What reservation time at Rose & Crown to catch Illuminations?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jalaine, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

My friend is making her ADR's tomorrow and wants to make a dinner reservation at Rose and Crown where her family will be able to watch Illuminations. The night they're planning on going, Illuminations starts at 9pm. What time should she make their reservation time so that they can watch the show from their table? Any other tips to get the best view???

Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

I would personally make it for 7:15-7:30.

4. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

I'm thinking more 8:15

5. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I don't agree. Just about everyone sitting at a table at 8:15 is staying for Illuminations. That is too late.
    I would book at 7:30ish.
    Even if you get a 7:30 ADR there is no guarantee that you will have a table from which to see Illuminations. There are a limited number of patio tables with a view. You can request one when you check in, but it is the luck of the draw and they no longer allow you to wait for a patio table. You either take the table available when they call you or you loose your ADR.
    If you are seated inside, there is a private patio for R & C guest only, that your server can take you to to view Illuminations. You will be standing with others, but the view is good.
    Hope this helps.

6. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

I see. That makes sense.

7. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

We were seated at 7:10 and got lucky with a great view. Magical! :lovestruc

8. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

It's a tough call because as Hopefully said, if you go to late most of the patio tables won't turn over (folks will stay for IllumiNations), but by the same token, R&C is a pretty fast service place so stretching out a meal is difficult (my experience is that a three course meals takes between 60 and 90 minutes).

Ultimately, I'd try for a 7:30 pm ADR (not much earlier than that) and then plan to order three courses. Also, the view from the reserved area is really good, so if you don't get a table, I wouldn't fret about it. Just make sure to tell your server you want to watch IllumiNations and they'll get you into the reserved area. It's the left of the restaurant (when facing the lagoon). This is the view from the viewing area:
    [​IMG]

9. marmar

marmar Mouseketeer

this is our first night tradition for the last 5 trips. We found the ideal ressie time is 7:45. We've had everything from 7:15 to 8:15. The late seating was a little too late. We rushed thru our entree to see Illuminations and then came back to our table to eat dessert. But the staff wanted us to hurry and leave so they could go home.

I actually prefer to sit indoors instead of the patio. There are only so few tables with good views. The reserved viewing area is better even if you have to stand.

10. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

We've got a 720. Assuming we can get a patio table will they try to rush us out?

And was the post correct that they will no longer let you wait for a patio table?

11. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

They will not rush you out. They pretty much expect those with good tables at that hour to stay for the fireworks.

The latest information is that they will not let you wait for a patio table. You must take the seating you are assigned or you forfeit your ADR. Too many people wanted the very limited patio seating and it caused issues and bad feelings.

12. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Looks like even if we don't get a patio table there are good views from the reserved area.

Sounds like the reserved area is for those dining at the restaurant?

13. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

I'm wondering the same thing. We have 7:30 reservations for June. If we finish our dinner earlier than 9 (maybe 8:30), will they still allow us to use the reserved area afterwards?

14. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

If you finish at 8:30 you can go over to the reserved area and wait. There are no chairs, however, and a high wall so there won't be much to see or do. It has a great view of IllumiNations.

The reserved area is only for the people dining at R&C.

15. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Great, thanks again. I think we can stretch out dinner with appetizers/desserts and a few drinks.

16. nkereina

nkereina Wendy Darling

In our experience, R&C is so busy this time of night, you won't be seated on time. Our ADR was for 7:35, and it took us 20 minutes in line just to get up to the podium to check in. We waited another 10-15 minutes to be seated, so we were sat around 8:15. We were getting dessert as Illuminations started. Even though they don't seat on time, the food comes out fast and they have no qualms about letting you hang out for Illuminations. We were seated on the upper patio and invited to move to the standing area if we wanted, since we had an obstructed view.

17. reddog75418

reddog75418 Earning My Ears

We had a 7:45 ADR and we were seated on the lower patio in the center. It was the best view and our daughter and son loved it. We were not rushed at all, it was a magical experience.

18. divawife

divawife DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a pic of the outside viewing area where they take you if you are seated inside? I have seen a number of pics of the fireworks from the area but not of the area itself. Been looking for this for a while. Hopefully someone will have it?
    Many thanks

19. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

That sounds perfect! Thank you both :goodvibes

20. PixieNette

PixieNette Earning My Ears

We had a 7:15 reservation , requested a patio table, got seated around 7:50. Patio seating is not guaranteed. We were still eating entrees at 9 when the fireworks started. Very magical!

21. ladybuglydia

ladybuglydia Mouseketeer

We have a 7:50 ressie and will be a party of 6. Does anyone know if the patio seating is mainly for parties of 4 or are there some tables for larger parties?