What photo products have you purchased from Disneys Photopass website?

MEF92

Earning My Ears
I had preordered the photopass plus, so I just finished editing my pics to order the cd, but of course I had to peak at the other products they offer and now my cart has almost $200 worth of other stuff in there.

Anyone order their mugs, ornaments, magnets or photo panels? How's the quality?

What have you ordered from them? And did you love it??

I have a mug from a 2009 trip we took for our 25th anniversary. It's my favorite mug so it's been through the dishwasher many, many times and still looks new.

Also at that time I think I got some luggage tags and maybe some keychains, but they were gifts so I don't know how well they held up.

CD and Photobook in Nov. 2010. Book came to us with pages out of order. I called they sent a new book and told us to destroy the other one.

We've ordered the photobook a couple of times and really like them but they sure do add up.

Denise in MI

Those who have ordered the photo books....are they superior to say a Shutterfly photo book? Not sure if I should order one?

So far I am getting:

the cd (preordered, so that's paid for)
2 mugs (one will be a Xmas present for my father)
3 ornaments (one will be a Xmas present for my mom)
2 photo display thingies
1 magnet

This is adding up fast, but it was our honeymoon/my sons first trip so I figured I'm allowed to spend a lot on this stuff! :-)

I ordered a photo book, I was very pleased with, mine appears to be better quality than regular books I order with a good choice of mickey theming plus professional WDW photo access as well as photo pass shots plus the option to upload and include your own photos. I would do it again !

I've ordered quite a few diffeent items from Photopass over the years and for the most park I am happy with all of them.

I've ordered photobooks..Just got mine from my trip in Aug. and I really like it. I think the editing features are much better this year than when did one a few years back.

I ordered 2 ceramic coffee mugs this year and really like the quality of the pictures and mugs.

My every year favorite is the photo calendar. I think it's a great way to get a keepsake of your Photpass photos without having to spend as much as it would cost to make a book or get prints. I have calendars for the past 5 years and love to look at them during the year and them keep as keepsakes. I also make photo calendars as gifts for my parents (a version with them and my son - from photos I upload).

I ordered ornaments a few years back and they are my least favorite. The photo prints small in my opinion and they are not as nice as other products.

I got the photo disc 2 years back when we had ALOT of photpass photos taken..I think it's only worth the money if you have alot of shots that you like.

I did Christmas cards a few yearsback...they're OK and if you have a coupon code or something then the price isn't bad. But unless you have the PERFECT disney picture to go with them I find there are more design choices and better price deals on other sites.

I did some mousepads and they came out very nice. I find some of the products to be nice gifts for grandparents, etc.

Some of the items do seem a bit expensive, but so far in my experiecne the quality is good. As I said before, I think the best value and product is the Photo Calendar.

I did a photobook for my Mom after her first visit. The quality was amazing.

I also got a calendar after every visit for the next year, but they don't have those anymore. :( That was my favorite souvenir.

I bought a mouse pad and it really did not hold up well. The photo got faded and dark looking over time.

Those who have ordered the photo books....are they superior to say a Shutterfly photo book? Not sure if I should order one?

I made and ordered a photo book after our last trip in February and I was very impressed! The company that makes the Disney photo book is Jostens. The paper is thick and the photos are bright and crisp. I would say the quality is slightly better than what I have gotten from Shutterfly. Despite the steep pricetag, I ended up making our photo book with Disney because I really liked their Disney specific backgrounds and clip art. So overall I was very happy with the book and plan on doing others for our future trips!

I always order a photo book and really love the layouts and quality. I have also ordered an ornament and love it.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say that while the photobook I ordered looks GREAT, it was a major PITA to make. I had started last October, but was encountering so many difficulties that I gave up after only a few pages. I finally did it in June as I did not want my credit to go to waste. Shutterfly is 1000x easier to use, and so much cheaper! Even with the "credit" I got by pre-purchasing the photopass CD and photobook together, it still ended up costing me more for one book than my two Shutterfly books together. All three books were made and ordered in 2012.

Pros
-Great "sparkly" cover
-Awesome choice of Disney backgrounds and stickers
That's it.

Cons (most of these are compared to Shutterfly)
-Expensive!!!
-Pictures take forever to load
-Once a page is done, you cannot move it around somewhere else. Say, you think page 8 would fit much better page 2, you need to just redo your entire layout in page 2, then delete your work on page 8.
-After you position a picture, resize it, etc, if you choose to change the frame you have to redo everything.
-Not as many layouts to choose from
-Shutterfly will show lines to help you align pictures with one another
-I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but bottom line is, I found it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING to edit my photobook. Sure, the result looks great, but my too Shutterfly albums look just as great.

Next time I'll just make my Disney photobook using Shutterfly and add Disney stickers by myself (that I'll buy at the scrapbooking store). Also, you can always take the stock Disney photo from your photopass CD and use them as "spread", meaning they'll cover the entire page. Instant Disney background. I believe you can even change the coloring, to make it look slightly transparent. All you have to do after is add your own Disney pictures on top of it, like you would using photopass's photobook.

I've ordered photobooks..Just got mine from my trip in Aug. and I really like it. I think the editing features are much better this year than when did one a few years back.

I shudder at the thought of how bad the editing features must have been before, because I made my book this past June and cursed many times at them! :crazy2:

Each year I purchase a photobook. They are of great quality and a wonderful way to preserve your memories.

I got a Disney photo book last year and one from Shutterfly. They were both free, so that was super nice. The quality was good for both but the Disney book had a lot more options for embellishing. The Shutterfly program was quicker and a bit easier but I would say the Disney is my favorite. I love the cover! I would say they are equally good quality though.

Personally I have so much trouble with the Photopass website, I can't fathom doing a photobook through them. Im not that patient! I just add tons of borders to my CD photos and then use Shutterfly. With all the borders, it's Disney-fied. :)

I'm trying to make the photobook now and wow, what a PITA! Shutterfly is def easier. My cart is filled with mugs, magnets, ornaments and photo panels. I think I'll either make my own scrapbook or shutterfly it. But I'll def report back on my other purchases! Thanks everyone for your feedback!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter