What rate have you gotten at AKL Concierge?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
As the decisions and debating continued, I think we *finally* decided that we should try AKL on our next trip (hope I don't miss the GF too much!). We're going in January, but have no reservations so far. I'm holding out for discounts.

What kind of rates have you gotten for AKL Concierge? I really don't want to pay more than $300 per night. When I think of AKL Concierge, the rate $276 seems to come up often, and I'd definetly book it at that price.

For those of you who have stayed there, how is the concierge staff? At one time, I remember reading that they are the best. Still that way? Also, what types of food is served in the lounge? Is soda available. And, are bedding requests (bunk beds) usually honored? If it isn't, do they have rollaways available for the 2 queen rooms? Is smoking allowed on any of the balconies? (or, do you have to go to the designated smoking area of the resort?) Is it better to be on the 5th or 6th floor?

Anything else?

Thank you so much! ::MickeyMo

Last August I had a terrific rate at AKL Concierge $223.00 + tax a night Total $248.00

It was a Canadian Dollar at Par Special for Canadian residents.

Cool eh?

>>^..^<<

$249 Annual Passholder Rate in November.

The concierge desk has called me but I wasn't home to chat with them.

I'm paying $277 tax included for concierge. The last time we stayed there they did honor our request for the bunkbeds, our room was a short walk down the hall from the lounge and we were on the sunset savannah which was fine with me I loved the view and watching the giraffes.

Staff were awesome and are this time as well so far. The best thing this concierge lounge has going for it in my IMHO is the capuccino/coffee maker I loved it.

I think you will love it.

Though you really don't want to know our rate for this November. 471.75 (ouch) we booked through DU and couldn't come up with any kind of discount and we really wanted to do the Sunrise Safari.

Here is a link that I have in my favorites that lists the offerings in the lounge. Hope it helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=313397

Pam

We also got the rate of $277 so we are splitting our stay so that we do not miss the GF. We are spending 3 nights at the AKL concierge so we can also do the sunrise safari. The price is just too good to pass up. I have read about the views and the 6th floor some say the roof blocks or makes it harder to view or that the higher floors give the best overall vision but the lower floors are closer to the animals.

We figure we will only know our favorite spot at this hotel once we stay there. Just like we know where we want to be at all of the hotels on the monorail line.

Next year - we are finally going to try an epcot hotel - but again will probably switch so that I do not miss the monorail line too much.

$277.00..this includes taxes. I'll let you know my thoughts in about 2 weeks....We leave Friday!!!

I'm new to this board. Am a "vetern" DCL'er, but am contemplating a summer visit to AKL. Where do I start for a discounted rate? Any tips will be appreciated.:earseek:

Originally posted by jan lyn
I'm new to this board. Am a "vetern" DCL'er, but am contemplating a summer visit to AKL. Where do I start for a discounted rate? Any tips will be appreciated.:earseek:

Check www.mousesavers.com to explain discounts and what is currently available, and postings here for just released discounts.:D

Just received a email from DU quoting AKL concierge pool view at 402.00 per night. This is with a AAA discount. Our travel dates are Jan 1-6 when it is value season. This doesn't sound like much of a value to me! Just curious what kind of discount you all received? TIA

We are Annual Pass holders so that was the rate we got for being those type of pass holders. We also have AAA and the Disney Card which is only good thru this December. But the AP rates are what finally kicked it that low for concierge. We used the codes we find on mousesavers.com.

We orginally booked a long time ago - months, at the regular rate as we wanted to do the safari.

But when we got it for 277 - we did the disney dance;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter