• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What puts a smile on your face?

doodlebugs

<font color=limegreen>Stay home, stay with us.....
In this season that so much of the focus is on buying and receiving….truly there are simple things that really make me smile and makes me feel good. Simple things such as a hot shower on a cold winter morning or my ds (9) still climbing up in my lap for a hug. So, what puts a smile on your face? :)

Listening to the chatter of my niece (17) and nephews (14 tomorrow and 21). Boy they can talk and I love to listen. They crack me up.

Right now, this photo:

cosmo4.jpg

More generally: getting to see my boyfriend after Christmas (we're college students).

Kath2003 - your picture made me smile, too.

Recently, it was my daughter's eyes last night when I picked her up and carried her to bed. When she is awakened at night, she opens her eyes up real big - like an owl, and looks all around. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Denae

Watching my 3 yo great-niece walk into a restaurant last night with a bejeweled tiara perched jauntily on her head. :lmao:

Having my mom's birthday dinner with most of the family there made me smile, too.

Christmas actually makes me quite sad, but in general, I like:

Thunderstorms
Watching a man shave
My dog
Wedding announcements in which the bride and groom are octogenarians (or even older!)
When Dunkin Donuts makes my latte the right way, with LOTS of sugar!
Books and music

apirateslifeforme said:
Thunderstorms
Me too! When I was in college I dormed in an 18 story building on the edge of Brooklyn over looking Manhattan. DBF was on the 17th floor at that time and the rooms have these large picture windows. In the 3 years I was there, there was only one lightening storm. I stopped everything (which included studying for finals) to watch the two hour long storm in his room. It was really cool and I swear one even hit the Brooklyn Bridge.

Lately what makes me smile is my one cats antics. As he is getting older he is getting very strange. He has been hopping around on our living room rug for no reason.

apirateslifeforme said:
Christmas actually makes me quite sad, but in general, I like:

Thunderstorms
Watching a man shave
My dog
Wedding announcements in which the bride and groom are octogenarians (or even older!)
When Dunkin Donuts makes my latte the right way, with LOTS of sugar!
Books and music

:hug:

I love thunderstorms and DD lattes. Oh and watching men in general, but you knew that. ;)

My toddler recently started giving kisses, real, leaning-against-your-face-and-smacking kisses. That always makes me smile.

My son singing "Happy Birthday to mmm-eeeee....." when his birthday isn't for another month.

The giggles that come from my son's toes when he dreams and giggles in his sleep at night.

The inside of a warm hug.

Having my niece home from college for Christmas! And spending two days in WDW with her!! YAY!!!
Taking a half day off of work for the express purpose of watching as many episodes of my new West Wing set as possible. (Thanks Dad for the early Christmas gift!!)
Flannel anything-sheets, PJ's, Shirts, comforters
Fresh ground Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coffee
Cats sleeping on my feet while I'm watching above mentioned DVD's
Colored Christmas Lights
Midnight Mass
A hot shower after a nice long swim in an empty lane
Leaving work the last day before vacation
Dad's cinnamon bread on Christmas morning
Mom's cookies on Christmas afternoon

I can think of a TON more, but these were the first that came to mind. Thanks for the reminder that there are so many things in our lives to smile about! :thumbsup2

Not only during the Holidays.. but everyday my children always put a smile on my face... even though sometimes they are bad. They are my life.. my joy.. my happiness.. :sunny: :sunny:

I could use a nice deep relaxing massage.. That would also put a nice big smile on my face!
1.gif

disneymama73 said:
:hug:

I love thunderstorms and DD lattes. Oh and watching men in general, but you knew that. ;)

Mmm, yeah...watching men makes me happy, but watching them shave makes me, uh, "very happy" :rolleyes1

*nudge nudge wink wink*

a deep belly laugh from my 16 month old when he thinks something is especially funny, punctuated by an occasionally squeal of delight

Kath2003 said:
Right now, this photo:

cosmo4.jpg

More generally: getting to see my boyfriend after Christmas (we're college students).

ok that made me smile also....

driving around looking at christmas lights...listening to xmas music :thumbsup2
kerri

reading posts like these :cloud9: my ds5 Kenny telling me "mom, do you know I love you SOOOOOOO much?" w/a great huge bear hug :love: He is truly the most sweet, lovable child!! He colors me pictures and wants to wrap them to put them under the tree for me :cloud9: he tells me "you're just going to love this... you'll be so happy, it's what you've always wanted" and so on and so on..... he's just so adorable! he just melts my heart!!!

resizedkiss.jpg

this picture made it on the front page of the newspaper:
KennyThanksgiving.jpg

Looking at my DS4 and thinking about how he has grown since he was a baby, the physical changes that I see taking place in him and the sometimes innocent look he has. Of course there are also the hugs and kisses when he says to me "Mommy, one more kiss and a hug!" :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter