What rental car company did you use your last trip?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Rented a Taurus from Hertz with a good AAA price. We were happy with it. :thumbsup2

Always use National. It's in the terminal, you can just walk out (EC member) and pick out your car. I usually get good rates with codes, coupons, etc. & book in advance & check rates weekly for better rate. If better rate is available I book new reservation then cancel the old one.

I also used National. I was very happy we got a minivan for around $145 for a week.

Alamo off of Priceline. I was supposed to get a full size, but they didn't have any so I got a minivan.

In February we used Alamo (midsize SUV). We used National last year for our trips but the rates were very high in comparison with Alamo.

National-Emerald Aisle Pontiac G6 LOADED (roof, 6 cd changer, XM satalite radio, leather, on and on!) $97 with taxes for 4 days!!

We had to use L&M . our flight was seriously delayed (snow related) so we didn't arrive in Orlando until 1:30 am and most of the rental counters were closed. They were more expensive, but it didn't matter, we needed a way to get to our room. Their van was brand new, and service at the rental counter was excellent!

National, as I have for countless trips, business and leisure. However, unless a big change soon, I will be using Alamo next, National rates have risen so. I did use Hertz, AAA once, worked great, just too costly generally.

I've had great luck getting incredible prices from Dollar. They're really picky about damage, so I'm sure to videotape the entire car before we start the engine, but beyond that, they're great.

The past two trips we've used Dollar. Last trip I (solo) was in a PT Cruiser for 4 days at $89.

Most trips prior to these we used Budget who was the low bid.

We have used National many times and really love the convenience. This time we used Alamo due to the big price difference. We were pleasantly surprised. All went well. We will use them again.

Thrifty this past January. Reserved a full-size got upgraded to a mini-van. Paid $203 total for a ten day rental. Thrifty has been very good to us. We have been upgraded on our last three rentals. Twice to a mini-van and once to a premium(brand new Chrysler 300C).

Alamo. Now granted, this was in Las Vegas, but by the time I got there to pick up the car, they were out of t compacts. Also economy, mid-size, intermediate... I ended up with a Pontiac Torrent for the (awesomely reasonable, thanks to Mousesavers codes) compact rate!

We used Alamo and drove the Saturn Vue $179 for 10 Days last week and the beginning of this week. We walked past the large line for the Magic Express and my husband was glad we didn't have to wait it that line.

we like national or alamo
we are emerald card holders plus they are on site at the dolphin and the AAA car care center

Last trip we used National for the first time and loved it. Got the free EC membership. Used some discounts and codes I found here and on Mousesavers. We got a mid-size SUV for like $127 a week. It was a great car, more luxurious and spacious than most full-size I have rented. We did have a problem mid-week with the car and they sent us a replacement, a full-size SUV. So we got a great deal!

Until... we are complete idiots! We forgot to fill the tank. COMPLETELY FORGOT. We had declined their fuel option so... the cost for them to fill was like $100.

That's my stupid story of the month. Just wanted to share.

I used Thrifty on my last WDW trip. I got a great rate for Christmas/NYE. I have next NYE booked at Thrifty again for the same as I have paid in the summer. They have since almost doubled the price.

ETA: I also used Thrifty on my trip this month to Disneyland and Alamo in Hawaii to the Big Island and Oahu.

We just returned and we used Budget. I signed up for Fast Break on a recommendation from the Boards and this was a HUGE time saver. After we arrived, I'd say the line for Budget at the airport was at least an hour wait. We walked right past to the garage and got our car immediately.

The monetary savings were well above a town car service (we were on the land/sea package). We rented from MCO to WDW and then drove to Port Canaveral. We turned in the car and took the shuttle back to the DCL terminal and did the reverse at the end of the cruise. SUCH an easy transition; Budget's personnel were extremely helpful and the both cars had less than 10k miles.

We used Budget in Feb. and were very pleased. Our trip in June will be 10 days and we need a mini van so we are using our AMEX reward points and going with Avis. I hope we will not be sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter