What psychology of mk do you know about?

Here's a shot of the inside of Exposition Hall during current construction....the back half is "cleverly disguised". Photo via WDWNT network & Adam Roth [photographer].

884214046_Zig8d-L.jpg

Anybody have a picture of this?

Isn't ToT all a shade of pink? I'm pretty sure the front matches the back.

Isn't the backside built to fit the style of Morocco? They did paint the whole building pick to blend it in.

My BFF and I are prepping a scavenger hunt for our upcoming trip, and finding ToT from EP is one of the items on her list.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21652490@N06/2869589409/
Not my pic, but this is what I found. HTH!

Not a documented thing, but when we stayed at the AKL, we noticed that the paths never take you directly, straight to your destination--they are all windy, curving through foliage when a direct route would be quicker. I think this makes it feel more adventurous and interesting, as opposed to just straight paths. Kind of like how Walt wanted you to take a monorail/boat to MK. The short, straight ahead path is less interesting....

Last time my friends and I were at AK we were not only loving the Tree of life.... but also extending high praise for the "Tree of Reception". :lmao:

When coming into or leaving the parking lot you may notice one tree awkwardly taller than the others. This is the 'Tree of Reception'. Disney couldn't have a cell tower mucking up its perfect skyline. So they painted it and put branches & leaves on it. It is still obviously taller than the other trees around, but not as obviously a cell tower. Most people don't take much notice of it. Our CM friend told us this and we just thought it was hilarious the lengths Disney goes to in order to maintain a theme.

I had a picture of it but can't find it at the moment....

I've always be facinated by "the sensory tickle" between each section of the Magic Kingdom. When you cross the bridge from Main Street into Adventureland you can feel the surface change under your feet. The sensory tickle causes you to look up and you notice a new area completely different from the Main Street archietecture. Every land in the Magic Kingdom has a different texture as you enter a new land, whether it is cobblestones, wood, parquet tile, ect. It's all is planned to get you to look up at new surroundings that are completely different than the area you just left.

except for those ones that bring it in and spit it onthe ground/floors, i literally stuck to the floor at the fp's for soarin last month. they weren't long in shutting that fp machine down to clean the gum up.

i've heard they also dont sell newspapers in the world as it takes away from the fantasy.

and man i want some popcorn now, thanks guys!

I'm not sure if they sell them in the parks, but I know they sell them at Pop Century so I'm pretty sure they would sell them at other resorts.

Ok, I heard that the MK resorts are juxtopposed to the matching land in MK...For exapmle, Adventureland faces The Polynesian, Main Street faces The Grand Floridian, Tomorrowland faces The Contemporary and Frontierland faces Fort Wilderness!

I am loving this thread. All the trips I have made... and so many things go unnoticed. Now I will be sure to look for some of these and share all my tidbits of info with DH while we walk through the parks (in 3 weeks!!!!!!!)
The depth perception thing on main street with different coloured sidewalks really impressed me. As my DS is blind in one eye and struggles with depth perception.:hug:

I love this thread! There is an app for the iPhone/Touch called Walt Disney World secrets and it is by notescast. It's great! I love reading the facts outloud while waiting in line for an attraction. Anyways....here are some I found intresting.

When you walk into Mainstreet U.S.A you can hear a telegraph. It is the morse code version of Walt's opening day speech.

Another reason Kodak chose the color red for the sidewalks? Red brings out the green in the trees and grass because red and green are opposite on the color wheel.

The windows on Main Street are shorter than normal because Walt wanted small children to be able to walk up and see the displays inside.

The only two flags on permanent display at the MK is the American flag and the Swiss flag at the Swiss family treehouse.

Thats all I can remember for tonight. Perhaps I will post more tomorrow! :))

My memory is shady, but I think you can see Tomorrowland from the Swiss Family Treehouse as well? I swear I saw Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter from there... I'll have to check my pics.

Yes you can, here is a pic from the Treehouse.

disneyday761.jpg

Look for some of the second floor windows on Main St. to mysteriously open and close before and after a parade.

The only two flags on permanent display at the MK is the American flag

There is only 1 real American flag at MK - the one slated for flag retreat daily... all of the other flags are missing a stripe/star/something that makes them an unofficial flag, therefore they are not taken down daily. :goodvibes

Speaking of flags, there is a 'flag' on Cinderella's Castle that isn't a flag at all, it's a metal device made to look like a flag that actually aids in the electronic transmissions needed for the parades :thumbsup2

The smell of the popcorn! I don't even like popcorn :confused3, but I swear every single time I walk under the Main Street train station platform I WANT POPCORN!!!! popcorn::

:rotfl2: Yes yes.. this is an ongoing joke in our house. We always talk about how the pipe the popcorn smell throughout the park to make you WANT popcorn. And yes it works we always want popcorn

Ok, I heard that the MK resorts are juxtopposed to the matching land in MK...For exapmle, Adventureland faces The Polynesian, Main Street faces The Grand Floridian, Tomorrowland faces The Contemporary and Frontierland faces Fort Wilderness!

Adventureland and Polynesian - Yes
Tomorrowland and Contemporary - Yes
Frontierland and Ft. Wilderness - No Ft. Wilderness in DW is way on the other side of Bay Lake from the Contemporary Resort. In DL Ft. Wilderness is the fort on Tom Sawyer's island.
Main Street and the Grand Floridian - Maybe, the GF was not on Walt's original plan for that site, his original plan had an Asian themed resort that would have matched Adventureland more than Main St. but when the GF was designed the imagineers might have had the view to/from Main St. in mind.

I just remembered something else from our KTTK tour. Something we never really noticed until it was "pointed" ;) out to us. Disney CMs will ALWAYS point you in a certain direction using 2 fingers. Walt considered it rude to point with one. Now we watch for it and have a little giggle if we see a CM point with one finger - newbies! ;)

The way I've always heard it is that pointing with one finger is considered an extremely rude gesture in certain cultures, although it's certainly possible that Walt felt that way too.

How about the Liberty Square Christmas Shop? If you look closely, it's actually three separate shops with the walls opened between them. They are supposed to be owned by three different colonial families- a German family, a woodcarver's family, and a musician's family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter