What percentage of your income do you spend on your holiday?

I think this year it was about 7.5% of our joint pre-tax salary for our Vancouver/Seattle/San Diego/DCL Alaska Trip.

I couldn't possibly say (partly because I don't ever add it all up and partly because my DH sometimes reads my posts) ;)

well i havent booked anything yet but the BEST quote i had was about 45% !!

Wow!

Well this year is a biggie, all parks, discovery cove, wedding, lots of spending money etc so going by the year it's around 45%! :O

BUT we only go every 3 years so going by that, one holiday split between 3 years it's about 15% :D

Oh my, I would guess we speand around 10 to 15% of our joint annual income on the holiday itself. We tend to just take one "big" trip in the year ( last year it was Dubai, this year its WDW, next year its WDW...).

However, I personally spend around 15% of my own income between paying for half of the trip, spending money, clothes etc.

I'm actaully starting to set up a wee savings account where I fritter away around 8% of my monthly income to help pay towards the holidays etc. I wish I could afford to save 15% of my monthly income at the moment!

I reckon around 10% of our joint income (although it all comes out of his wages :rotfl2:) this is DVC dues, flights, spends etc. it is higher this year than usual as we are going for 3 weeks and upgraded our flights PE on our return leg as it was all that was available M+M at the time of booking :rolleyes1

Now if we were to include clothes the percentage may rise a little higher:ssst:

EDIT: OMG seeing my counter at 4 days just made my stomach jump with excitement party:

I couldn't possibly say (partly because I don't ever add it all up and partly because my DH sometimes reads my posts) ;)

Lol! My DH has a series of calculations he uses to calculate the true cost of something eg: if I say a dress cost me £15 he uses the double it and add £5 calculation! Making it £35 (and much closer to the £40 it cost!)

For us we reckon (real figures here by the way) 10% here.

its about 60% of my part time job at the NHS:eek: but if I add on spending money, buying new clothes (its a must:) ) and all the other little bits and bobs that make up the holiday it must push it to 70%..BUT that is exactly why I have this part time job, to fund my WDW habit:rotfl: Luckily DH pays for everything else in the day to boring day routine of life:rotfl:

We are just in the middle of a 2.5 week road trip to California (including 6 nights at DLR), followed by a 2 week Caribbean beach holiday.

This is our only holiday this year, and the costs were paid over an extended period of time (multiple flights - BA miles and cash, numerous hotels, car rentals etc), but I think the total cost must come to over 30% of our net annual income. I certainly don't think we'll be doing anything similar again.

California isn't cheap, and we probably spent less than half as much for 21 days at OKW last summer. But it has been a great trip so far, and you can't take it with you ;)

We are just in the middle of a 2.5 week road trip to California (including 6 nights at DLR), followed by a 2 week Caribbean beach holiday.

This is our only holiday this year, and the costs were paid over an extended period of time (multiple flights - BA miles and cash, numerous hotels, car rentals etc), but I think the total cost must come to over 30% of our net annual income. I certainly don't think we'll be doing anything similar again.

California isn't cheap, and we probably spent less than half as much for 21 days at OKW last summer. But it has been a great trip so far, and you can't take it with you ;)

Hope you are having a wonderful time it sounds fab.:) You're right you can't take it with you and life is for living now. I'd rather not work in a stressful environment for rubbish money but I don't want to just exsist, so needs be.........4 more weeks and I will be back where I belong:cheer2: I'd happily pay 100% of my salary to have my holiday. :)

I've just done a quick calculation and we spend about 7% of our joint annual income on our holidays. If we have a big holiday like florida we don't have a smaller uk holiday, whereas if we go on an all inclusive holiday we have a week in caravan works out similar price as florida.

We normally have one big holiday a year. If it's to Florida, then we spend about 12.5% all in if we upgrade our flights (which we have three of the last four trips) and just under 10% if we don't.

Non-Florida holidays come in a little cheaper than that typically, but I might have to make an exception for next year, which is our once-in-a-lifetime Alaskan cruise. I'm not even going to guess how much that's going to be!

We normally have one big holiday a year. If it's to Florida, then we spend about 12.5% all in if we upgrade our flights (which we have three of the last four trips) and just under 10% if we don't.

Non-Florida holidays come in a little cheaper than that typically, but I might have to make an exception for next year, which is our once-in-a-lifetime Alaskan cruise. I'm not even going to guess how much that's going to be!

Alaska will be worth it, we went this year and it was wonderful

Hi,
We spend about a 1/3 of our wages on food, 1/3 on the mortgage, 1/3 on bills and the other 1/3 on our holidays...:confused3

Mick.

I just did a quick and rough calculation, and our October holiday is about 10%... I thought it was a lot but I feel better that its about average! Xx

I worked our bi annual holiday out in two ways.
1) A private education for one of our children or
2) A hum dinger of an extension

Im so glad we have our priorities straight:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter