What resort are you going to stay on your honeymoon?

pluto's fan--- Thanks for the congrats... as you can see i am counting the days!! hehe
:teeth:

Congrats to all on your upcoming weddings and honeymoons!

I missed this one! But I will chime in anyway!

At first we were getting slack about where we are staying for our Disney Honeymoon! Then they all converted! Our first "married" night we are staying at the GF, then we are moving to the Fort Wilderness Campground for the rest of the week. We have an RV and love to stay there when we go for longer stays. We have stayed in most of the hotels but there is nothing like the campground! I can't wait! We even have some that booked cabins to stay near us!

Besides, the RV is WAY nicer than most think. It is a Marriott on wheels, not like we are roughing it at all!

Jenny

I've always wanted to stay in a RV. I love getting the horse and carriage ride at Xmas during the evening at Fort Wilderness and seeing all the wonderful RV's and their Xmas Decorations.

Sounds like you're gonna have a blast of a honeymoon :)

oh Sam! it truly is the best! we love it! I tried to post a pic of us with the RV checking into the campground but it won't work. We have a "hidden mickey" on the back!

How do I post a photo!!!

We are staying at POR for 5 nights and 6 days.

This is my first time staying on the property...I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

Jenny

I upload my photos that I want to post to www.photobucket.com then I copy and paste the img tag over here. Let me know if you need more help.

Or you can just post a link.

We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for our honeymoon from June 20-25! I'm so excited, this will be my first trip to Disney and my FI's second (only been to Epcot though) so it will be a great adventure for both of us. I can't wait to relax and take it easy, this will be our first vacation together and we've been together for almost 6 years!

We honeymooned in WDW and stayed at the WL. It was truly wonderful!! We stayed at the AKL for our anniversary trip last year and it was fabulous!! We had a savannah view and it was totally amazing!! Have wonderful weddings and honeymoons!!

Annissa:earsgirl:

We're going for 11 days at the Contemporary Resort. We're doing the Gold Plan so our schedule is chalk full! We can't wait!

We will be staying at the new Saratoga Springs Resort for our honeymoon in September.

I'm cheap...DH and I are hardly in the room anyway. We've been married for 13 years so no need to stay "locked up" at Disney! ;) We will be renewing our vows on our 15th and once again "honeymooning" at Disney at the Allstar Music resort. I REALLY like that resort and probably will ALWAYS stay there til the urge comes over me to stay at the AKL. I just cannot justify in my mind the rate for the room for the little time I will be in it. :faint: :headache: One day it will happen though. Maybe for only a couple of days and then DH and I will go right back to the Allstars! :teeth:

We are staying at GF in a concierge honeymoon site on the Clarendon-sp? level.
I can't wait!! I love DW. My Fi has only been once.
Good luck everyone!:bride: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

We will be in WDW May 9th-16th. After 8 days in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, we will be staying at Coronado Springs for 6 days! We are so excited! Best of luck on all your honeymoons!:Pinkbounc

We are staying in one of the villas in Old Key West......the whirlpool tub in the villa is what I am most looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my wife are staying in the Poly Resort for 5 nights and then we're gonna transfer to Shades of Green for the rest of the time because there's so much to do in Orlando!!!!:bounce: ::yes::

We got back Friday from our last trip and have been researching the wedding and honeymoon whilst out there. We saw the Pavillion and had a great chat with the wedding co-ordinator, although the only thing that puts me off is the 2 hour photography session for only 12 photos. There is only going to be me and H2B at the wedding and 2 hours of photography is far too long for just the two of us.

We viewed four resorts whilst on the trip too, AKL, Poly, POR and Pop Century. The Poly seems in need of a revamp and basically you are paying for the review and location, the AKL the rooms are tiny and we wont be in our rooms all day to watch the animals, we can go to AK for that. We did like POR and also Pop with this one being the newest. The thing that I am struggling with is money really, we can get a really good deal for a room for 2 weeks at Pop which is about 200 less than POR.

Alot of you seem to be staying at the more luxurous resorts, do you thing I am being tight and stingy by thinking of a value resort?? Its going to be my wedding and honeymoon after all but I can't see the point in shelling out loads of money for a room we will only sleep in and relax in a couple of times.

I would really appreciate your views and thoughts if you don't mind.

Thanks
Lisa

Nope Lisa I don't think you are being tight & stingy at all !! Everyone is different in terms of what they think and/or what they can afford.

POR looks a lovely resort I have never stayed there myself but it does have romantic touches. I'm not that keen on Poly but would love to stay there one day just to try it. I loved AKL but I think it's the kind of resort I'd want to linger in so if I was planning on spending a lot of time in the parks then I wouldn't say it was worth splashing out the cash. I did love opening my balcony doors and looking over the Savannah whilst having breakkie. The first time I had giraffes just staring at me it was a wonderful experience but I regretted how busy my trip was and I didn't get the chance to fully appreciate the resort.

Pop Century looks fabarooney - doesn't it. I love the themeing and it's soooo fun. You have to weigh up what is important to you. I love room service which is why I tend to stay in Deluxes. We also spend time a couple of hours in our room late afternoon/early evening relaxing before going off out again.

But you have to do what you want. This is not a competition and you certainly do not have to keep up with other brides. Not ALL brides stay at Deluxes.

If you really want to stay at POR have you thought about splitting your stay ? I do this more frequently now if I am staying more than a week. I'm not sure if you are looking to purchase a package Lisa and I certainly do not want to be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but as I tend to only book "room only" and then book my flights separately this means I can stay where I want when I want.

Also I notice you are from the UK have you visited the UK DIS boards for trip planning tips ?http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=47

W stayed at POP during our planning session trip, and frankly if it were up to me, we would be staying there for our honeymoon too! But my FH wants to have some more luxurious accomadations for the honeymoon, so thanks to some great AP rates, we are have finally decided on spiltting the honeymoon between the BWI, and the AKL. We have never stayed at AKL before, so I'm excited to spend part of the honeymoon there. We have been to disney many times, and do spend quite a bit of time wandering the resorts and find in general the delux resorts have more to offer. But, that being said, there are a lot of other things that a newly married couple will find themselves spending money on, and having a luxrious honeymoon may not need to be one of them. I think it just depends on your priorities. No matter where you stay your honeymoon will be fabulous!

-Helenprincess:

Fantasia Sam, we are not booking a package as we have annual passes for Disney so will hopefully get AP discount rates for the room. The reason we are thinking of a lower priced resort is because we really want to get married at the Wedding Pavillion and if we stayed at Pop Century we may well be able to have the wedding we want.

From other peoples opinion here and on another board I use I think we will be going for Pop as it sounds quite fun. We are also having a week at Universal in the Hard Rock Hotel so there is a little bit of luxury for us.

Thanks for your help guys!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter