What permanent US port would you like one of the older Disney ships to call home after 2021?

I wish it were possible to take a ship from a US port to another US port. If that were the case, then a WDW trip followed by a one-way cruise to NYC would be heaven. Get off the ship, in a taxi and home in 20 minutes!

Definitely West coast! Long Beach is tiny and has only Carnival for now, but Los Angeles/San Pedro is an option (we sailed out of this port 10 years ago for our DCL Mexican Riviera but now that sails out of San Diego). San Diego would be a great second choice. More California coastal cruises to include San Francisco, Oregon and Washington ports would be great!

We live in Michigan, so nowhere near a major ocean cruise port. :) That said, we love Disneyland, so I'm going to vote with those who brought up So Cal ports, such as San Diego or Long Beach. I'd be interested in a Disneyland/DCL itinerary.

Really, I'd love to see a DCL ship with interesting itineraries porting near any airport with reasonably priced airfare from our home airport!

We live in Michigan, so nowhere near a major ocean cruise port. :) That said, we love Disneyland, so I'm going to vote with those who brought up So Cal ports, such as San Diego or Long Beach. I'd be interested in a Disneyland/DCL itinerary.

Really, I'd love to see a DCL ship with interesting itineraries porting near any airport with reasonably priced airfare from our home airport!
I do wonder if a Great Lakes cruise (by anyone) would work nowadays.

Well I'm in Vancouver so I already get the Alaska cruises ;-)

I'd be down for San Diego having sailed out of there twice now but they need to make that port more efficient. They get two cruise ships in at once and everyone who works there loses their dang minds :laughing::scared1:

Definitely vote for the west coast, don’t care if it’s San Diego or Long Beach. Both ports are only 5.5 hours from Phoenix and Las Vegas so it would be so easy for so many Disney fans.

I do wonder if a Great Lakes cruise (by anyone) would work nowadays.

We definitely have a couple of cruise lines that sail the Great Lakes, including Pearl Seas Cruises. Our town is on Lake Michigan, and we get cruise ship visitors in the summer! Like other US-based cruises that do not visit foreign ports (e.g. Mississippi River or Columbia River cruises), they are fairly pricey and the clientele are mostly retirees.

https://www.pearlseascruises.com/cruises/great-lakes/great-lakes

Nowhere permanent. Would like the ships to re-position. Or - better yet - travel to other parts of the world.

I think if you are talking a permanent (i.e. year-round) home, it's going to be somewhere where it doesn't typically snow. So Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean, California or Orient. Very few people are going to be interested in a January cruise from New York City where it's going to take two days before you get far enough south to use the pools. (And likewise, the pools essentially shut down two days before the end of the cruise.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter