boardwalk view. I hate the counter service options here. I know Epcot was close but it seemed far when we were there. At the time we stayed there wasn't a self serve refill station this turned me off, now there is the boardwalk bakery self serve station so that may lure me back. But over the last trip we didn't get refill mugs and brought water & soda and it worked out great so that may be void now. I would rather stay a BCV for Epcot.

Caribbean Beach - never again, I hated it. The food court was terrible. The food court is a big deal to me when my family just wants to hang at the resort.

We are DVC and I have yet to cook in the kitchen on vacation and I do not plan to unless we go to Vero Beach or Hilton Head. I do love the fridge in our room to keep drinks cold, lol !

I also like the space of the 1 bedroom DVC and the second bathroom at AKV Kidani and BLT is great for getting everyone shower and going in the morning for our family of 4. Love the one bedrooms at both these resort for this reason.

I would like to try GFV and OKW. I am not sure though.

Wilderness Lodge doesn't remind me of Great Wolf Lodge. So glad my kids are older and they have zero desire to return to great wolf lodge. I hate that place, gives me the willies and terrible service.

I agree with this!! I plan on visiting it because I really really want to stay there, bit something about the monorail going through the resort...I don't know....lol

Could be because I always stayed there as a kid but I love the CR. The Monorail going through is whats "magical" lol.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest