What present "meant the most" to you?

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
Like where someone showed real insight or thoughtfulness in a gift that they gave you.

Mine was easy. I am in the process of starting my DJ business back up. My wife HATES this idea but she knows that I love doing it. ( I'll still keep my FT job ). IT has been 13 years or so since I had my DJ business.

Anyway, she bought me two instructional DVDs on becoming a DJ in today's market. Awesome!

My mom is cooking a meal for my family. Enough for lots of leftovers. I get so tired of feeding people.;) It's not a Christmas meal or anything. My Great Grandma's roast with lots of "juice". Just the thought of the meal brings back memories of G Grandma.:goodvibes

The best gift I received yesterday was when my mother-in-law and her obnoxious boyfriend finally went home and my family and I were alone together again. :rolleyes:

DH remembered (on his own) that I collect Disney Lenox pieces. We hadn't exchanges Christmas gifts with each other for a few years but did this year. I got a beautiful Lenox candleholders with Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

He did well :teeth:

Cantw8 said:
The best gift I received yesterday was when my mother-in-law and her obnoxious boyfriend finally went home and my family and I were alone together again. :rolleyes:
:rotfl2:I truly understand! Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the monster-in-law any more...:rotfl2:

My new Tag Heuer watch. I have been looking for a nice silver watch with a blue face for ages and had admired the Movados. The Tag is much nicer than the ones I was looking at. :) Very generous gift from a very generous friend.

Mine were both from my five-year old daughter. She "went shopping" with my Dad. At PawsandClaws (think Build-a-Bear), she made me a unicorn in a doctor's outfit since I love unicorns and always take care of her and her brother when they are sick. She also picked out a beautiful marcasite cross so that "Jesus could protect me." Left me teary on Christmas morning.

While we were at Downtown Disney we (my sons and I) lost their dad.
He was over in the jewelry section looking for something for me.
I wound up with a very nice, yet not too expensive, Tinkerbell watch.
I had been wanting a new one, a more grown up style and he found one.

Lisa

Easy for me too. THe book DD got me. "Dear Mom, Thank you for everything".
:)

DS is 15 well his asked several times for "dad" to take him to the store so he could buy me a card.. and if you knew my DH you would know, never wait on him.. :rotfl: anyway well DS decided to MAKE me a card :guilty: just like he did when he was little...

sleepyone said:
:rotfl2:I truly understand! Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the monster-in-law any more...:rotfl2:

I swear that woman is like dog crap on the bottom of your shoe...you just can't get rid of it once it's there.:rotfl2:

The the gift that meant the most was a Mickey watch with "To My Daddy Love Nicholas" inscribed on the back.

I was lucky enough to receive lots of gifts, but the most thoughtful was from my daughter. A friend of hers went to WDW last month and DD asked her to purchase a new antenna ball for my car because mine was getting scruffy. I had mentioned wanting a new one, but didn't want to buy one online because it wouldn't be "authentic". (OK, I'm a little nuts)

So, I'm opening my gifts and here's a new Mickey antenna ball with the wizard hat. I was just thrilled!

My favorite gift was one of the gifts from my kids. They got a Christmas card and each wrote a note in it about how much they appreciate me and the closeness the three of us share. It was the best!

Mine is from my dh; a piece of painted wood with this wrote on it:

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

:love:

The one that meant the most to me was DD20 coming home for Christmas. Since her dad and I have been divorced she has always alternated holidays between us and she was here last Christmas, so I did not expect her to come home again this year. Best present ever!!!

I didn't get that many but the one that means the most to me is one my GF gave me.

We're going to spend a Saturday in New York City riding the Carousel in Central Park, then The Lion King on Broadway and a nice dinner. It's on April 8th which is our one year "anniversary". Can't wait!!

My uncle told us he had sent a Bible in our names
to a serviceman/woman - I didn't even know anyone could do that!
That was a gift we really appreciated, it was incredibly thoughtful.

Gifts from DD17 always mean the most. This year it was a Blink 182 DVD and a Green Day calendar.

DH also put a lot of thought into some plates he gave me... one with pugs and another with yorkies from The Danbury Mint.

My favorite gift? The ipod nano from DH. :banana:

These meant the most to me. They were given to me by my best friend, my dh and my mother:
3DRTEgjp-njeKeUcY1aEnSQnnEGf6U7H0300.jpg

ZWq3aOohpHx7qXtQz1Z3+2N9RqBJoBkr0300.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter